Alan Jackson
May 05, 2024, 01:46:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CMT Terms of Agreement  (Read 16053 times)
AJsTricia

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2009, 01:23:00 pm »

Has anybody actually read this? Sheesh, it's like selling your soul!  They said take a moment to review the TOA but it would take about five hours to read all that stuff.  I signed it but I don't know what I signed.

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:48:40 pm »

Trish,  I haven't been able to get on over there for 2 days.  Can't sign up, can't log in, can't read the threads even.  I can get the home page and the blogs and news pages though.  I'm missing you all.
Becky/AJisbest

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 09:40:31 pm »

Becky, a couple people got on after signing the agreement that came up but there is not a lot of activity. That agreement is probably the snag. I think we're all depressed because we miss the honeys that can't get on.

I always suggest rebooting maybe three times in a row when people are having trouble on a site. Nobody believes me but sometimes it works. I think it may be because a site going through a transition may be particularly complex and multiple rebootings clear out your computer and makes it more capable of handling a problematic site.

Keep trying. Let me know how you're doing with it.  

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:04:15 pm »

Becky and Tricia I am having the same problems as Becky ..I wonder what brought  on the change
    It is so confusing and needless to say frustation..I cannot open my Facebook pages now I have been able to
answer a few but not today or yesterday....I will be trying in the AM but will going out in the afternoon...
   Sue has tried so hard but now I am like her I am getting a headache..

I got a really good report from the dr today that was one good thing for me...He said I can't complain about this report.   Tell all the  honey's  I said hello. and I miss you all. dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 11:04:43 pm »

Dizzy, you made me realize that cmt is responsible for the problems everyone is having with their computer! Paula can't even access this site and all she wants  to do is read the board.  At this time I still think if you reboot a few times like I told Becky, it might help.  I hope you both get on soon. I'm in a funk without you guys over there.

I'll let the few people online know that you say hello and I'm so glad your drs. report came out good.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 11:58:47 am »

Dizzy,

So glad you got a good report and I hope you are fine.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to sign the terms on CMT, maybe it's a reminder for us to watch what we post etc. not sure.
I hate it when you have to sign an agreememt about three pages long, who has time or wants to read all that junk. Maybe it is protection for us, and /or incase of lawsuits for them.
You take care Dizzy, Florida is so cold the last few days & nights but it may get warmer up in  the day & cool tonight. enough to make a well person , ill ha!
I will post when  we get back from NY, my daughter's hubby will be here at my house to house sit  ha while we have fun fun fun!
Take care ,
Jerrie aka Artsy-FL-MS
PS- I am baking a cake to take with us to snack on/ the trip. It's her sweet Birthday! we may eat at the crystal room of Tavern on The Green, one day. my daughter has been there, when she worked in NY, but I haven't yet. The hotel better be nice at those prices LOL. actually the beds sleep better at the Marriot courtyard but ours is another plan. ole people go for comfort LOL

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 12:01:57 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 01:36:40 pm »

Jeri, you're going to NY. How exciting! You will only be an hour or two away from me. Let us know what you did in NY and if you had a good time.

AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 01:41:29 pm »

Dizzy and Becky, I am copying what I wrote to Paula...maybe it is why we are all having problems.

"Last night after posting, my computer started freezing up but after three reboots it still was acting horrible. So I turned it off and what happened was a Windows update that took almost an hour to load! Then a few more reboots and I was back in business.

So try this...

1. Shut down all programs and turn off your computer, legally. That means using the 'Start' button and then 'Turn off Computer...etc.

2. If you have updates, let it do its thing. It looks like nothing is happening, but it is.

3. Turn on your computer, and reboot a few times before opening any programs.

If you're still having problems or don't have any updates, your next step would be to go on the Microsoft site and ask for updates.

If you have no updates, then, while you are on the MS site, reinstall/update your Internet Explorer. It should save all your settings automatically."

That last item, about Explorer, was because Paula was having a specific problem.  But maybe some of this will help with your cmt problems.

Gotta run now but will be back later.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:43:00 pm by AJsTricia » Logged

AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 07:15:52 pm »

I'm not even getting the option to sign the agreement.  When I try to reregister or sign in I get an Internet Explorer message saying it cannot display the page.  So frustrated.  I've rebooted several times and shut down the compter several times.  Nothing is working.  I will try to look for updates though I'm supposed to get them automatically.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 08:27:04 pm »

I will be waiting on Att computer geek to come out and see what the problem is ...
I have tried turning it on and off a half dozen times ..\
It won't let me on the message board or any thing else...
I don't know what there Problem is but it is really a mess....
'Things use to be so simple but now they are a pain......dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 08:43:27 pm »

Becky, I will keep thinking what the problem might be. I know it's something cmt did but it affected some computers and not others.

Becky and Dizzy, try getting on with another browser. Paula would like to use Explorer but can only get on cmt with Mozilla Firefox.  Sue switches between Mozilla and Safari and I have had no problem with Mozilla.  That might help.

suem

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 09:58:30 pm »

Trish,  I haven't been able to get on over there for 2 days.  Can't sign up, can't log in, can't read the threads even.  I can get the home page and the blogs and news pages though.  I'm missing you all.
Becky/AJisbest

Becky, download mozilla firefox.  I think it doesn't work with all browsers and cookies.

January

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 10:07:56 pm »

I am not having any issues with CMT but before you install updates try this - do a disk clean-up and a disk defrag - this will clear your computer of cookies that may be old and causing a conflict - you may try going to the tools of your browser and go to intenet options - clear your history and your cookies there as well.  I have not updated to the newest version of IE - my computer guy told me it is fraught with problems - I have found I have to go through google for some of the newer websites tho.......ah technology - what a pain in the neck....LOL

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 12:23:09 pm »

January, are you able to get on cmt with your current IE browser? Just curious. Good suggestions, btw.

Trish/Shanatri

AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 09:38:23 pm »

SUCCESS!  thanks for all your help ladies.  was finally able to download foxfire.  (I love it)  followed all yours steps and now we have the small headache of resetting a bunch of our passwords because of deleting cookies but it was worth it.  and finally back on at CMT.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: