Alan Jackson
May 20, 2024, 06:30:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: George Strait  (Read 4416 times)
AlanfanJo

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2012, 05:17:17 pm »

Sad news that George Strait is retiring.  Hopefully he will continue to record music.  I always have felt that George and Alan were cut from the same cloth.  They are both real country, family men, and their music cannot be confused with anyone else's.  

Enjoy George..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:18:19 pm by AlanfanJo » Logged
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 08:49:21 am »

He is going to continue to record..During the press conference when some of the country stars was paying tribute to George through a video..they showed Alan on his boat..I was excited to see Alan..

RAY
1PAAJFAN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 09:15:51 pm »

It is sad to see that King George is retiring but he has had a long and prosperous career.  He is truly one of the great country artists. I am glad I had the opportunity to see him twice.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 10:17:10 pm »

Just to clarify it a bit, George Strait is not retiring from the music business. . .yet. As Vamp1227 said, he will still continue to record new music. He is only retiring from touring after his farewell tour ends in 2014. Still sad. I wonder if Alan will be one of his special guests at one point of his tour. Sure would love to see them in concert together. Our area is not included on the list of places George will be touring on the first lag of his final tour but I'm still keeping all hopes he'll do a date near us, preferably with Alan as his special guest. That will be real nice and a super great treat. Time to start saving money for the tickets. :-)

Here's an article on George's announcement of his "retirement" with the list of dates and places he'll be touring next year that has already been scheduled:

http://www.theboot.com/2012/09/26/george-strait-2013-tour/

BHR

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 05:58:34 pm »

Sorry to hear George is retiring from touring. He
will be missed .
Elaine

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: