Alan Jackson
May 16, 2024, 11:00:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We want Alan in Lexington, KY!  (Read 8092 times)
KentuckyGirlAlanFan

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2012, 08:13:50 pm »

I saw Alan in Highland Heights, KY last night and he was awesome!  He is truly one of the sweetest and most humble artists out there!  I have been a fan for forever and saw Alan a couple of times before when he came to Rupp Arena in Lexington.  I'm hoping for another huge show at Rupp!!  Central KY loves Alan, and I know we could have a GOOD TIME if he came back!!  Bring Alan back to Lexington!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:52:35 pm »

Hey Newbie, I was there too. If he doesn't come to Indianapolis, I would go to Lexington to see him. The show was awesome!!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:27:27 am »

I'm not good at posting reviews but will try.  First of all thanks to Cindy and the Fan Club for the wonderul seats I ordered thru the Fan Club.

My friend and I had 3rd row seats right in the center of the stage. But I never sat down in my seat during the concert.  I always meet up with Betty when we go to the same concert. They let the first few rows go up to the stage during the whole concert. I am so glad they started letting us go up to the stage. Anyway Betty, her granddaughter and I went up before Alan came out and had a good place to stand. It is so great to get to stand in front of A. J while the concert is going on.

Alan had on a black shirt and no holes in his jeans, last month when I saw him in MS he didn't have holey jeans either.
Not certain when he stopped wearing them or if he does this at every concert. He also, had a little beard.

I can't list all the songs or how long the concert lasted, but I could listen to him all night.
He thew out guitar pics and several T-Shirts.
I did get one of the pics which landed right in front of me on the stage. He also autographed a picture for me. I must say it was an awesome concert as always, and Alan seemed to really be enjoying himself, maybe because the people were enjoying themselves too. 
I took the GOOD TIME signs, when he began singing that song we held them up, he pointed to them and said something about us holding them up. Then they showed them on the big screen.

Monty came to the stage and talked to Betty and me before the concert started. As a matter of fact I was standing right in front of Monty when he was sitting on the stool singing.  He is such a marvelous person.

I hope he comes to Lexington sometime too. Although, I live on the opposite side of KY from Lexington. But I have been much farther to A. J.'s concert than that would be for me.

"Gone Country"  From KY
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 08:09:35 pm »

Thanks for the great review, Dot - next best thing to being there!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 09:11:07 am »

The website for the new Ford Center in Evansville shows Alan Jackson on February 8.  Is this correct?  It also shows tickets to the general public going on sale on November 21 --- was there ever a sale for preferred seating for fan club members?  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:14:23 pm by IndianaNative » Logged
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 09:49:56 am »

I didn't see anything about Evansville on the tour page. Would go to this one if we can get tickets thru the Fan Club.
I only live approx. 75 miles from Evansville.

"Gone Country"  From KY
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 04:17:00 pm »

The Evansville Courier and Press also published a story on Monday (yesterday) announcing the concert.  Ticketmaster shows tickets to the general public going on sale this Wednesday (tomorrow).

Evansville is now shown available for Front Row Ticket Giveaway, but nothing about Preferred Seating.  Seems strange.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:20:32 pm by IndianaNative » Logged
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 05:56:00 pm »

The Evansville concert is listed in the TOUR page, however, it directs you to the Ticketmaster ticket sale page. I have just checked it and it's posted on there that the venue is having a tickets pres-sale today that started at 10 this morning and ends at 10 tonight. The price is $100 per ticket plus $12.05 fees for a total of $112.05 per ticket. Here's the link (click on ON SALE DATES & TIMES):

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0500496DF993D6DD?artistid=769574&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

Those of you who'll be able to go, have loads of fun!

BHR

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 09:50:08 pm »

I didn't see anywhere tickets cost $112.05 each, I only saw they were $56.65 each. They have VIP tickets going on sale Nov 26, maybe those are the tickets that cost $112.05 each. I would like to go but since they were on sale this morning I am almost certain the good tickets are already sold.

"Gone Country"  From KY
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 10:18:19 pm »

I checked again and see the VIP tickets are $112.05 each. Would love to go but not certain I want to pay that much.
May change my mind before Mon. lol

"Gone Country"  From KY
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »

Dot, thanks for letting us know that you enjoyed yourself!! and that
you used the signs for GOOD TIME and Alan enjoyed them.  Yeahhhh

So good to know you and Betty saw the same show, too!!

I wonder if any of us can afford future tix after reading the Evansville
show topic!!  Weirdddd prices.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: