Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 03:29:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Springfield Il  (Read 7430 times)
BETTY

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2012, 09:04:01 pm »

Any one going to IL ? See you there.
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 06:12:25 am »

Have a great time Betty!!!

RAY
mvaughn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 01:09:01 pm »

I will be there. Can't wait.  Wish I had won a meet and greet. 
cntrygrl1051

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:57:02 pm »

I will be there too. Can't wait to see Alan again.

Lovin AJ in Central Illinois
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:58:24 pm »

It was very memorable, Betty...and so happy we met up again!

the newspaper is called the State Journal-Register... nothing online, yet

hmmmm About my Favorite Part of Alan's show last nite in Springfield, IL:  wouldn't know where to start!!! would it be the memory of his fingertips touching mine early into the show...watching him enjoy the show himself while we stood at his feet (!)... seeing him give a pick to another fan/friend's (Betty G) granddaughter by clasping her fingers around it... using my sharpie for all of the signing... our 4 th row seats thru the fan club...that gave us the privilege to stand at the stage.... or... no camera issues!? What an AWEsome concert!!! and the weather was perfect, too. Don't think I have ever seen Alan up here in IL in concert where I wore one of the AJ short-sleeved tees!

And Roger Bob Wills thanked Me for being His fb friend and he let some of us have our pics made with him. What a sweet man!!  (he also LIKEd my appreciative comments today on fb).

I love the way children are appreciated by RB and Alan. One thing Alan didn't do this time was take his hat off and tip it to the crowd as he entered...or any other time in the concert. And he stood while singing "The Bluesman" and also "Where Were You"...with his hand over his heart... and also with his hand over his heart sometimes during "Remember When."  The young girls by us at the stage were so thrilled when "Good Time" was to start.  Me, Too!!   They were into the whole show. Oh! and Alan threw out new turquoise shirts rolled up. Wink

During the sit down segment, Alan noted that he loves those old sadddd country tunes and sang a recent single that he wrote:  "So You Don't Have to Love Me Anymore."   We love it when he and his band members also are seated on the tall stools.   What a great nite!!!  There were 3 empty seats in the center of our section in the 3rd row All nite.. so sad!!!

Also, I introduced two ladies to an AJ concert experience, too. They were still floating when we parted ways here around 1 a.m.

Springfield IL fans especially seem to bring out that twinkle in Alan's eyes... He was so Loved there.  Alan talked a great deal last nite... and I think he has trimmed down too. Looked 'thin' to me. (another fan agreed). 

He had the crowd all revved as "WWY" ended... They cheered and went on and on for a bit to show him how much we appreciate "Where Were You."

♥ ♥ All you need is lovvvvvvvvvvve. Aieeeeeeeeeee
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 04:26:53 pm »

Great review, mar4aej!!!  It brought back fond memories of my last concert.  I was also able to introduce a friend to experiencing an AJ concert standing at the stage, getting an autograph and a pick!!! Nothing like that!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 06:45:36 am »

That is awesome mar4aej!! Thanks for a great review and so glad you had such a great time!!

RAY
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 12:44:36 pm »

Wow, sounds like you all had an awesome time. Great review. I am going this coming Saturday to Kentucky. Still no M&G or front row email, so I am bummed about that.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 04:05:26 pm »

Mar, thanks for the review, sounds like an awesome time. Glad you and Betty got to meet up.

"Gone Country"  From KY
suem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:27:52 pm »

Mar,
Great review!!!!!   Feel lucky I get to see him in two weeks in Florida with Jinx and Dizzy!

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 08:18:51 pm »

Thanks to each of you for sharing AJ with us!!!
You are gonna love the show... I think between his speaking so much
and singing almost non-stop, it was amazing!

Is anyone using the GOOD TIME signs these days?
I only did that once with Terry from Cali and my friend would only hold
one of 2 signs so I had 3. It was a mess...   Alan came over to us to give
us a 'look'... LOL   I hid behind one of the letters when he stared down
at us...to see who was messing up.  hee hee

I didn't think ahead but then I was standing right at the stage and people
would have taken your spot if you gave an inch there...plus everyone
practically had a camera in hand... Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: