Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:04:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ at Verizon Amphitheater in Alpharetta 10-6!  (Read 5177 times)
GATourist

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2012, 08:02:02 am »

What a fantastic night in GA..... Alan headlined the local country station's "Country Fair" last night, along with host Kix Brooks (who thrilled us all with an unplanned acoustic song or two), Jana Cramer, and Clay Walker.  it was a perfect, transitioning-to-fall night, and when Alan hit the stage around 9:15pm, the crowd was more than ready.  We had seats in the "Fan Pit" on the 2nd row, but someone from Alan's group came out before the show and told us to "move against the stage" when Alan began performing....no problem!  Although I can't remember the exact set list, I noted that (a) it was packed with The Hits, and (b) it was different than when I saw Alan perform last Spring.  He opened with "Gone Country".....and the best thing about this tune was the great reception he received, and the fact that he walked over to us and handed my 10 year old daughter (who was on my shoulders) a pick and a big "hi there, honey!" She was thrilled.  After about 3 songs, Alan and the band took to stools and moved a little quickly through a series of (unfortunately) abbreviated hits.....but it was pretty clear, as he took the time to talk with the crowd, that he wanted to give us all as much as he could. Nearly 90 minutes later, during an encore of "Dixie Highway," my 12 year old son got his encounter.....Alan reached over and took my son's hat off his head, signed it, and handed it back with a big smile.  All in all, a magical night...a few drunks here and there, but it only added to the atmosphere!  :-)  I've only been a fan for a short time (thanks to my son), but strong, reliable, hit-packed performances like the one last night.......and what I can only describe as a true sense that AJ is the real deal.......is keeping me hooked. 
shgunter59

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:14:44 am »

Going to see him live will cement that fan relationship. So glad your son and daughter got attention from him. I have been a fan of Alan's for too many years to count, but it was only after seeing him perform live the first time that I got really  hooked. He has a great stage presence and really cares about his fans.  It was thrilling to meet him and talk with him for a bit.

It was a great night!

I also love Clay Walker, he was great too.
GATourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:18:03 am »

I also love Clay Walker, he was great too.

Agreed!  As not-really-a-country-music-fan, I had never heard of Clay Walker, but you're absolutely right.  And a PERFECT opening act for Alan.  He was really having fun, and the streamers, confetti canons, and beach balls got everyone fired up, for sure. 
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 10:31:30 am »

What a fantastic night in GA..... Alan headlined the local country station's "Country Fair" last night, along with host Kix Brooks (who thrilled us all with an unplanned acoustic song or two), Jana Cramer, and Clay Walker.  it was a perfect, transitioning-to-fall night, and when Alan hit the stage around 9:15pm, the crowd was more than ready.  We had seats in the "Fan Pit" on the 2nd row, but someone from Alan's group came out before the show and told us to "move against the stage" when Alan began performing....no problem!  Although I can't remember the exact set list, I noted that (a) it was packed with The Hits, and (b) it was different than when I saw Alan perform last Spring.  He opened with "Gone Country".....and the best thing about this tune was the great reception he received, and the fact that he walked over to us and handed my 10 year old daughter (who was on my shoulders) a pick and a big "hi there, honey!" She was thrilled.  After about 3 songs, Alan and the band took to stools and moved a little quickly through a series of (unfortunately) abbreviated hits.....but it was pretty clear, as he took the time to talk with the crowd, that he wanted to give us all as much as he could. Nearly 90 minutes later, during an encore of "Dixie Highway," my 12 year old son got his encounter.....Alan reached over and took my son's hat off his head, signed it, and handed it back with a big smile.  All in all, a magical night...a few drunks here and there, but it only added to the atmosphere!  :-)  I've only been a fan for a short time (thanks to my son), but strong, reliable, hit-packed performances like the one last night.......and what I can only describe as a true sense that AJ is the real deal.......is keeping me hooked. 

My goodness!  What a nice review!  I'm a new fan, too - only since Thirty Miles West came out.  I saw him last week at The Big E and will see him again in a couple of weeks.  One of the things I love about AJ is the raport he has with his fans.  You can tell it's genuine.  When I saw him last week he made a point of thanking all of his fans for supporting his career over all the years.  Although, I'm a new fan, I'm sure all the seasoned AJ fans in the audience where appreciative of this nice shout out to them.  So glad he took a minute to thrill your children.  A little gesture like that will be remembered forever by them, I'm sure.   

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 12:09:00 pm »

GATourist, thanks for the wonderful review. I'm thrilled for you and your children. It's an experience they will always remember as they grow up, I'm sure. Glad you all had fun last night. So happy for you all. I'm feeling very envious of you right now as I had thought of being there too. But because of some details I read from this forum regarding the PIT section (it will be transitioned into a General Admission. . .no seatings) and my having problem with my back, I optioned on not going. If I had known that there'll be seats there anyway, I would have gone, as I'm sure Alan's crew would have understood it if I had chosen to remain on my seat. My family and I saw Alan's concert in that very same venue couple of years ago so I know I will not have much problem seeing Alan on stage from the PIT section even with all the fans standing close to the stage. Clay Walker has also been a fave artist of mine. By the way, we live in Alan's hometown here in GA and been fans of Alan's since '93.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 03:59:02 pm »

Thanks for the Great Reviews!You will never forget that moment, or I still can recount everything that happened at
mine and still am in awe of Alan. Alan leaves all of us Fans wanting more and Mine was in 2009!

It's also great you got to see Clay Walker, he is great too! Congrats to all of you. Yes I agree, "Alan Jackson is the REAL deal."

Alan makes his Fans feel like he appreciates them and I'm sure he does.Alan Is really a nice Southern Gentleman!
Love hearing about the Concerts w/Alan, Thanks! Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: