Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 04:14:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sissy's Song Nomination - Tonight is the Award Night  (Read 7208 times)
Alanfan

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2009, 07:43:20 pm »

Good luck to Alan on his nomination for Inspirational Song tonight.  He deserves to win both categories.  I am praying for him to win.
Alanfan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 02:47:05 pm »

Thanks for the info.I will pray he takes the
awards.
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 06:56:52 pm »

Hi Alanfan Thank you for the info.  I hope and pray he wins.  I have been playing it everyday on CMT since it came out. I was hoping it would help because it is such a beautiful song and video that has helped so many people. GOD bless him for his beautiful writing and singer.        Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 07:46:10 pm »

He didn't win.  Craig Morgan got the video and I didn't recognize the other.  You can access the site
through the fan club news.  Too bad...he so deserved it.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 07:58:25 pm »

Sorry to hear that jinx.  I agree with you that he really deserved to win!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 07:14:03 am »

So sorry. Next time better !

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 10:31:37 am »

I am so sorry Jinx.  I really thought he would win and he should have.         Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 11:06:57 am »

He didn't win.  Craig Morgan got the video and I didn't recognize the other.  You can access the site
through the fan club news.  Too bad...he so deserved it.

It must be the airplay, the reason it won. Craig's song has been played by our local DJ's, in fact I thought too much.
Alan's should have won, I feel. Craig was accepted into the Opry recently, so I think it must be Craig's song "God Must Really Love me" which is a good song ..Sissy's Song still plays here locally.

I requested Alan's new one and thus far, they have not answered or played it. Basically the station and/or air play have a lot to do with how the song does. I'm so tired of hearing Taylor Swift, she is over played..naturally there are other factors involved into the selection, nationwide. Taylor's music to me is geared toward the younger audience, but who is listening to radio, certainly not many
younger people, they are glued to their I-Pods. Moms at home listen and the older crowd.

without our money, the Opry would not do so well, so why not play up to those who have the money, instead of children. Not many if any children, even go to the Opry.

Alan's "Sissy's Song" has remained in the 20's on our local stations.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:22:42 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: