Alan Jackson
September 29, 2024, 12:41:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Country Music Hall of Fame? Who's Next?  (Read 5262 times)
katluvsaj

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:13:08 am »

As we all know it should be Alan this year!!

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1689412/country-music-hall-of-fame-whos-next.jhtml

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 11:38:56 am »

Kathy, thanks for posting this. You're right, we all know who should have been inducted at the CMHOF this year and who should be next year. ALAN, of course!!!!! I don't know if I should be surprised, but, reading the comments that followed the article, no one there suggested Alan? WOW! I might start a protest if Alan still doesn't get in next year. He is so well deserving of this honor long before Garth Brooks was. But he also have a tough competition in Brooks & Dunn, unless they now no longer qualify for it being they re-started their music careers as solo artists. I'm saying it will be a tough competition, if they still qualify, that's because of Kix Brooks's affiliation with both the ACM and CMA. . .he's a member of the ACM's Board of Directors and is a member, I believe, of the CMA's voting committee. This is the same reason that a lot of country music people, fans and critics (professional) alike always have thought for years that B&D made a record number of wins in the (Best) Duo of the Year category in both awards. Kix and Ronnie can deny it all they want, but they can't dismiss the fact of their winning it year after year after year after year as somewhat out of the norm in any awards. It's also a well known fact that one of the enticement at least ACM uses to get new artists to become members of their board of directors and or their committee is a promise of guaranteed win at the ACM Awards. Who wouldn't want that? Looking at the list now of their BOD and committe members, there are quite a few new artists' name listed on there. Same thing with CMA. So, and as not to get way too far from the CMHOF future inductees topic. . .and not trying to jinx Alan, it will not be surprising for me if they lean towards picking B&D over Alan for next year's induction.

Thanks, again, for sharing this, Kathy, and sorry for going on and on here. I'm just really still being upset with Alan getting passed on at this year's CMHOF inductions.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 12:18:01 pm »

BHR and all who think like me.
I know that it's a great time for Alan to be in the HOF this year. He has helped the careers of many new Artists  and introduced so many. He has gotten writing awards and many others. as far as Qualifying, Alan Jackson certainly meets the requirements. I am praying Alan gets his this year! Also he is a worldwide hit now!
Alan Performs at the Ryman & GOO more now and  he is a big draw for vistors to Nashville. Sings GREAT! what more can I say! Oh Yes! he performed at the Bridgestone, for the Historic Flood. That was a great show, with Vince Gill, Dolly Pardon, Keith Urban & many other Greats! I shall never see that many Singers in one show again perhaps. It was GREAT!
Jerrie

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:25:55 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 04:02:09 pm »

Sure hope Alan gets in this year.

suem

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 09:07:04 pm »

Alan will make it into the hall someday......he'll make it in before B & D unless they get in under a different category
They were deserving of their awards.  Of course, I think Alan should win every award and get every honor.
Congrats to Alan.  His writing and his singing will get him there soon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: