Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 12:22:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ CD Review Part 1  (Read 2696 times)
possum

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2012, 05:46:46 pm »

1) "Gonna Come Back As A Country Song" From the opening fiddle this leaves no doubt that it's a 100% country song. It also features some awesome honky tonk piano and I love the chorus. This one reminds me of Joe Diffie.

2) " You Go Your Way" I really love this one! It sounds a lot like something George Strait would sing. It has great steel guitar on it and just a real nice melody.

3) "Everything But The Wings"  I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't care much for "Like Red On A Rose". But on this song the seeds of Alan's collaboration with Alison Krauss bear fruit! This beautiful love song that features standout fiddle playing owes much to the work done with Alison. It just sounds different from whatever a typical AJ song sounds like. Of course Alan really sells it with his vocals!

4) "Talk Is Cheap" You have to love the way this song seems to skip along with a hint of an Irish jig to it. Some great pickin' on electric guitar and the steel ain't half bad either. The fiddle after the chorus is outstanding as well.

5) "So You Don't Have To Love Me Anymore" I am a lover of 'traditional' country music and it doesn't get any better than this for me on this song. This is just an old heartbreak song sung perfectly by Alan. I absolutely love the way the steel guitar soars and fades. It really reminds me at times of Van Morrison's song "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You".

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:11:38 am »

Wow, great intimate reviews of these 5 songs.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: