Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 11:03:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Birthday America - July  (Read 12725 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2012, 09:48:24 am »

Well, no one has started the July thread, or at least I didn't see one......

Wishing all of you in Canada Happy Canada Day and Happy Birthday America for the USA!  Those of you in other countries you can join us.....

It's cooled off some here in SC, but still hot, but at least not triple digits.

Y'all have a good day

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:04:45 pm »

Hope all the A.J. fans south of the boarder have a wonderful
fourth of July
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 02:38:04 pm »

Happy Canada Day to all the Canadian fans!  Happy 4th to the USA!  Unfortunately, a lot of areas have canceled their fireworks because of the weather. 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
susi67

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »

I wish all AJ Fans in the USA a great Independence Day !
God bless America and all of you !

Elaine, I hope you had a wonderful Canada Day.

Greetings from Switzerland
Susanne

.....Swissgirl loves Alan.....
Alan, your voice and your songs bring the sun into my heart and a smile on my face !
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 03:21:19 pm »

Sharon, thanks for starting the thread. Happy Birthday to Canada and USA! July is the independence month of Belgium (07/21) and France (07/14) aswell.
We have nice summer weather, 70°f/20°c but for the end of the week they announce havy thunderstorms.

Last thursday we went to see Alison Krauss & Union Station in Antwerp. Whow ... what a performance !!! The accoustic in the concert house (2,000 seats) was very excellent. They played almost al the songs  of the album "Lonely Runs. Both Ways". One of her better albums in my opinion. Alison was great in "Gravity", "Restless", "Goodbye Is All We Have", "W'ould Be So Bad", "Crazy As Me", "Borderline", "Poor Old Heart", "Doesn't Have To Be This Way", "If I Didn't Know Any Better" and "A Living Prayer" of course!
Jerry Douglas played some tracks of fis new album on the Dobro and Dan Tyminsky, Barry Bales and Ron Block showed which excellent musicians and singers, they are, in "I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow" and many other songs. For "encore" Alison and Union Station played "Whiskey Lullaby" and four other songs unplugged. The show was during about two hours but i couldn't get enough of it ! Almost as good as a Alan Jackson show !lol.

Enjoy Canada and Independence Day and i hope you are safe from the thunderstorms.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 05:42:09 pm »

Happy 4th to everyone.     The weather is hot and dry here  and they have cancelled  alot of fireworks displays  in the area.        Happy Birthday  America.            We have been having the hot high heat indexs  the 100,  105.  all are fine staying indoors  as much as we can.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 01:08:51 pm »

Happy 4th Of July!

I have missed posting but I still have a while to go on my recovery.I had a severe allergic reation to an antibiotic. My Life seemed to change all in a few days and it's still lingering. Thanks for all your concerns and posts about my getting better, I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Nelle your post was so dear. They all were. Thanks so much for caring.

Dizzy, I hope you & your Sis were ok during the rain , we had plenty, but it hasn't flooded here.
So many in CO and other States, I feel so bad for. My nephew that was in Afghanastan(sp?) had to help fight fires one day, he is back in CO. now for a while.no danger where he is now.

Jean/B , so glad you got to see the Great Alison Krauss. she was a child prodigy. remember she did  work on Alan's Album and has done songs with him.I like Jerry Douglas, Dan Tyminsky and several you mentioned. Alison has the voice of an Angel, so soft and the harmony is great. I have seen her many times. You had to enjoy Two Hours! So happy for you!

All of you take care and I will post from time to time, I haven't forgotten you all, for a moment.Hugs, Jerrie
Happy 4th Of July to All.

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 10:00:09 pm »

Jerry sorry about you allergic reaction to the antibotic..
I missed all the rain  I was in Nashville Saw Alan at the fan fair
show as you know he was really good....I also saw him at the
listening party ...i had front row seats thanks to Gayle..
Hope you are feeling better...dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 03:19:24 pm »

We have finally gotten some much needed relief from the heat.  It was wonderful last night when the cool front came through!  Turned off the AC and enjoyed the cooling breeze.  It's in the 80's today, but still feels better than those 100's.  Now all we need is some rain.

Jeri - sorry to hear about your medical troubles.  Thinking about you!
JeanB - nice to hear you enjoyed Allison.  I've never seen her in person, but love her music.
Dizzy - so glad you got to see Alan in Nashville - what a treat!

Hope everyone is staying cool wherever you are!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 06:04:31 pm »

Thanks, Sharon, for starting the July thread. It's been a bit quiet here.

Belated Happy 4th of July and Canada Day to all of you, AJ fans!

Kathy, we're cooling a bit now here too in the Metro Atlanta but still getting temps in the low 90s. We have had showers and thunderstorms but all did is worsen the heat with added too much humidity. I have had couple of mild asthma attacks from it (running important errands). Yes, our AC is still going.

Jeri, good to see your posting again. Sorry to hear about your health problems. Been thinking about you. Continued prayers for your recovery. Take care of yourself.

Harriet, thinking and praying for your recovery also. Missing your posts here. Thanks for answering my email. Been busy myself with medical appointments, etc.

Dizzy, I enjoyed it very much watching you and Mazie interviewed in the video from the Listening Party that was posted at the homepage. Glad you had a wonderful time in Nashville and seeing Alan there.

JeanB, I can listen to Allison's music all day. You're right, she have such a beautiful, Angelic voice.

Hello, Elaine, Anita, Susanne and everyone else.

Take care all. . . .

BHR

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 09:14:06 am »

We are a quiet bunch!  Did I miss something about Harriet?  Are you having more problems?  Sorry to hear that.

We went on a little trip over to GA Lake Country for the 4th.  We were on hwy 278 and passed a really nice house and there was a bus there that looked like a band or entertainer bus.  I know several singers live in GA, this was between McCormick, SC and Greensboro, GA.  Anyone know where Zac Brown, John Michael Carroll or even Alainea   (American Idol singer) are from.  Seems like CW had an article about the GA singers and I haven't been able to find it. 

Just wanted to say hi to y'all!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

suem

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 09:36:57 pm »

Hi Alan Fans,
Oh, it's been quite a while since I posted on this site.   Life gets away from me.  Never enough hours in a day to do all the things I want to do.  Summer has been just as hectic.
Harriet, get well. prayers on a quicker recovery.
Jeri, take care...asthma in severe heat is serious.
It's six weeks away from my date with Alan and of  course a few friends have to tag along.  Ha!
My daughter was home for less than 24 hours.  Crazy, crazy weekend.  Her flight was cancelled Friday and kept getting delayed Saturday.  She walked into her cousins wedding right as the bride is getting ready to walk down the aisle.  Everyone was so glad to see her.  and especially Mom.  So tired this week with all the time spent with family.  Family is always fun but they can also be very stressful.  The day of the wedding was my parents' 60th wedding anniversary.  Lots of family in town and activities.
Take care all.
Sue

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 12:04:46 pm »

His Fans!
Sue you don't know how good it is to know you are ok. I haven't been posting much lately, due to being ill myself.. So
glad to know you are not ill. I know this has to be avery stressful time for you with so much family things going on so close together plus your daily stresses.
I remember after my daughters wedding & other things , my back went out for the first time ha! It can Indeed not be good for your health, so take care  of yourself & hugs

All you other Fans take care also. Just remebered, has anyone heard from Jean /AZ and Terry since all the fires etc..I have missed it maybe , not posting as much but I hope they are well. Nelle hello to You and Elaine! well all of the Fans
who have posted for years & newbies too!  All of you stay well and I hope our weather changes soon for everyone. It was been a weird year and now the election is so much not like it used to be. It makes me want to say" Grow up and act like
civilized adults ha! Still praying for our Troops and their families. we just had a lot returned here. happy days a while.
Take care to all you Fans, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 01:56:21 pm »

Haven't been here for awhile. Jeri I sure
hope your feeling bettr now.
My son has been going through so much
and am worried about him. First he finds out
he has cancer then he get a kidney stone which
he ended in the hopistal with now he has found out
he's dieabtic. They think it could be cause from the
radiation so praying that is right as he is on insulin
right now.The also said stress can raise the blood sugar.
Now it a waiting game to see how it will go.He sees the
surgeon tomorrow am praying he has the surgery soon.
On top of everything they are moving into their new house
this week.
Elaine

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 11:41:38 am »

WE  had some rain that was needed but now back into the hot days  90 with heat index in the 100s.         Been a long hot summer here  and still august and sept to go.  Everyone take care.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: