Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 05:43:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet & Greet for Roanoke VA  (Read 9881 times)
blackwll

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2012, 07:34:35 am »

Anyone been lucky enough to get a meet and greet for Roanoke concert?
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:24:56 am »

I am going to this show. But so far I haven't received an email for a M&G. Praying for one!!!!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:45:34 am »

Hope you get one Kimberleigh!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

KimboAJ2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 04:04:14 pm »

Smiley  I GOT ONE  Smiley  I'm so happy ...i'm in total shock right now!!

Can't Wait!!! 

I just wish i could take something back there for him to sign but they don't alow it Sad

But still I get to meet him Smiley
ajfan4sure

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 04:33:41 pm »

Congrats on the M&G..I have never got one, you are lucky,
yes, just to meet him would be wonderful!!
SANDY57

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 08:06:10 pm »

:)all I can say is you are 1 lucky gal. I have been a fan club member since 1993 and have never got to meet him so just tell him sandy57 said hello!!!!! Congratulations!
SANDY57

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 08:09:21 pm »

I am also going to this concert. Haven't got to see him in 8yrs. or more!
MBH4AJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 01:15:58 pm »

Hi! I was at the Roanoke Concert last night.  Does anyone know why the first three rows were allowed to stand up at the stage but no one else was allowed to get near it? Previously at Alan concerts during the last couple of songs the ushers move out of the way and let anyone that wants to go up do so.  Just wondering.  This is about my 20th time seeing AJ.  I also had M&G about 10 years ago and it was so awesome.
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 11:55:54 pm »

Congratulations on the M&G,  that had to be a great experience. I too was at the Roanoke concert with my cousin Deb and our friend Angie. We were on row 4, great seats. We were also wondering about the first 3 rows?Huh? The Security there were very RUDE. I approached one guy and told him I was in the fan club and ask if I could go up front during autographs. He said NO. Then he said your in the fan club you got a M&G, I told him No I didn't they are a random drawing. He also said it was up to the singer as to what level of security needed. I told him I knew that AJ wants his fans to have fun, get up and dance or whatever. AJ even announced that at the start of the show. As I was sitting there (I never sit at an AJ concert) Alan was singing his BLUES MAN I approached to the center of the floor to take a picture as so many had been the whole night. I took 2 pictures quickly and someone was finger punching my shoulder, I turned around and it was one of the security men. He told me I could only take 1 picture, he pissed me off and I turned around and took another. I have never seen such treatment at any of AJ's concerts. The front was off limits unless you had those tickets or you were a young teen. Through out the whole show they were letting extra young things in too the stage. Now about the show.......Awesome as always. And yes we 3 did dance and move to the music. Some around us just sat but I can't do that.  Alan didn't wear his holey jeans and he even had the scruffy look. He sounded great but as the show went on I could tell he was getting tired. He said "It's Hotter Than A Hoochie, Coochie Up Here" Everyone laughed. He sang his new song SYDHTLMAM.....I love that song!!! He also sang Dixie Highway....I just feel this song will go number one. He threw out rolled up T-shirts I'm assuming....I guess you can tell I didn't get one, LOL  The show was great and I will be going to Mineral tomorrow night. Hope Security is reasonable
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 09:51:55 pm »

We were at the show last night to.  Asked security about was every one allowled  up during the last two songs and was told no.   After the concert was over asked one security guy why they didnt allow people up there during the last  the response was his staff said they didnt want alot of people up there just the ones that had the front area,, we said that has never  been like that, has always been last 2 songs people can go up.     The concert was great  Alan was in a good mood talked alot.   Had the new blue jeans on  and black shirt.   The band was great  and during As She walking away  Monty had on his  knit  hat.    Alot of pics were thrown out.       Yes some people stood up during the concert  and sat down awhile.   Was a great concert  for the long travel,  just had the 4th row  and not able to get up front.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
SANDY57

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 01:57:00 am »

Smiley Well  I went to the concert in Roanoke, Va. Luckily I was on row 3. I didn't know they ever done that before either. But I sure wasn't going to complain. The security guard told us that the 3rows could come up and stand at the stage!! I got treated like the other girl the last time he was in Noke, the guard said if I didn't get in my seat that he was going to throw me out, Alan came over that way about the time, and motioned for us to come up, so I think that guard got trampled!! Hah Hah. I had my camera up there and thought I was recording him and didn't take many pictures but as my luck goes, I didn't have the shutter pushed down, so I had no videos at all. I did catch a pick and got my license plate signed. I was thrilled and I think he put on the best show that I have ever seen him do. I know how you feel about not getting to come up there but I don't have no idea why they done it like that!! He wasn't the only one up there hotter than a hoochie-coochie because I was sweating like you know what, my hair even got wet. You couln't even move!! It was a lot of young boys up there hollering stupid stuff. Those are the ones that the guards should have sent out. I am no young thing, just 55 but I have been through a very rough time of losing my mother and taking care of her for the last 4 yrs. So I think maybe that was Gods way of cheering me up!! Alan likes to be fair to his fans, He has the best personality and boy can he sing!!! So sorry for you!! Maybe next time.
MBH4AJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 06:41:34 am »

Thanks for all the responses to my question.  I failed to mention that yes it was a great show as usual and I had 7th row seats.  I can't complain about the seats.  They were excellent!  I had seat 13 and 14 which were at the end of the row so I could have made a bee line for the stage if it had been permitted!!! Sad   Anyway I did have a great time! My hubby says I will just have to ban AJ Concerts since I couldn't get up front....and my response to him was...yeah you wish...ha ha  I will be there no matter what!!!!
KimboAJ2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 11:00:44 am »

I was at the concert, I got the meet and greet pass and got to meet Alan for the first time.   I can't believe that I cried!!  Thats awful, but I'm glad I got to hug him and talk to him for a short while!  He told me he loved my hat Smiley

I had great seats, never had seats that was that close before!  ROW 2 OMG.  Just like everyone else the first 3 rows got to go to the stage..  I was even in more shock!  He didn't have to tell me twice I was gone.  It was amazing, I was right in front of him the entire night.  He is such an amazing performer and person.  Alan smiled more than I've ever seen him smile.  I got some great photos.  I got a few video shots.  Loved every song he sang, and just as everyone else said.  It was one of the best concerts yet that I've seen of his.  Being up front helped!  I got a pick and he signed my cowboy hat Smiley)  WOW what a night!!

Hope that he comes back soon, or somewhere where I can drive out again.
Loved the show

Hope to post pictures as soon as I figure out how to. 

A True Small Town Southern Man Smiley 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: