Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:23:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: import clothing ( alan jackson store)...  (Read 8625 times)
rickm

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2012, 06:22:53 am »

hi, ive got quite a collection of alan tee shirts and caps through the years. im kinda disapointed that im finding the current tee shirts and hats have origin tags on them from china, cambodia, and even vietnam. my older clothing all have familiar american names like "hanes beefy tees" and "fruit of the loom". i understand that cost is a big factor nowdays, but the quality in american products is better. i would gladly pay more for an american made alan tee. i think alan would agree. rickm....

havin a "good time" listening to alan in my '65 gto.. fan club member since july 1994.
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 12:04:52 am »

Sad to say, but it almost impossible to find clothing and related items manufactured in the U.S. today.  I worked for one of the iconic names in clothing for many years and the family who controlled this company held out for many years against moving manufacturing out of the U. S.  It once owned nearly 30 plants in the U.S. located primarily in smaller cities where it was the major employer.  The owners of this company treated its employees like family members and the wages/benefits were substantially above the average.  

But to be brutally honest, the majority of customers in the U.S. want the lowest prices on clothing products.  As a result, this iconic company was eventually forced to close all of its U.S. facilities and move manufacturing outside of the U.S.to remain competitive.  Although this was a privately-held company, it still needed to turn a profit to stay in business.  

To too many people today, profit is a dirty word.  You have probably heard the outcry by politicians who seemed stunned that the clothing for the U.S. Olympic Team has been manufactured outside the U.S.  When was the last time that they went into a store to buy clothing and found that it was "Made in the U.S.A."?  Now, who's out of touch?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:02:18 pm by IndianaNative » Logged
January

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 04:59:18 pm »

Toby Keith and Trace Adkins went to American made last year and the prices are not much different than they were.  They make a freakin' fortune off this stuff and could take a little less profit.  I am all for All American! I would pay the difference.

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 10:48:26 am »

I Vote for American made goods... all the time!!

Especially Nowadays... We should sacrifice where we can

and

these after all Are Luxury Items.
LindaLou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 07:02:38 pm »

I can't remember where I read, but this made me angry when I heard that an American Flag was made in China.  I try to buy American where I can and a lot of time I will put things back if they're made in China.  We need to bring manufacturing back to the US and start taking care of our own.

LindaLou
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »

I have heard that the flags came from China also...that is so depressing with all the thing
 we have here it a shame we have to go to China to get our on American Flag.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
1PAAJFAN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 09:15:25 am »

I too like things made in the USA but I don't like buying my size clothing only to find it doesn't fit.  At least if it is Fruit of the Loom, Beefy Tees, etc.  I know they will fit but foreign made clothing is just not the same and I am self conscious since I don't look good in tight clothing.
LindaLou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 11:12:42 am »

Here's a company for you:

http://www.allamericanclothing.com/

If you search the internet, "made in the usa" it comes up with a lot of companies.

LindaLou
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 11:52:33 pm »

Love this...will look around there!   http://www.allamericanclothing.com/
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 08:14:26 pm »

I agree about US made merchandise. It's made better for one thing and better Quality. I'm sure the people that do the ordering for Alan's products are not always aware where they are made. At least Alan may not be aware. Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 09:38:02 am »

Wow...the American flag. Now that's not right.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: