Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 05:39:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: From Newspaper-Tulsa review  (Read 6103 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:36:53 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/Scene/article.aspx?subjectid=269&articleid=20091108_270_A3_Jackso218679
January

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 01:50:34 pm »

Thanks , Beth! I will be interested to haer from Terry and/or Nan -

"Jackson's vocals were probably best on display during his touching performance of "A Woman's Love," which he sang backdropped by video of him and his wife, Denise, slow dancing in a gazebo. "

Unless something has changed this sounds like Remeber When"  HHMMMMMM

And did they sit thorough the whole thing?  That was the impression I got from the review - what is going on with these people??? I had that same problem in Windsor......I hate that!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 02:06:30 pm »

Thanks Somebody for the Tulsa review.  Do you know who opened for him?  That doesn't sound too good.  Bad opener for our good boy!!!  Gwen...aka ajthecatsmom!
January

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 02:28:29 pm »

Nan said Gloriana was opening for him.... Looking forward to a real tour next year - new CD should bring a new tour with a steady opener- Miranda maybe? Kelli?  or Jake Owen? - I don't know how he could top Trace but .... I would kind of like to see the Wrights go back out with him too......

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 05:35:04 pm »

Yup the reporter mixed up A WOman's Love and Remember When but our man sounded great on both!!  Yes, Glorianna opened and the 35 minutes went waaay too slow for me!  The crowd was great and up front, we stood the whole time!  In all honesty I never really looked back at the rest of the place to see if they were but they sure were cheering and you could tell he was enjoying the positive vibes!  Full review later tonight!!  Oklahoma loves traditional country and it was of course a different crowd than what sold out the arena a few weeks ago for Taylor Swift :-)
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 05:41:33 pm »

I don't know where this reporter was, but I did look back a few times and from where we were, it looked like the whole floor was standing most of the time, at least the first 10 plus rows, I couldn't see past them.  I know the sides didn't stand much. 

Thanks Beth for the link.

Livin' On Love in California
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 10:24:44 pm »

Thanks somebody for the like.  It sounds like it was a great concert.        Take Care       nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: