Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 01:51:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "i was rockin in the cradle to the cryin of a steel quitar"  (Read 5401 times)
rickm

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:10:35 am »

hi, years ago i attended a patty loveless concert at the dutchess county fair in upstate n.y. i enjoyed the show and patty mentioned how important the steel guitar was to country music which i always thought myself. after the show me and a handful of fans stood by her tourbus hoping to meet her. the bus door opened and we all got to breifly have a meet n greet one at a time with her. i told her how thrilled i was that her thoughts on the steel quitar were the same as mine and mentioned the verse in alan's song "chasin that neon rainbow". a big smile appeared on her pretty face as she signed my picture....love, patty loveless......rickm.

havin a "good time" listening to alan in my '65 gto.. fan club member since july 1994.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:02:47 pm »

Rick, I met Patty at an autograph signing in 2007 in Nashville. She was really nice & signed a lot of things & let us take pictures.

I'm glad you got to meet her. Love that Steel Guitar.

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 07:01:11 pm »

I love the steel guitar, too.  One of my favorite instruments.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 05:13:38 pm »

I love the steel guitar, too.  One of my favorite instruments.
I always loved the Steel Guitar also. I think Robbie plays it for Alan and the StrayHorns.
Also I love a great song with a Mandolin played in it also. Now that's really Country! The "Harters" that open for Alan at times, have a great Mandolin sound in some of their songs. they are all siblings , I think from Nashville. Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 11:27:53 pm »

Love a steel guitar!  Certainly The Strayhorns are admired by all of us.  Jerry Douglas is another fave of mine. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gukFvG8VbK4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: