Alan Jackson
May 09, 2024, 06:06:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: confused about preferred seating.....  (Read 3979 times)
rickm

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2012, 04:10:15 pm »

hi, its been a while but in the past ive gotten awsome fan club seats to a few of alans shows. last week i noticed alan was going to be in binghamton n.y. oct. 18 th. its a thursday night and the venue is a 3 hour drive from home. ive driven alot farther then that to see alan, but i had awsome seats. i discussed it with my girlfreind and decided i was going to stay up till 1a.m (eastern time) to try to get 2 good seats to the show. it clearly stated tickets go on sale aug. 24 th. at midnight (central time). earlier that night i wanted to familiarize myself with the pages on the website to purchase preferred seating tickets. the alan jackson store displayed 2 seats for me to purchase in my cart with a sale price and led me to every step of getting tickets and was asking me for my credit card number. this confused the hell out of me. it was nowhere near midnight (central time). i got so disgusted i logged out and canceled my thoughts of getting 2 good seats to the show.  why did that happen? 

havin a "good time" listening to alan in my '65 gto.. fan club member since july 1994.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 04:58:23 pm »

hi, its been a while but in the past ive gotten awsome fan club seats to a few of alans shows. last week i noticed alan was going to be in binghamton n.y. oct. 18 th. its a thursday night and the venue is a 3 hour drive from home. ive driven alot farther then that to see alan, but i had awsome seats. i discussed it with my girlfreind and decided i was going to stay up till 1a.m (eastern time) to try to get 2 good seats to the show. it clearly stated tickets go on sale aug. 24 th. at midnight (central time). earlier that night i wanted to familiarize myself with the pages on the website to purchase preferred seating tickets. the alan jackson store displayed 2 seats for me to purchase in my cart with a sale price and led me to every step of getting tickets and was asking me for my credit card number. this confused the hell out of me. it was nowhere near midnight (central time). i got so disgusted i logged out and canceled my thoughts of getting 2 good seats to the show.  why did that happen? 

Rickm, you should have gone ahead and purchased the tickets. I remember you asking about this too previously and that someone had explained to you how it works. The easiest way to remember this ticket ordering system from the fan club is to always keep in mind that 12AM or midnight is the beginning of a new day, not the end. So, in this case, the pre-sale went on the 24th of this month, this means that you should have stayed up late on the 23rd not the 24th. Follow me so far? Therefore, the tickets you have apparently started ordering, which you seemed to think was too early to be in your cart, actually you started that process hours after the pre-sale went on. You still could have had the chance to have gotten good seats as it was still within the first day the tickets went on sale. Oh, and on your credit card infos and stuff, that is the norm when you're ordering tickets from the fan club and AJFC have secured ticket sales site so it is safe to give them your credit/debit card infos. But you also have an option of paying for your order with personal check. The only difference between the two payment options is that orders paid by credit/debit card gets processed quicker. Hope this helped you understand the ticket ordering at the fan club better now.

BHR

rickm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 05:40:00 pm »

thanks BHR, i understand now how it works. i am disapointed in myself, however i am also disapointed in the confusing way they word when you can purchase tickets. im sure im not the only one who made the same mistake as me. at least next time, i wont forget this mishap. entering my credit card # was not a problem. thanks again. rickm.

havin a "good time" listening to alan in my '65 gto.. fan club member since july 1994.
Allison

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:33:28 am »

Rick I understand your pain, I had the same problem the first year when I joined the fan club it is confussing.  Were you able to get tickets through ticketmaster, are you still going to the concert?

Allison
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: