Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 05:16:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calif show cancelled, rescheduled for Weds.  (Read 10053 times)
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:23:26 pm »

Tonight's concert in LA was cancelled at about 5:45 pm, rescheduled for next Weds.  Alan was sick with laryngitis.  I hope he is feeling better soon.  I know he wouldn't have cancelled unless it was really bad.  So here we are in Hollywood at a motel ( way too expensive for a travel lodge ).  Planned on going to tomorrow night's concert too, but will wait to see what info might be available in the morning before driving 5 hours.

Livin' On Love in California
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:33:54 pm »

Terry, Sorry to hear the concert was cancelled.Hope he is feeling better soon.
pwinla

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:08:09 am »

I would like to wish AJ a speedy recovery as well.  It's got to be ahuge headache to deal with a situation like this. And then there are the thousands of people who are inconvenienced.  But things like this happen and you have to roll with it.

We were gridlocked in Hollywood traffic when we heard the news and turned around and went home.  While I feel bad for AJ and his crew, I'm disappointed because we will not be able to make it to the show Wednesday.  I sure hope they give refunds for those of us who can't make it.  I'll be really disappointed if I have to eat $400 in tickets!
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 12:33:22 am »

They are refunding the tickets, or will honor them on Wednesday, it's up to each person who bought tickets.  We are going to return if at all possible.  I just hope Alan feels better soon.  I know he waited as long as possible hoping he could perform before cancelling. 

DonnaJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 12:55:18 pm »

So sorry to hear Alan is not feeling well sending prayers Alan's way. Sad

DonnaJ
ygallagher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 01:31:13 am »

Dear Fans ,I thought they were pulling my leg that the show was cancelled.I read more about A.J. and iknow it must have been serious ! I hope he isn't staining his vocal cords and will be O.K. I Love his music and will be at the show on Wed . Then am going to the show in Santa Barbara . I won the front row tickets there and am looking forward to it !! Heehaa !!!Yvonne Gallagher
lheron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 11:12:16 am »

Count your blessings that the show was cancelled - My best friend & I attended the Salinas show on Sat July 21st and left in the middle of Alan's 3rd song - We had waited almost 2 hours for him to come out on stage, everyone was freezing in the outdoor area, then he appeared - I love Alan Jackson and was very happy the concert day had finally arrived. I'm sorry that he was sick but his voice was in such bad shape it hurt my throat to listen to him. Everyone was standing watching his performance, my friend & I were too short to see him, the screens were set so low (close to the ground) that people standing were blocking that view - Results: No way to see Alan and all we could hear was a voice in very bad shape - It did not make sense to stay any longer - I purchased two VIP seats - A sad waste of time and money. For Alan's sake he should not be using his voice to speak or sing with laryngitis.

Alan's warm-up act: Unprofessional attitude - She commented to the audience that people don't attend concerts to talk but to listen to the performer and that she wanted to thank those that were listening to her - She is a singer, not an entertainer - I'm sorry to say her part of the show was boring and long - I have attended many amazing concerts in the past (Garth Brooks, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, etc.) and I have never been disappointed in one.

Alan stated he felt good, that his voice was not up to par but he was encouraged to go out and perform - I admire the effort but am stuck having paid $170 for a sad concert that I walked out on.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 06:14:38 pm »

Very Unsual for Alan to cancel a show.. He had to have a good reason. So sorry you guys missed the great voice  but recently I had tickets to see Alan in Melbourne, FL and paid several hundred dollars and I had to cancel because I was ill.
I understand why he was not in his usual Great voice.we lost the money, but I hope to see Alan again someday.

I also read Alan had "A bacterial sinus, respiratory and bronchial infection," and had to cancel a show. This is exactly what I had & it started with my not being able to talk.I also am asthmatic, so this was more serious.
Unfortunately they gave me an antibiotic that I had a severe Allergic reaction to and I have had to deal with that which is worse. It can't be reversed, my symptons and has changed my life forever. I hope & pray Alan wont be allergic to an Antibiotic I was given..It is very serious and was dangerous as I could hardly breathe & went to emergency.
Terry & all of you who were there I know you are disappointed but  I just hope Alan will be ok. I'm sure Terry , you feel the same way.So nice to see you posting, I had missed you recently, my being ill.
Take care to all and so sorry the show was cancelled. this is very unusual for Alan.
God Bless Alan and You Fans,  Jerrie
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:17:10 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 07:26:10 pm »

Last night's show in Salinas turned out to be a very good concert under the circumstances.  The first time Alan talked he explained how he had been sick and his voice was certainly not up to par and if anyone was disappointed with his performance they could certainly ask for a refund.  He tried his hardest to perform, and did a very good job when it was clear he was not happy with his own voice.  He laughed and joked around when he missed a key, and thanked everyone for understanding.  Amanda and I were right at stage the whole time.  They had about 50 ft in front of the stage, before chairs started for standing room only (which is the venue's arrangement, not Alan's )  It was at the ball field (looked like a little league field ) of the area's rodeo.  It was very cold, especially for us, since we are used to 100 + weather.  It was 60 at show time, with a breeze.  Amanda had a great time, and that's all that matters to me.  God Bless Alan for going on when he probably should have saved his voice.  I hope doing last night's show didn't put his recovery back too much.  I admire him that he didn't want to disappoint his fans and certainly understand if he would have had to cancel again.  I just pray he gets better soon.

BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 10:23:43 pm »

I hope and pray he gets better to. Got tickets for Mich and  MS. can't wait.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 11:23:24 am »

I'm sadden to hear of the cancellation of Alan's concert at the Jukebox Music Festival in Anderson, CA last Sunday by the promoter for apparently no clear, or at least sensible, reason, even stopping the performance of one of the earlier performers right in the middle of his/her show. What is that promoter thinking? Here's an UPDATE article about this abrupt cancellation (someone commented about talking to a lawyer):

http://www.redding.com/news/2012/jul/22/concert-headliner-alan-jackson-cancels-anderson-sh/

Terry, thank you for all of our posts on Alan's California concerts. I admire him also for doing the Salinas show too and really proud of him for trying and to not disappoint his fans, though some may have been. I found this review of that concert online that made me stop and realize why I had stayed a fan of Alan's for years:

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/19082370/allen-jackson-concert-comes-to-salinas

lheron, I just want to make three of comments on your post. First is that it sometimes is wise to check the seating chart at the venue's website and other info on Alan's concert before you make your ticket purchase so you won't have any regrets later. Alan is doing a concert not too far from where I live at. . .and where I had seen him perform at before. . .in October. I decided not to purchase tickets for that show after I found out, along with the cost being a little too pricey for me, that the very section we sat at before, which is the closest to the stage, has been turned into a General Admission section, no chairs, where everyone will be standing up the whole show. Just like you, I'm also a short person and exactly what you had experience is what I'm afraid would happen to me then too. Please read Terry's post above with regards to your being able to get a refund of your tickets. Secondly, you mentioned about the viewing screens being too low to the ground so you can't watch Alan from there too. I think the reason for that is they're avoiding another stage collapse disaster, similar to what happened to Sugarland in Indiana last year, being it's outdoors with no covers and was breezy. So, it was for everyone's safety. . .something that Sugarland should have taken into consideration too. Third, you spoke of the opening act as having unprofessional attitude. I have attended several concerts, both country music and others, and from my experiences I think she made a valid point. She's a new country music artist and at the early stage of her career, and, basing on your comment, she appears to me to be also very eager for her performance of her music to be heard by her audience, it doesn't matter if you find it boring or not, and people loudly talking. . .to be heard by people they're talking to. . .can be extremely unnerving for both the music performers and members of their audience who really came to their show to listen to, and not just watch, them perform. Experience is what gives these new artists the ability to improve and become one of the best singers out there. Maybe you should try a give her a little break. And, by the way, a singer is also an entertainer, as far as I know. And, lastly, as far as the length of her performance, she did not decide that one, unfortunately. She was just probably doing her show at the alloted length time she was given to do it. Sometimes when the show gets boring it makes it feel like it's taking forever to end. Here's what I found out about her (Ashley Monroe):

http://hobnobmonterey.com/entertainment/music/item/643-the-california-rodeo-salinas-is-excited-to-announce-opening-act-ashley-monroe-tickets-for-alan-jackson-concert-july-21st-are-going-fast

Take care all.

BHR
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:31:46 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 10:06:23 pm »

Terry, glad you got to see A. J. after all, but sorry he still isn't feeling good. So nice of him to offer people's money back, shows what a wonderful person he is.

I drove all the way to Cincinnati, in Nov 2010 and he had to cancel that night too. But he is like the rest of us he can't help if he gets sick.  I remember Betty went to this one too.

Terry, I wish we had some of that 60 degree weather in KY. It has been around 100 degrees here today.
Remember when you Sharon H. and I went to Marysville, TN and almost froze?? But it's always worth whatever we have to do to see A. J. in concert.

"Gone Country"  From KY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: