Alan Jackson
April 28, 2024, 04:02:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is real Country  (Read 6942 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:25:53 am »

Interesting article from my Bellsouth Home Page-it discusses things we have talked about here. I do disagree with them on 1 point. They say Alan & George Jones don't reach the top of the charts. Actually Alan reaches the top of the charts with great regularity:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/vivanashvegas/2593/is-new-country-real-country/

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:57:15 pm »

Hi Harriet I posted here this morning agreeing with you and not the reporter.  I wrote to much and then later went back and deleted it. I am afraid of saying anything that might make trouble for ALAN, CINDY or THE GREAT FANS. IF you remember I deleted two others about the radios and polls dropping ISLB for the same reason.  I wish you luck on TUES. Take Care, LOTS OF HUGS  And I am sorry I can't say all I would like to.   George Jones is right. My opinion.    nelle 

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 03:46:11 am »

Harriet, thanks for the link.I'm not agreeing with the reporter about Alan & George.Maybe he live on a other planet? About the new femal singers, i can understand that it isn't real country. But is Faith Hill or Martina McBride or Trisha Yearwood or Reba McEntire pure country? Was Patsy Cline country? 
I live in a country not familiar with countrymusic but i readed a lot about the history of the genre. So i know femal singers always have diffiicult to be accept in the countrymusic world. Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn were the pioneers and wimen like Terri Clark and, why not, Heidi Newfield do it real good but get not always the appreciation that they deserve.

btw. Loretta Lynn's "Coal Miner's Daughter" is one of my favorite books.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 08:13:09 pm »

Harriet, thanks for the link.I'm not agreeing with the reporter about Alan & George.Maybe he live on a other planet? About the new femal singers, i can understand that it isn't real country. But is Faith Hill or Martina McBride or Trisha Yearwood or Reba McEntire pure country? Was Patsy Cline country?  
I live in a country not familiar with countrymusic but i readed a lot about the history of the genre. So i know femal singers always have diffiicult to be accept in the countrymusic world. Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn were the pioneers and wimen like Terri Clark and, why not, Heidi Newfield do it real good but get not always the appreciation that they deserve.

btw. Loretta Lynn's "Coal Miner's Daughter" is one of my favorite books.

Jean

Jean, I think there always will be a pop-country element in country music. Let those that do it do their thing as well as all the other elements in country. I like all kinds of country myself. A good song is a good song no matter who sings it.

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 08:15:28 pm »

Hi Harriet I posted here this morning agreeing with you and not the reporter.  I wrote to much and then later went back and deleted it. I am afraid of saying anything that might make trouble for ALAN, CINDY or THE GREAT FANS. IF you remember I deleted two others about the radios and polls dropping ISLB for the same reason.  I wish you luck on TUES. Take Care, LOTS OF HUGS  And I am sorry I can't say all I would like to.   George Jones is right. My opinion.    nelle 

Thanks, Nelle, I am hoping for a good report tomorrow & appreciate your concern. Hugs.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 01:18:02 pm »

Thanks for the link Harriet.  Don't agree with the reporter either, Alan and George are two of the true country singers.  I agree with Jean, what planet is this reporter from??

Livin' On Love in California
cherival

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 10:48:49 pm »

I really love Alans new song The cd is great got it just before the Tulsa concert.  Listen to it all the way from Okc to Tulsa.  Alan is so good at what he does ( song writing and singing)  He is at the top of my list and yes the CMA's did miss out on the best. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: