Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 09:05:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Military Salute to Alan Jackson  (Read 9429 times)
army2012

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2012, 04:50:32 pm »

I dont really know where to post this, but these thoughts have been on my mind. I just joined the fan club this evening.

Say thanks the Alan.

Alan Jackson was there with me in the dark nights during my military deployment in 2009 - 2010. I remember thinking on those long lonley cold nights how hearing his music "got me thru" that deployment. His music keep me sane and feed my soul. Here we are in 2012, more time spent away from home and family. Since 2010 I have spent about 6 months with my family, Alans music has gone with me as I have moved around. When I need Mr. Jackson he is there via Itunes on my laptop. In closing thank you Alan you  music has touched and healed my soul, when I remember Afghanistan and those long nights I remember you were there to comfort me and allow me to remember my roots. I am a Soldier, Father and Husband Mr. Jackson thank you for what you do.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:45:18 pm »

Thank You, Army 2012, for sharing your inspiring story with us. Welcome to the Fan Club. You certainly belong here if anyone does. And you posted in the right place- it is just fine.

LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:43:46 am »

Army 2012 - thank you for giving up your family time to help protect our freedom.  God Bless our Troops.

Welcome to the board - come back when you can.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:34:26 am »

Army2012, thanks too for sharing your story. My husband is a military retiree and although he never was deployed at a war zone as you have, I can understand how Alan's music helps you when you're deployed. After hearing Alan's music and becoming a fan of his, listening to the song he wrote for his daughters (Job Description) and another one that he recorded (Thank God For The Radio) made me think back how it was early on to my husband career in the Navy when he went on deployments and to the time our kids were born and growing up. What Alan is singing in those two songs related so much to what we were going through being a military family and I'm sure to all military families of today and the future.  Alan's music affects everyone who has heard of and listens to them in various positive ways. Thanks again for sharing your story wth us here on the board and I hope that Cindy (AJC prez) realys it to him.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for serving our country.

BHR

Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:39:38 pm »

Dear Army2012.  Welcome to the AJ board.  My sincere blessings and thanks for all you do and your family does for our nation and freedom.   I am sure Alan will be thrilled to know your feelings and that he can help by his music.   
Thank you for sharing your story and God Bless you and your family.

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 02:30:37 pm »

DEAR ARMY 2012:  WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE FRATERNITY/SORORITY!  Alan Jackson has spent more time helping the hearts and souls of all of us than anyone in the music business. He sings from his heart to our hearts.  Thank you for all you do for the USA!!!  I'm an oldie - my husband was in Korea and is now deceased.  Bless him and you and keep enjoying Alan's music.  There's something for everyone.  He makes SURE OF THAT!!!

Alanfan
canwin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 08:17:46 pm »

Thanks army 2012 for the inspiring story and welcome to the forum as I myself recently joined.  I can relate to your thoughts as I have had MS for 15 years and love listening to Alan's music.  Sometimes at night I just can't sleep and  Alan's songs makes the night not so long or lonely.  His songs are very soothing and have a calming effect on your soul and often in the morning my Ipad is still playing.  Thanks again for what you do and keep safe.

Loving Alan Downunder!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 01:51:11 pm »

Thanks army 2012 for the inspiring story and welcome to the forum as I myself recently joined.  I can relate to your thoughts as I have had MS for 15 years and love listening to Alan's music.  Sometimes at night I just can't sleep and  Alan's songs makes the night not so long or lonely.  His songs are very soothing and have a calming effect on your soul and often in the morning my Ipad is still playing.  Thanks again for what you do and keep safe.

Loving Alan Downunder!

canwin, welcome to the fan club. Your story is inspiring too & I hope your MS stays mostly in remission.
Hugs

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 06:40:29 pm »

Thanks Army2012 for sharing your story & for serving our country.  God bless you & your family.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 03:34:45 pm »

Don't know where to put this but I can't get GAC to vote for Alan.  I've been voting every day but when I click on "Artist's Name" Alan does not come up.  I should be able to vote but it won't come up.  HELP!!!

Alanfan
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »

Alanfan, I have the same problem at times and if I click on song title and then back to artist's name..Alan will come up.
It seems like it has to download all of the songs.   Just a theory.  -:)   Back and forth seems to work for me. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: