Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 06:56:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You Go Your Way - new single  (Read 12112 times)
katluvsaj

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:44:59 am »

Got a Facebook notification and it's on the Home page that You Go Your Way is the next single from Alan.  Love this song - let's vote & request it to #1!.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:12:50 pm »

I love the song also, but would have preferred Her Life's a Song or Look Her In the Eye and Lie.  Any love song or sad song tears at my heart from Alan.   Just saw the following review and reporter nails it as country radio is not playing what we love as true country fans.   Will vote and request though and.........pray.

http://tasteofcountry.com/alan-jackson-you-go-your-way

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 12:01:34 pm »

This is one of the few albums I own where Alan did not write most of the songs.  I like this song but can't say that I "love it".  I would like to have seen "She's an Angel" on single.  It would have begun at #1.  I have the album so get to enjoy all of the songs but wish Alan would come out with another album with all the songs written by him.  That sounds so easy of course but it takes plenty of time and I appreciate that.  I'll buy anything Alan puts out.  I dearly love him and the Strayhorns.  I will miss Mark.

The fans that say Country radio is ignoring "Real Country" music are quite right in my opinion.  We need more Alan and more George.
Alanfan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 01:45:51 pm »

I love the song also, but would have preferred Her Life's a Song or Look Her In the Eye and Lie.  Any love song or sad song tears at my heart from Alan.   Just saw the following review and reporter nails it as country radio is not playing what we love as true country fans.   Will vote and request though and.........pray.

http://tasteofcountry.com/alan-jackson-you-go-your-way

I do like "Her Life's A Song" as well and I think it is more in tune with the current country radio trend and it's really fun to sing. I was listening to his new album while doing my workout on the treadmill at the gym last night and when that played it really got me almost dancing. LOL! I think young fans would love to hear that song on the radio and, yes, it probably will stand a better chance in being a #1 hit for Alan.

"You Go Your Way" is a good song, and I agree that all the songs in this album are good songs, if not great. However, the ones that are not written by Alan just does not have the special touch or feel that songs Alan wrote and have written over the years all have. I'm with you, Alanfan. I would also like to see Alan come out with an album with songs all written/co-written by him.

By the way, while doing grocery shopping at Walmart last Saturday, I spotted re-issued copy of Alan's last album with Sony/Arista, "35 #1s" with a different and much nicer album cover and they changed the title to "The Essential Alan Jackson". Why didn't Sony use that cover for the original album in the first place? It certainly would have been nicer. I considered buying it but I was feeling a little upset with Sony about it so I didn't. I probably will, though, later. If you all have not seen it, take a look here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Essential-2CD/20575087

BHR
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:11:32 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 06:17:29 am »

I like his new cd and You Go Your Way is a great song to sing along with......Whether Alan writes it or not, he knows the ones to choose to sing!  He just doesn't make as much money from us!  LOL!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

LindaLou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 11:26:53 am »

I like the new CD also.  I think it's one of his best, there isn't one song I don't like.

LindaLou
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 08:56:37 pm »

Are the radio stations to have the release of the new single now,, have to start calling the station local here and request it and see what they say

Gone  Country    Arkansas
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 10:10:18 am »

I agree all of the songs on this CD are great. The one I couldn't get out of my head was "Look Her in the Eye and Lie" though! We'll see what happens with this new release.  I feel Alan has been slighted for the last few years. One day someone (maybe Zac Brown) will be standing up for him just like Alan stood up for George Jones at an awards ceremony.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
AlanEJacksonFan

OMGMA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 04:39:35 pm »

Her lifes a song is One of My favorites

AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 10:45:45 am »

I just voted for Alan:

http://tasteofcountry.com/alan-jackson-kristen-kelly-the-showdown/
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 11:42:27 am »

I really like Alan's Single, "You Go Your Way."
After having listened to it over and over, Alan seems to make this song his own. That great Voice!
I just requested it on my local stations. Let's get this one going Fans!
Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 11:03:30 am »

I also feel Alan has been slighted over the last few years.  It's time they put him into the Hall of Fame.  He's got every award possible and is still going strong way over 20 years.

Here's hoping.  We all love him so.

Alanfan
countrygirl24

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 01:09:14 pm »

I love Alan's New Single, "You Go Your Way."  Wait ago AJ!
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 12:27:13 am »

Dont know why  our radio station   hasn"t   played the new single yet.          You call and send emails   and still havnT heard it.           They do play You DonT  have to love me anymore.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: