Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 12:49:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ CD Review Part 2  (Read 2785 times)
possum

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2012, 06:10:32 pm »

6) "Look Her In The Eye And Lie" Alan rocks it on this one. It's got that blues guitar style goin' mixed with some nice pedal steel. This one just kind of chugs along with it's rhythm.

7) "Dixie Highway" This one features AJ and Zac Brown on vocals and has an infectious driving beat. I love the banjo intro. It also has some of the sweetest sounding slide playing by Dan Dugmore. Very much reminds me of David Lindley's playing on Jackson Browne's song "Redneck Friend". Incredible!

Cool "She Don't Get High" What a departure from the previous song! This one is an achy love dying on the bloom type song and Alan nails it. I can't help feeling that this song also owes a lot to Alan's work with Alison Krauss. It's just wonderfully written and sung by a master of the emotionally charged love song.

9) "Her Life's A Song" This one has it all. Solid beat and melody. Anyone with daughters or granddaughters can relate to the lyrics. I really like the guitar on this one as it reminds me of the late Jesse Ed Davis's style.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:12:54 am »

More great reviews. Love it!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: