Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 07:02:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Memorabilia Looking For Good Homes  (Read 10250 times)
LindaLou

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:49:30 pm »

Hi Everyone:  I'm a long time fan and haven't been here for quite sometime.  I'm sorry to say I have to downsize/scarfice some of my Alan collection because of space.  I've enjoyed my collection so much and have kept some favorite things.  Now, I would like to ask you all if you would be interested in some of what I have.  I hope this is ok to do here but I couldn't think of a better place than his fan club members.  I would really love to see them go to a good home.

If anyone is interested in some of the things I have let me know.  I have a lot of Country Weekly magazines with Alan on the cover, clipping, miscellaneous items, photos, some good, some not so good (I've kept some, I bet I had more than Denise has in her album, LOL).  I just can't bear throwing them out.  I'm planning on going through it all and writing down exactly what I have, but if your interested send me a message or post here and I'll come back in a day or two and check and if you're interested then I can give you my email address.

I do have the menu from the Cafe restuarant that he had.  I also have this big, not sure how to describe it, but it use to be in a music store and hang on the wall, it's big, it's not paper or cardboard, but it strudy, I'm not sure what they call the material it's made of; I have Keychains (I've kept my favorite, LOL).

I'm not asking for any money, maybe just to help me with postage or a small donation to Angels House would be great.

Thanks
Linda, aka for ones that do know me Linda6354.

LindaLou
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:23:56 am »

Hello Linda,

I may be interested and would certainly pay the postage and a donation.  Whatever you think is best.  My email is [email protected]

Thanks a bunch!
Gwen
LindaLou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:39:25 am »

Gwen, just sent you an email.

I will be putting everything together over the week and have photos emailed to you by Saturday.  The first responder will have a chance to choose from the collection and my other responders will also have a chance to choose after that.  The remainder of the items will be split up fairly.

I can't wait to get these all mailed out to you for your enjoyment!!  I have enjoyed the items for so long and now it's time for someone else to!

LindaLou
trixielou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 03:21:54 pm »

hi lindalou,

If it isn't to late to get in on the action I would be interested as well!! lol I am new to posting to the site but have loved Alan since 1989!! My email is [email protected].

TrixieLou
LindaLou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 06:23:54 pm »

Thanks for all who responded.  I'm splitting the photos and magazines and scrapbook items up evenly between the five of you.  The other items I will email you with photos. I ask that you each choose something so everyone has a chance to have something.  Now as I said in my private email to you here are the questions to win the big prize.  The person to get all the answers correctly will be the winner.  If you all get them correct I will take the first responder.

What is Alan Jackson's favorite color
What is his favorite childhood memory
What is his favorite song
What three things does Alan like to collect
When Alan was growing up he had a pet what was it and the name
What was the first car he owned and year
What year was he inducted into the Grand Ole Opry Hall of Fame
Alan’s favorite foods
Alan's favorite sport
Alan’s favorite Actor and Actress
Alan's favorite movie and TV show
Alan's first band was called..
Did "Where Where You (When The World Stopped Turning)" win both CMA "Song of the Year" and CMA "Single of the Year" in 2002?
When were Alan and Denise Jackson married

LindaLou
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 07:51:10 pm »

Linda, thanks for the update. Can't wait to hear from you on Saturday. I'll try and take a crack at your trivia questions. Hope I get them all right. Here we go. . . .

Alan's fave color is red.
His fave childhood memory was the Christmas his Daddy built him a cart with motor. When he test ride it the motor broke down and his Daddy fixed it back up for him.
His favorite song is "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones.
Three things that Alan collects are cars, boats and, I believe, guitars.
Alan's pet as a kid was a spider monkey and he named it Peanuts.
The first car he owned is a 1955 Ford Thunderbird Convertible.
He was inducted in 1991 at the Grand Ole Opry Hall of Fame.
Alan's favorite food are Pineapple & Mayonnaise sandwich and his Mama's homemade biscuits & cornbread, his family's holiday meal items tradition that Denise has learned to cook herself.
His favorite sport? Fishing/Football (he and Denise are TN Titans season ticket holders, I believe).
His fave actor and actress are Jack Nicholson and Sandra Bullock.
His fave movie(s) and tv show are The Outlaw Josey Wales", "Gone With The Wind", "On Golden Pond" and "The Andy Griffith Show".
Alan's first band was named The Dixie Steel.
Yes, WWYWTWST won both the Song and Single of the Year at the 2002 CMA. It also received both awards at the ACM that year.
Alan and Denise were married Dec. 15, 1979.

WHEW!!!! LOL!!! I hope I got them all right.

BHR
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:58:36 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 10:33:43 pm »

Hi Linda and Ann,

Oh my goodness I thought I knew Alan well....but someone knows him better lol......Great job BHR..............I had most right but certainly not as many as you.  Way to go.

Thanks again Linda.......especially now that you are making it fun.............YEE HAW

Gwen
LindaLou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 03:09:24 pm »

Congratulations to Piper for getting the special prize.  Once I have everyone's address I'll get things together and packaged and by the end of the month I'll be able to send them out.

TrixieLou, I haven't heard from you since the first email.  I don't want to leave you out but if you're still interested let me know. 

You have all been wonderful and thankful, and I got my reward Alan is coming to my area in October and just 10 minutes from where I live I can not wait!!

LindaLou
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 11:38:47 pm »

so happy you have Alan coming there, Linda!!!
Nice also to see the items going to  AJ lovin' fans' homes..
jimmyhoppa2000

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 04:05:35 am »

linda im interested in the big thing that you said was from music store?
is it like a big wall decoration or stand up of alan?   is it promoting one of his albums?
if so would love to have it
LindaLou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 11:22:09 am »

Thanks mar4aej!!!  I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Jimmyhoppa2000 I'm sorry but everything is spoken for.  If anything changes, of course I'll let you know.

TrixieLou, haven't heard from you, if you're not interest right now let me know so I may share it with others.

LindaLou
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 09:42:31 am »

Well darned it. I just now saw this and missed out on it all. Boo Hoo. Wish I would have seen it sooner. I too have been loving Alan since 1989.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 03:05:24 pm »

LindaLou this is soooo nice of you.....I missed this opportunity but I know our lucky AJ fans are enjoying their AJ items. Congratulations too all the winners!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: