Alan Jackson
May 08, 2024, 03:07:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloomsburg, PA  (Read 15107 times)
1PAAJFAN

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:18:11 am »

Anybody get a meet and greet for Bloomsburg?  I did not and I would imagine they have send email notifications already.
buffaloline

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 12:04:39 pm »

I haven't heard anything either.  See you all Saturday.
taccat8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:41:47 pm »

Heard nothing here! Oh Yeah!!! I'll be there!!!!!!

Kathy
Jerseygirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 03:54:31 pm »

Does anyone know if they let you know either way?   I'm thinking the window has passed.   Still holding out hope, though!   Good luck guys! can't wait until Saturday!!!     

Liz :O)
1PAAJFAN

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 07:43:07 pm »

If m & g were sent out last week then i didn't get one. I really thought this would be my chance to meet Alan but oh well guess not.  Kind of bummed knowing that i will be laid up for a few weeks and not be able to go anywhere. Oh well maybe we can all meet at the show.  I am sure it will be a good one.  I haven't seen him for 7 years.
taccat8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 09:54:36 pm »

Unfortunately, no Liz they don't let you know that you didn't get a M&G or front row. 1PAAJFAN sorry you didn't get a M&G. I hope it is nothing to serious but seeing Alan should make you feel a little better. This will be my third time this year seeing him and it is always a treat and a thrill! Maybe will get a chance to all meet!

Kathy
Jerseygirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 09:26:07 am »

it's all good. Just so happy that i will even be there...  I'm thinking a Street and Greet... :O)
sherryajfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 11:53:43 am »

No I haven't heard anything either.....
1PAAJFAN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 09:07:57 pm »

Kathy,  I would say surgery is always serious but not as bad as last year. I will enjoy the show anyway. Money is always tight since I haven't been able to work. This is the first time to see him this year. Bloomsburg is not that far away but I still dont like to travel that far from home. Street and Greet would be awesome. Hope to meet everyone.  I am in sec 1 not 5 like I thought before. I wished I would have gone to Meadville to see him, still pretty far away but weather was gorgeous then, maybe a little cooler saturday. I hope he wears a blue shirt. I think all the other times he has worn black but I think he looks great and blue and should wear it more often.  How about it Alan, something in blue?
buffaloline

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 12:29:02 pm »

Is the fan club member who made the letter cards to hold up while "Good Time" is being preformed coming tonight?  I know she had them at the University Park, PA concert in May, 2010, I was the "D".  Smiley
bflyindi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 09:09:44 pm »

Just came from the Blooomsburg concert and the fanclub seats were the worst seats I've had, fanclub or otherwise in 20 years!!! There was fanclub members all around me and they all were very upset with the seats. You practically had to have binoculars to see him and they were so far to the side that you couldn't see the center jumbotron.  This totally upsets me bc we drove for 3 hrs just to go to the concert, took the fifth wheel and camped for the  weekend all for nothing:( 
1PAAJFAN

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:12 pm »

The seats were not that good but at least I finally made it.  I missed 15 minutes of the show but still had a good time. I knew the seats were not good there and I don't usually go to Bloomsburg for that very reason but it didn't matter to me tonight. It had been 7 years since I saw him and I thought he was just absolutely great. Parking is horrible there also, to far away from everything. Loved the jumbotrons.  Thanks to a good camera I got some nice pictures so when I figure out how to post them on facebook or send them I will do it. I was back by the group of people with the "GOOD TIME" posters.  Loved every minute of it. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet anybody but there is always next time. Goodnight and hope everyone there had a "Good Time", I did!
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 02:02:17 am »

Hi from one of the G O O D  T I M E  signers!!  We were there and surprisingly, even though we also were seated way in the back and off on an impossible angle, Alan did catch us holding up our signs. He motioned to his camera man to film it the second time he/we spelled out the words and we were up on the big screen!!! Quite a thrill as we thought we were too far away to be noticed tonight!

Rachel used to get up on the screen all the time when she was younger during Little Bitty!  She just turned 18 a couple weeks ago, so she's not the little girl of choice anymore during the song, but she managed to get up to the stage for the encore and the camera man had her and her Bitty Baby doll on the screen a couple times then!

AND WHAT AN ENCORE!  I am sure many of you remember when Alan stopped singing Pop A Top on the awards show midway to break into a rendition of George Jones song as George was not allowed to sing his full song that night on the show.  Well during the encore of Mercury Blues, Alan threw out what looked to us to be T-shirts to the crowd.  Midway thru the song he turned his back to the audience.  Next thing we know the music stops for a second or so and then Alan is at the microphone singing  Chasin That Neon Rainbow!!! WHAT???  I have never heard him do this before at the end of the encore and I've been to over 300 shows at this point.  TOTALLY made my night and birthday weekend celebration! 

Thanks Alan!  I was smiling over it the whole 3 1/2 hour ride back home.   See you in Trenton and Reading in November.
Hope   

What a Day Yesterday Was!
Littlebitty40

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 08:55:55 am »

I hear ya.... I sat and waited to order my tickets the night before they went on sale, to make sure I was going to get GOOD tickets. What a DISAPPOINTMENT. Alan.. You sounded WONDERFUL.... But our seats SUCKED... We were like thrown all the way in the back, on an angle. Everyone around me was complaining and in the fan club. I think I am taking this higher. I would have like to hear one or two of my favorite older songs, but ya can't have it all Wink LOVE YOU ALAN !!
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 02:25:03 pm »

I must be mellowing in my old age. 
Things that used to bother me more just don't seem as important as family, friends, good health, and great music:

Yes our seats were not very good at all last night.   Probably because we are usually so spoiled by the fan club with incredible seats we  forget that many people in the audience still had seats even further away.

Yes the parking/fair grounds were expensive and annoying after a 3+ hour car ride.  Yet I got to relax and share the ride with my family and sing Alan Jackson songs the whole way up to Bloomsburg.

Yes, sigh,  I didn't get a meet and greet from the fan club (I've never been randomly drawn for anything in 23 years).  But two of my good friends did get to meet him last night and I am so happy for them.  Alan Jackson fans are the best people!!

Yes, I had someone yell at me at the beginning of the show for standing up in front of him.  But my sweet daughter made friends with him and by the end of the show he shook my hand and we parted as true Alan Jackson fans!

Yes he didn't sign autographs at the end of the show. But he sang Chasin That Neon Rainbow and for me it made my entire night.

And mostly, think about this:  In this whole entire world, as large as it is, all of us last night shared the same small little speck on the earth as the best country singer in the world, getting to hear him sing his songs live for us.   Thank you again Alan Jackson.  I will never get tired of hearing you perform for us. I hope you continue to do so for a long long time!!

Hope

What a Day Yesterday Was!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: