Alan Jackson
September 28, 2024, 02:19:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Ole Opry Ticket Prices  (Read 3358 times)
IndianaNative

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2012, 07:03:22 pm »

Well, I see that the Grand Ole Opry ticket prices have been raised once again.  The best seat locations are now priced at $55.00 and the second-best seat locations are now priced at $44.00.

I personally think that they are pricing themselves out of reach for many of their loyal fans.  I don't think that the artists get paid anything for performing and, if they do, only at the minimum union scale like when they perform on a TV show.  Their insurance proceeds should have paid for the reconstruction on the Opry House, so they shouldn't need to be recouping those costs.  Therefore, what is driving up the ticket price increases every year just like clockwork?

Maybe the object of the price increases is like what Stonewall Jackson was told a few years ago --- "We don't want any gray hair around here anymore."  Of course, that philosophy changed somewhat after an age discrimination lawsuit was filed.

What do you think about the contuining increase in ticket prices?
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:03:46 pm »

We have went to the Grand Ole opry   alot last year and have been paying  $ 55.00 .   for seats.   

Gone  Country    Arkansas
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:48:35 am »

My last trip to the Opry was in September and seats were $55.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: