Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:23:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flower Fund ?  (Read 9007 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2012, 11:08:10 am »

BHR and Jinx,  It was so sweet of y'all to send the flowers and sign it the Alan's Angels.  Would you be willing BHR to be in charge of a flower fund and if we want to send you the $$$$ you would just take care of it?  Just an idea.  BTW, a check will be in the mail when I get to it!!!!!

Thanks,

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 05:42:58 pm »

Sharon, the idea has cross my mind, but not sure right now that I would want to take on the resposibility. However, depending on what everyone else here think about this, I might give it some consideration. And, not to offend anyone, I want to make sure that everyone understands that I've been doing this sending flowers to anyone here I feel needs to receive one, for whatever their situation is, not for the money but out of friendship and sincere kindness on behalf of everyone here, Alan's Angels, as I've been at the receiving end of it too many years ago and know how it feels to know and have a reminder that you're thought of and being prayed for. It makes getting through each day feel a little bit easier. Also, if there'll be any question about trusting me, I think there shouldn't be any discussion about this idea at all. I would love to continue sending flowers to those who needs it, but I also woulld appreciate that everyone already know and realize by now that I can be truly trusted.

Thanks for suggesting this idea, Sharon. . . .and thanks too, in advance, for the check.

HUGS,
BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 01:11:23 pm »

BHR, I would readily trust you to do this & it seems that you do it anyway. My only question- if we set it up would everyone here be willing to contribute & I would like to see some answers here if that would be the case. I am willing to contribute but if we make this official then everyone has to be on board. So right now Sharon & I are on board.

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:37:06 pm »

I also think it is a good idea!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:37 am »

count me in - great idea

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:12:52 pm »

I am not sure what you all have in mind but I will be in on whatever!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:51:58 pm »

i am signing in as one of Alan's Angels. Count me in on the Flower Fund....

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 12:14:26 pm »

Hi BHR, I am with you and have given to the Flower Fund and will be there for you. HUGS  nelle 

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 07:54:50 pm »

To all of you that have responded so far, I thank you all so much for your support and trust in me. And, Sharon, thank you for asking me if I would handle this. Not quite sure yet either how we're going to do this but I do have one proposal and that would be for me to open an event fundraiser type of account in our bank, give you all the pertinent bank info and you can deposit your donation directly to the account or continue sending it to me , as you all have done in the past, and I'll deposit it there. You all also would decide how much and how often you would wish to put your $$$$ in it and for how long you wish or want to do this. . .I will make it a point to put at least $20 in it every 2 weeks. Every second weekend I will email you all an updated accounting of deposits, withdrawals for flowers ordered and current balances. Every 1st of the month I will send you all a copy of the bank statement itself. . .you will all receive it within the first week of the month or early part of the following week. At the end or whenever this special funding effort for the flowers comes to an end, whatever total balance is left will be divided amongst everyone who contributed to this. For your part, rather than me deciding who should be the recipient of the flowers, I would prefer it that you all let me know who you all would wish or want it to be. . .via email or PM to keep the surprise element. . .and I'll make sure everyone are informed of it and are in agreement with the choice. This is just one proposal I'm throwing in to you all. If any of you have any other suggestions as to how this will be handled it, please share it here then we all can decide how we'll all go about this. Take care all.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:31:04 pm »

BHR, looks like you have everything thought out & organized. I like your suggestions.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 06:42:57 am »

BHR, so glad you have taken on this project.  I knew you would do a good job from the past experiences.  Thanks,

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 12:37:14 pm »

Harriett I just love your new picture of Alan you are using now...

I  know how happy I was when I got my flowers while I was in the hospital everybody on the floor had to come by and look at them ..They were beautiful....Thanks again to Alan's Angels and also the smile that Mazie got on her face was such a blessing for her to receive her flowers she has had a lot of problems but is improving more and more...Thanks again to the Angels.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:16 am »

BHR - sounds fine with me - your plan works for me.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 03:54:42 pm »

Thank you all again. Just got back home from running errands, amongst them to our bank to open an account for this fund. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get in our bank. The main access road to our bank's parking lot. . .there's no other way to get in there. . .was blocked by law enforcement officers' cars Apparently there was a bomb threat call from a newly opened car wash business right across our bank and our bank also went on a temporary lockdown. Had other errands to run so I decided to just forego it and go back there tomorrow morning. I just thought I'll update you all with what's been happening in regards to my opening the bank account. Will let you know tomorrow when it's all set up. Good day to you all!

BHR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: