Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 12:21:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: May Thread- Come on in  (Read 26081 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2012, 01:24:45 pm »

Hello, AJ Friends. Well it may be May but it looks like summer in Hotlanta. Yesterday at 5 PM the temperature on our front porch thermometer was 90 degrees. I do not handle this heat well but a long summer with plenty of it coming up.
Just getting over a light case of the flu but have been coughing ever since. Went to the Dr & he did all  kinds of blood tests, Chest xray & exam too. He said I had wheezes in my lungs & gave me an inhaler & cough medicine. I am on the mend though.
This Saturday another nephew gets married- so glad it will be in a church indoors. I enjoyed last summer's weddings but they were both outdoors. I am lookig forward to this one.
Well, what are you guys up to? I'm so glad Alan's song seems to be moving on the charts.

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:40:13 pm »

Hello Friends,
Harriet, thanks for starting the May (already) thread. Enjoy the wedding in spite of long wheezes.
Hope you recover soon, a bad cough in summer can take a while to recover. Take care.
The weather isn't very good over here! Today was a havy rainy day.
But the rain couldn't embitter my day ... 42 years ago i met my wife in a youth-club in Brussels. I was 19 and in service at the navy. She was 17. Where are those years ...!!! We just cracket a botlle of champagne...Cheers!... dear AJ Friends, or like we say in Belgium ...Santé!

Alan's new album is coming very soon know !!! Can't wait!!!
Have a nice day everybody,
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:30:54 pm »

Harriet, thanks for starting the May thread.  Time to start thinking about getting some flowers from the nursery.  Makes everything look happy!

JeanB - congrats on the anniversary of your first meeting.  The years just fly by, don't they?

Just got back from a trip to upstate NY to visit my best girlfriend.  The visit was great, but the airline travel was horrible.  Cancelled flights and delays on both ends of the trip - one of the worst experiences I have ever had traveling.   Home again and staying for awhile!

Really looking forward to AJ's new album - hoping that GAC broadcasts his Opry show!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 04:43:58 pm »

Kathy- Sorry about your lousy flight troubles. I agree- hope GAC will broadcast Alan's Opry night.

JeanB- Met my hubby in May of 1973-39 years ago. I could kick myself for not rememnering the date but we hit it off right away & had a great time dancing at a Disco & then having a late dinner.. And those years have flown by fast.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 04:46:10 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:21:51 pm »

Harriet, thanks for starting the May monthly thread. Time fly too fast. Glad to hear you're getting better. Praying for a full recovery soon.

Kathy, sorry about all the troubles you experienced on your flight to and from NY. I dreaded flying to anywhere anymore.  Unfortunately, that is the only way for me to travel to visit my family overseas. It's not the flying itself that really bothers me but the very invasive security check (TSA). You can take it easy now and relax. Hoping too that GAC will air Alan's appearance at the Opry.

Jean, it doesn't seemed like that long ago, does it? My husband and I met Dec.12th of 1970 at a Christmas party. . .we're both 20. . .and were married 5 months later. on the 16th of May. Our 41st anniversary is coming up soon. With the 13th of May being Mother's Day, my husband pleadingly asked me this past weekend if we could just celebrate both at the same time. He said It's getting too expensive to celebrate my birthday, Mother's Day and our anniversary being so close to each other. :-)

Speaking of which, my special presents for all the above mentions is coming up soon. . .Alan's concert in Columbus, GA this Saturday. Hubby won't be able to make it, though. His neice is graduating from college and the commencement ceremony is this Friday so he'll be spending the weekend with his family. Looking forward to hopefully meet everyone going to the concert.

Take care and enjoy the coming weekend, everyone! I know I will. HUGS.

BHR

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 04:29:58 pm »

Harriet hope your having a great time at the
wedding today.
Jean cheers to you and your wife. Time goes
way to fast.
Kathy sorry you had a bad experiece with the
flights on your trip to New York.
BHR enjoy the family and have a great time at
the concert.
I am getting so tired of rain. Teresa and Kelsey
went to Cranbrook for volleyball this weekend.
They are using my car so I am at home all weekend.
They have a big van and it uses so much gas compared
to my car. Got good news this week. Todds Cancer is only
in the fatty tissue. They are going to do radiation to shrink
it before they operate. Will know on Wed when he starts.
His medical covers the traveling and food. It is a hour and
a half drive to Edmonton and he has to go for three weeks.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 01:06:44 pm »

Hello again, AJ pals. Went to my nephew's wedding yesterday & it was a beautiful church wedding & a great reception with a cover band & dancing. I think Hubby & I danced for the first time in years & it was such a happy occasion. But we drove 70 miles round trip to another suburb of Atlanta & were very tired when we got home. Tired but worth it. And my brother looked so nice in his Tux & he said it's kind of surreal to see your children getting married.

Elaine- I hope your son's treatment plan is successful & I will be sending up prayers for him & for all of your family.

BHR- That is really funny about your birthday, anniversary & Mother's Day all coming close to the same time. I hope you get a really nice gift since it covers 3 holidays.lol

JeanB- it's always nice to hear from you. We are finally getting some rain.

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 11:45:29 pm »

Hello everyone.  Well I guess I am finally coming down from the clouds from the Alan concert two weeks ago.  Hope alot of you got to see  the FANTASTIC pictures my hubby took.  They are on my facebook page.  If I can ever figure the photo bucket thingy I would like to put them on that.

Harriett - the wedding sounded wonderful.  So glad you got to dance and have a great time.

Elaine - That news on your son isn't too too bad thank goodness.  Still going to pray for a successful three weeks ...god bless.

BHR - I think I missed your birthday.  I sure hope all three special occasions will be very nice for you.  Also that you have a GOOD TIME X 3!!!!!

Everyone else stay well!

Gwen
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 01:18:40 pm »

Harriet so happy you had a great time at
the wedding. Your and hubby looked so good.
Gwen glad you enjoyed the seeing Alan in
concert.
Haven't been online for three days. Had my
sil Shirley here. Today I am relaxing. She
has me going from 10 until 6 at night. I am
not use to walking around the stores that much.
When I go I go for what I need and come home.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 03:10:33 pm »

Hallo dear friends,

Kathy, i know what you meam about "horrible airline travel". On the end of my last USA visit i did three days for crossing the Atlantic to Belgium ... our lugage: one day! Thanks goodness it hapen't every time.

Harriet, glad to read that you had a good time with hubby... and without pain in your shoulder, when dancing, i presum.

Gwen, beautiful pictures of Alan on facebook. I prefere the first. Thanks for sharing.

Elaine, I will send prayers for your son and wish him much strenght. How old is he?

BHR, how was the concert and did you meet some fans?

Still raining here. Not all the time but we need somme sunshine. After all it's almost summer!
My wife's knee surgery was very successful (meniscus and knee-cap),she had no pain at all. I bought her a new bycicle, next week i take her with me for a little trip. She's looking forward to it. Gona be a busy week , from thursday till saturday our daughter Nathalie is swimming at the Special Olympics. She's already very excited.

Have a nice weekend everybody,

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 06:08:42 am »

Hello Everyone,

It has been awhile since I have been on here.

Harriet - I hope you are feeling alot better now.  Glad to hear you had a great time at your nephew's wedding.

JeanB - WOW. 42 years.  That is worth celebrating.  May seems like the month for a few of us.  My husband proposed to me on May 8th - 15 years ago.  We have been together for just over 19 years now. That even seems a long time ago now.  Time sure does fly.  Wish your daughter good luck at the Olympics and have yourself a good time. Glad to hear that your wife's knee surgery was successful.

BHR -  The day you met your husband is my birthday.  That must of been a very special day. (hahaha)  It is so nice to hear that people are still together for that long.  It is worth celebrating.  I met my husband Jan 12th, 1993.  It was a Tuesday evening at The Corral.  It is a country bar in town.  It was lady's night.  I remember it quite well.  But our first actual date wasn't until Sunday January 31st.  What was so ironic about this.  In early December of 1992, a woman from my work mentioned to me that she would want me to meet her ex brother-in-law.  She was thinking that we would be good together.  But I told her that I did not want to go on any blind dates because they never worked out too well.  I mentioned that December would not be good for me because I was very busy with Christmas and all.  We were going to set something up sometime in the middle of January and go out with many friends and she would bring him.  But that never happened because I met him that night at the bar, not knowing he was the one she was going to have me meet.  When we figured it out that night after talking with each other, we had a nice chuckle.  I would say that is fate.  We have been happily together since, with a few bumps along the way.(haha).  I hope you had a great time at the AJ concert.   Last night I just went to a Johnny Reid concert.  It was fabulous.  That man is a very good entertainer.  He went into the audience from front to back and up into the stands and shook hands with many people.  He sat on some of the older ladies laps.  He even danced with a few.  He even mentioned that  before the show he had a M&G and he got to meet a lady who has been with her husband 76 years.  So he dedicated the next song to her.  It was called Thank You.  What a beautiful song.  His wife and kids were there too.  It was a great show.

Elaine - I am sorry to hear about your son.   My prayers and thoughts are there for you that everything will be okay.

Well I better go.  Talk to you soon.

Anita

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 06:20:10 am »

I just noticed there has not been any messages from JeriMS lately.  I hope everything is alright. 

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 01:27:02 pm »

The Months are passing by so fast, especially being still ill. Harriet, I started off like you with a flu bug
but the cough never stopped. I went for tests after tests w/my asthma also. Now I have to go for more tests as I had  a
very Serious reaction to the antibiotics they gave me. I have not been able to use my arms  or legs much & they are still
doing tests. Harriet I feel so bad for you, that  coughing is terrible and it's the worst flu i have yet to have. I hope you feel better now & get well soon. I'still too weak to post & even missed the concert at Melbourne, because I could not  walk. We got stage seats too & paid for admission & parking. I just was feeling too bad to care at the time, but I wanted to see Alan & the band so bad & hear him sing his song.The tickets were wasted.Lots of money but I will see him sometime I hope again..My Sister was out of town or they could have used them,she is back now. she said Everyone at Melbourne Loves Alan's Music and admires him as a Singer. she hated they were not home then..She likes Alan's Voice.

To all of you with Birthdays or Anniversities, Congrats to you, even if belated.Sounds like you all married very young like we did. My husband has been so good to me since ill, I made a good choice. like I'm sure you all did. They are keepers.

Congrats Gwen about being in the Newsletter, That's great and so glad you got to go, Congrats. The photos were so good and I can look on photobucket, as I have an account there.It's easy to do as you only have to Post the link. I am not on Facebook.
So glad Terry and Everyone got to see one another.It's so much fun. I loved seeing the Fans I saw  and hope to meet them again at a concert..Gwen can't wait to see you in the  Newsletter article, Congrats to You!
BHR, so glad to got to go but like you I had one experience with drunks & my purse was soaked with beer. that is the first time this had ever happened to me, at All the many ones I have been to. Alan's Fans are usually  very nice and treat others well. Next time, call a security guy over if you see one, they will help you out easy to leave..
this doesn't happen many times at Alan's Concerts, like I said..BHR, I always leave Alan's Concerts wanting more. He is just so Great, I think everyone is left that way.That's the sign of a good Singer & Band,to Always leave Fans wanting more.

I must go now and rest, you all take care. Happy Mother's Day to All You Mom's and Enjoy Your Day. Enjoy your Mom as long as you have her. I missed mine today, she died in 2009 but left me with so much Love and Great Memories. Be sure to tell your Mom what she means to You, while you have her. I told Mom all that, before she passed.
All Fans I have missed you All and, I will post soon as I am stronger.I will let you hear , as I find out more.

I hope you all get well, if Ill and Enjoy seeing Alan & The Strayhorns. I miss them terribly.Stay well.
Miss You All, Love in Christ, to all my AJ Freinds, Hugs Jerrie 

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 01:20:18 am »

Can't believe it's almost the middle of May.

Jeri, I'm glad you were able to post and sorry to hear you have been ill.  Especially missing the Melborne show.

Harriet, so good to hear that you and your husband were able to dance at your nephew's wedding.  Such fun. 

Harris family reunion in AL this weekend so we'll be driving through Atlanta both ways.  Looking forward to going.  We were over there in April for Jerry's nephew's funeral.  A sudden death and Jerry and Dewaine were closer than brothers.  At first we weren't going to go to the reunion, but Jerry changed his mind.  I'm glad because being the youngest of 11, there are not many of his siblings still living.  He's planned to have another jam session and our friends in Pell City will be coming out also. 

Hope y'all had a very nice mother's day.  I did.  Jerry & I had children's church, 3-5 yr. olds and the church had a special service for mothers.  The speaker however spoke much longer than usual and we had those little munchkins until 12:45!  But we survived!  LOL!

Hello to everyone else, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 01:33:56 pm »

Jean Todd will be 48 at the end of July. Happy
to read your wife's surgery went well. Enjoy riding
together.
Antia enjoyed reading how you met your husband.
My husband was on my dads ball team so knew him
since I was 10. He was three years older then me and
at 10 they were way to old(LOL) We started dating when
I was 16,married at 19 and had 43 years together before
he passed away.
Jeri so sorry to hear you have been sick for so long.
I pray you will be better soon.
Sharon enjoy your trip to Al. Have a good time at the
reunion.
I am waiting to hear from Todd. I pray he will be going
for radiation as that means he has slow growing cancer.
He will have to go for radiation for three weeks. Will be
a 1 1/2 hr drive everyday. Then he will have the surgery.
Elaine

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: