Alan Jackson
May 11, 2024, 03:05:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan & Denise Selling Florida Homes  (Read 5945 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:01:32 pm »

Just read this news about Alan & Denise putting their Jupiter Island home in the market for $14.9M while their smaller home in FL is still for sale with lowered sale price of $900,000 from the orignal asking price of $1.2M. I thought that this might interest you all reading this too.

http://tasteofcountry.com/alan-jackson-selling-florida-estate/

BHR

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 11:44:18 am »

I just read that this morning and watched the slide show of pictures of the house in Jupiter. It's amazing.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 10:30:00 am »

Hmmm, wonder if he'll build another one in FL.  Why not SC?  LOL!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 05:32:53 pm »

Sorry Alan wont be living in FL anymore but I guess it's natural to cutback as your children leave. Most people we know are.Alan's wife being ill, their priorities changed too. Maybe they just want to relax more and enjoy! Sounds like the new house in Nashville is nice.. to a DJ Alan visited, Alan said "Denise fixed it up fancy", so I'm sure it is nice.
Enjoy living and be happy Alan & Family, Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 03:03:56 pm »

Jeri,

Where is the new house in Nashville? Do you know. I have not heard anything about it.
Take care.

Brenda in Indy
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:38:33 pm »

Are there any pictures of the new home in Nashville?  IT would be fun to see it.  I'm
sure Denise is a perfect decorator and Alan would surely have a place for his cars and
boats.  It probably has a private Lake.  I hope the kids like it.  They love their kids.  Mattie
would still be in college at UT.  I wonder if the middle one is in college yet.  Wow, kids
sure do grow fast.  That is a GOOD family.

Alanfan
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:03:44 am »

Alan and Denise are probably just doing a little tax planning in selling their homes in 2012 before the capital gains tax rates may almost double in 2013.  Remember that the taxes to pay for ObamaCare start kicking in next year, including an additional 3.8% capital gains tax on sales of your personal residence.

Why do you think that Facebook is going public this year?  Part of it is related to tax planning and the current capital gain tax rate of 15%.  It is estimated that 1,000 individuals (including many employees and early financial backers) will become instant millionaires as well as a few billionaires.  This initial IPO is to allow those individuals to cash out some of their stock holdings this year and minimize the tax bite sent to Washington and Sacramento.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:20:05 pm by IndianaNative » Logged
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 01:01:16 pm »

IndianaNative,

Wow..you may be right. I guess I missed that "capitol gains" memo somewhere. Thanks so much for the info.   Maybe the Jackson's would be interested in becomeing Hoosiers...?

Brenda in Indy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: