Alan Jackson
April 28, 2024, 10:32:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALAN's WWY is one of 20 greatest songs ever please vote  (Read 11580 times)
nelle

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2009, 03:25:10 am »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/InTheSpotlight/vote-best-country-music-song-ever/story?id8961902

I got this link when I went to play his videos on CMT. You have to be far enough down on the page to click thumbs up. On the left it said click here and vote for THE BEST COUNTRY SONG EVER. I clicked and ALAN"s WHERE WERE YOU was there and I voted.  I Took down this link and went to my son's laptop and voted.  I posted here before and I tried it and then it said there  was no such page.  So I deleted the topic.  I think this is big. One of the top 20 ever.  So I am putting it back up and I hope it works for you or else I am so sorry, but maybe someone can help me get it right so everyone can please vote.           Thank you          Take Care           nelle

PLEASE VOTE, BUT USE BHR's LINK.    THANKS AGAIN       nelle
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:33:51 pm by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:16:29 am »

Nelle, thanks for the heads up on this one. I think I may know why the link you were posting/posted is not working. There is a missing character in it to make it valid. Did you, by any chance, just typed it up or did you do a copy and paste with the link? The latter actually is the easiest way to do when posting links. Just highlight the link on the address bar, click on COPY in the EDIT menu, click anywhere the dialogue box where you're going to post the link and then click on PASTE back in the EDIT menu and that's it.

Here's the corrected link to the voting page:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/InTheSpotlight/vote-best-country-music-song-ever/story?id=8961902

Keep the votes coming!

BHR

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 12:37:11 pm »

Thanks nelle and BHR - voted!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 01:29:22 pm »

BHR  Thank you so much for helping me.   You are right, my link leads to ABC news, yours goes right to the site.  I am so glad I put it back up and asked for help.  I think with story at the end of the link ALAN has a good chance.  The other songs are good, but ALAN's song and story are to me unbeatable.   I hope you are feeling better and again, thanks alot. I'll keep trying but there is so much I don't know and I not good at typing, I am so slow.  Take Care and have a nice weekend.   

Thank you for voting AJTexasFan.   Take Care and have a nice weekend.     nelle 

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 02:04:53 pm »

size=12pt]Thanks to Nelle & BHR for bringing this to our attention. I had heard about this poll but didn't know where to find it.
Can we vote more than once?
[/size]

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 02:06:57 pm »

Boy there was alot of good songs on that list but I did vote for Alan's WWY.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 02:14:38 pm »

Hi Harriet  I think you can only vote once and it ends NOV. 10    Thank you and everyone else who has voted and to those who will.       Take Care and lots of hugs Harriet.   nelle

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 06:07:58 pm »

BHR  Thank you so much for helping me.   You are right, my link leads to ABC news, yours goes right to the site.  I am so glad I put it back up and asked for help.  I think with story at the end of the link ALAN has a good chance.  The other songs are good, but ALAN's song and story are to me unbeatable.   I hope you are feeling better and again, thanks alot. I'll keep trying but there is so much I don't know and I not good at typing, I am so slow.  Take Care and have a nice weekend.   nelle 

You're welcome, Nelle. Glad I can help. Wish we can vote more than once a day. I agree with you about Alan's song and story is unbeatable.

I'm doing okay. It must have been an allergy I had, like Terry said. Still have to watch it, though, as every time I cough it felt like my asthma is going to kick in. Not coughing too much anymore but blowing my nose a lot. Not stopped up, just runny. Thanks for your concerns.

Take care,
BHR

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 08:48:19 am »

Thanks for the link Nelle & BHR.
Voted for WWY.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 02:22:20 pm »

I voted for WWY...

Thanks for the link BHR and Nelle..
BHR good to know you keep getting better everyday...

AJ IS THE BEST
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 01:09:48 pm »

Well folks, we didn't win this one. I do not have the whole list but saw that the 1st 3 are:

1-George Jones- He Stopped Loving Her Today

2- Patsy Cline- Crazy

3-Dolly Parton- I Will Always Love You

These are great songs & I'm sure Alan is happy about his favorite country songf being #1.
If I find the rest of the list I will post it.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 02:59:00 pm »

Harriet  Thank you for the update.  Those are all good songs. We all did a good job voting.  Thanks everyone. It's hard because in a way WWY is in a class by itself, like SISSY'S SONG.   My opinion.   Take Care       nelle

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 07:22:17 pm »

Alan's WWY actually came in 5th on the list of winners so our votes did help some. That is still not too shabby, although we all know that it's the best in this decade. Here's the link to the complete list of winners:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/InTheSpotlight/winner-greatest-country-song-vote/story?id=9054351

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 09:37:08 pm »

Thank you, BHR, for the link. I think WWY did great coming in at #5. Very good placement because all these songs are classics & really great songs.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 09:16:12 pm »

Harriet and BHR   I think you are both right that coming in fifth was good.    Take Care   FEEL WELL    HUGS     nelle

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: