Alan Jackson
May 10, 2024, 02:09:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alert: Computer Malware Virus Attack  (Read 2222 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2012, 07:08:44 pm »

DISCLAIMER: This is not meant to cause any unnecessary alarm or fear. I'm just trying to keep you all informed and be aware of the DNSChanger malware virus that may be lurking in your computers programmed to shutdown your access to the internet SUPPOSEDLY tomorrow.

I'm sure most, if not all, of you have already heard of or read about the SUPPOSEDLY malware virus, DNAChanger, attack on computers to take place tomorrow, Monday, the 9th of July, that will shutdown the infected computer's user's access to the internet. This malware virus was spread to computers via the internet last year and those responsible were caught by the FBI and their overseas partners last fall. However, there's a big concern that there might still be hundreds and thousands of computers, including your own, that are maybe infected still out there. Read the story here:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/06/technology/dnschanger/

Here's the link to the step by step plan the FBI had put out to check if your computer is infected b this malware virus and how to fix it if it is. If this is too complicated for you to do on your own and, especially, if you lose your access to the internet tomorrow, call your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to assist you. . .or someone you know that may be able to help you with this.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/malware_110911/DNS-changer-malware.pdf

NOTE: It is the more important that you check your computer if it is infected if you have home networking system. . .meaning, you have more than one computer at home and all are hooked up to one main router. If your computer is infected, it's likely that the other computers you have at home is/are too and this could make it for a little bit more complicated to fix.

I know that I should have posted this earlier, but, I was waiting to see if anyone else would do it. Although there's been talks in the media about this maybe being just a hype, I think it's still better to play it safe, be aware and keep your computers safe (my opinion only).

BHR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: