Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 07:27:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ CD Review Part 3  (Read 4742 times)
possum

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2012, 06:26:19 pm »

10) "Nothing Fancy" The title captures this song well. This is just a sweet little love song that features a nice chorus. Nothin fancy indeed but very well done.

11) "Long Way To Go" The beach, margaritas and a mariachi band. What's not to love! Well, the bug I guess.

12) "Life Keeps Bringin Me Down" This song has that old time feel to it. Again, I think we all can relate to the lyrics. This one has George Jones written all over it. Great singin' and pickin'.

13) "When I saw You Leaving" Alan's dedication to his wife and her battle with her illness. The opening chords set the mood really well. This one had to be tough to sing for AJ and you can hear the emotion and earnestness in his voice. I love the way the music changes towards the end. It's like sunshine and a rainbow after a storm. Great job!

Eddie
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:14:00 am »

Yeehaw! Looks like Eddie loves Alan too.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 07:05:44 am »

Eddie, great reviews!  Don't you think Life Keeps Bringing Me Down is reminiscent of Buck and Don?  I always think of them when I hear it!

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
possum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 03:06:23 pm »

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I can hear a little of Buck and Don in there but it still reminds me of George Jones.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 06:28:35 pm »

10) "Nothing Fancy" The title captures this song well. This is just a sweet little love song that features a nice chorus. Nothin fancy indeed but very well done.
11) "Long Way To Go" The beach, margaritas and a mariachi band. What's not to love! Well, the bug I guess.
12) "Life Keeps Bringin Me Down" This song has that old time feel to it. Again, I think we all can relate to the lyrics. This one has George Jones written all over it. Great singin' and pickin'.
13) "When I saw You Leaving" Alan's dedication to his wife and her battle with her illness. The opening chords set the mood really well. This one had to be tough to sing for AJ and you can hear the emotion and earnestness in his voice. I love the way the music changes towards the end. It's like sunshine and a rainbow after a storm. Great job!
Eddie
Eddie, I agree with you about the CD. Alan has his own style and Voice, but he reminds me at times of Williams. I love Alan's new single " You Go Your Way." I hope it does well, but radio seems to always play to the younger set here. I requested Alan's new one locally here. Nice to see you are a real Alan Jackson Fan, like me and all his Fans!
Thanks for your comments, nice! Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: