Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 07:31:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: George Jones in Hopspital Again  (Read 7034 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2012, 06:23:05 pm »

From Taste of Country:

George Jones Hospitalized Again

By: Megan Pacella  |  8 hours ago

Rick Diamond, Getty Images

According to a statement from George Jones‘ publicist, the legendary country singer was admitted to a hospital in Nashville Monday afternoon (May 21). It hasn’t been a banner year for Jones, who has battled several upper respiratory issues this spring.

Jones, 80, will undergo several tests to determine why this lingering respiratory infection is giving him so much trouble. So far this year, the ‘He Stopped Loving Her Today’ legend has had to cancel several tour dates in April and May.

Jones was first hospitalized for respiratory issues on March 29. What he thought would be a short visit to the hospital turned into six-day stay. On doctor’s orders, Jones canceled his concert tour dates through May 20.

“I never want to cancel a show, but I have to do what the doctors tell me,” he said in a statement. “I thank all the fans from the bottom of my heart for their prayers and I look forward to seeing them on the road soon.”

Once he started feeling better, the iconic singer was happy to announce that he would be returning to the stage at the Loretta Lynn Ranch over Memorial Day weekend. But unfortunately, Jones’ turn for the worse put his gig at Loretta’s Ranch in jeopardy.

There aren’t many other details available at this time, but the country legend’s publicist had noted that all of the singer’s concerts scheduled through June will be rescheduled where possible. We wish Jones a speedy recovery!

b]

IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:06:22 am »

Certainly hope that George is OK and has a speedy recovery, but it is usually not a good omen when a medical condition lingers on for a period time and doesn't seem to improve.    Sad
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:41:50 am »

It sure doesn't sound good, does it?  The "Possum" is in my prayers. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 03:47:30 pm »

Yes, this is a bit worrisome, especially at his age. Prayers goes up for George Jones for a speedy and full recovery.

Thanks for posting this, Harriet.

BHR

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 04:04:13 pm »

Thanks for letting us know about George.  I will put him at the top of my prayer list and hope that God will see him live longer before he takes him to his reward.  George we just don't want to let you go.  Your fans understand when you are sick and must cancel a concert or so.

Take care of you first and us later.  We understand.
Love you George.  Alan will help you.  He's your best friend.

Alanfan
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 08:05:02 pm »

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Country music star George Jones has been released from the hospital.

In a news release from Jones' publicist on Saturday, Jones says he is improving, and "I look forward to seeing everyone soon."

Jones, regarded as the greatest voice in country music history, was hospitalized for the second time this year on Monday in Nashville, Tenn., with an upper respiratory infection. The 80-year-old spent a week in the hospital in March as well.

The "White Lightning" singer has canceled his live performances through the month of June and will reschedule shows where possible.

Jones says in the news release he's got a new team of doctors treating him, "and it seems to be working."
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 11:45:35 pm »

I saw a report where George's wife issued a statement after a doctor's visit on June 21 that George was given the OK to resume his tour.   Great news!!!
countrygirl24

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 08:47:06 pm »

We hope George Jones has a Speedy Recovery!
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 11:51:10 am »

So sorry to read about George Jones being ill again. He shall be in our Prayers.God Bless him and restore his health.

It seems to be a bad year for this type illiness  with all the hot , hot weather for Everyone.

George and Family, so glad to read here you are Improving. God Bless You. I love your Music and have enjoyed it
recently especially.

A George Jones Fan for years, Jerrie -MS & FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 11:35:56 pm »

He has been practicing for shows and is ready to go Nancy says...

my tix will still be good in Nov. when he comes nearby here...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: