Alan Jackson
September 29, 2024, 04:31:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: April Thread- Come on in  (Read 19117 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 01:36:35 pm »

Happy Easter to all A.J. wonderful
fans.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 03:50:20 pm »

Taking a little break from watching the Masters and thought I'd hop in and wish y'all a Happy Easter.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Jeri.  Please take it easy. Adding you to my prayer list.  I know my allergies have been the worse this year.  I don't usually have to take medication, but have had to this year.

Praying that your biopsy results are negative, Gwen

The first of April has been busy here.  Our dear nephew in AL passed away suddenly April 1, and Jerry and I drove over to Jasper for the funeral the last part of this week.  Jimmy Dewaine was 68 and such a sweetheart.  He was Jerry's nephew, but seemed more like his brother. 

I feel like I'm running behind with everything. 

Hopefully I will catch up.  Wishing all of you a wonderful rest of the Easter holiday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 02:29:27 pm »

Good Wednesday afternoon to you all. Just thought I'll drop by here for a few minutes. The weather has been a mixed bag but I'm thankful always for the rain we get. It helps rid of my allergy symptoms momentarily. Hope you're all doing well. Jerie, continued prayers for you and your husband. We all miss you here at the forum.

We had quite an "excitement" the other night. For the third time in the last couple of years we had water leakage coming from an apartment unit above us. This time it was not the apartment directly above us but the one on the third floor to the right of us. Their water pipe apparently broke and flooded that apartment and every apartment units below them, including ours. The carpets in the apartment unit right above us that was flooded up in the first water leakage incident was just replaced a little over couple of weeks ago too after the previous tenants moved out and just before the new tenants there now moved in. We don't know how old this building is but suffice to say we are now considering on finding another place to live in. The maintenance guy was just here removing the padding from underneath the area of the carpets that got soaked and vacuumed off the the water from the flooded areas. . .dining room, kitchen, laundry room, one bathroom and a bedroom closet. They're also still fixing the broken pipe so no doing the laudry or washing the dshes for a little while. . .or until they're done.

It's smelling a little musty here and we have to go out and get some fresh air.  Take care everyone. HUGS.

BHR

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 07:01:18 pm »

Just got back for Edmonton. Went with
Teresa to bring Kelsey home from the
University in Edmonton.Getting to old
to be sitting for a nine hr drive.It took
us a little longer coming home.Got stuck
behind some simi trucks.We did have a nice
dinner in Edmonton with Todd and Deb.
The next day we packed the van while
Kelsey was writing her exam.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 09:10:00 pm »

Hello, Friends. I am still coughing but otherwise over the flu. Now the pollen is driving me nuts- I feel for all of you reacting to the pollen. It rained today but the grass pollen is still in the high range.

Elaine- 9 hours is a very long drive. Get some rest.

Gwen- Hope you get a good report on your biopsy.

BHR- So sorry about the flooding & your allergies too. I wold not blame you at all if you decide to move.

Sharon- Sorry to hear of your loss.

Jeri- we miss you & sending prayers your way.

We hope to be able to take a trip to Pigeon Forge,TN next week. We really do just need to get out of Dodge & get some rest.
When we return I will start PT on my shoulder. After improving it has gotten very painful again- saw the Dr last week & they took about 8 x-rays. He said I have scar tissue & will just go on hurting If I don't gey PT. I'll be glad to do it if it will improve things. He said I could take my vacation first & then start PT for 4 weeks & see how it goes.

Love to All.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 12:08:22 pm »

Harriet so sorry to read your shoulder is
hurting again.Have a great time in Pigeon Forge
next week.
It is a beautiful sunny day.Kelsey brought Georgie
home last night. Boy did I miss him.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 04:13:58 am »

Just come in to read the posts and say hello.
Everything oké in Belgium ... except the weather. Real April-weather. Rainshower, sunshine, rainshower, ...

Stay  safe everyone
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 01:43:13 pm »

Jean we are finally getting some sun after
all the rain we got. I am  loving it.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 02:44:43 pm »

Hello, Friends. Still have a cough for 2 weeks now & feeling very tired.The doctor wants to see me so I'm waiting on his nurse to call back & tell me when I can come in. We had to cancel our plans to go to Pigeon Forge, at least for now, because I am not up to it.

Well, at least baseball season has started & my Braves, after a slow start, have started swinging the bat real well & we have good pitching too. So I'm enjoying that.

JeanB- It is cold & windy here but just for a couple of more days. We are actually lucky- a storm system is going up the East Coast & Pennsylvania is having a snowstorm.

Elaine, that jet stream that is letting you have warm weather is dipping down & giving us cold weather. I knew it was coming after we had such a warm winter- now it's taking a bite out of us. Very windy here too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:46:26 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 04:21:35 pm »

It has been windy (and I do mean windy) and cool, but the sun has been shining.  I'm headed to upstate NY on Thursday and they are having snow - timing is everything!   Hopefully it will be gone by the time I get there.

Harriet, sorry you had to cancel your trip - hope you are feeling better soon.

BHR - sorry to hear about your flooding.  What a mess - I know that smell is awful.  Take care

Just ordered Alan's new CD - seems like we have been waiting forever for this one.  Can't wait to hear all the wonderful songs.   Here's hoping GAC televises his appearance on May 8th.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 08:23:18 am »

Sorry you had to cancel your trip to TN, Harriet.  We are going to Pigeon Forge (Lord willing) the end of July. 

Yep, we are having the cold weather here also and windy.  Had an outdoor luncheon yesterday and it was so windy and cold.  It was for the volunteers of the meals on wheels program and most of the drivers are retired, so I'm just hoping we all don't get sick.

Sorry about the flooding BHR. 

Ready for spring again, even summer!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: