Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 05:58:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: this board  (Read 7052 times)
January

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2009, 01:14:19 am »

You know - I am not sure I like this new board - it is very noticeable lately just how many people can't post with this new format - and it seems as though some of the people who could post have stopped - doesn't seem to be quite as much fun - anybody else feel this way?

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 03:49:41 am »

Hi January, Only Platinum fanclub members can post on this new board. But everyboby can read the threads. I miss the fans who aren't a fanclub member.
By this occasion i say hello to Astrid, Joey, Sibenik, and other. I miss you guys !!!

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 11:48:21 am »

Most other Singers boards have one area where anyone can post and meet Fans. Then one area where only PL Fans can post..
more private. I think the old way encouraged more people to join. I too miss the ones who could only listen to what Fans said about Alan's Concerts. I miss Paula , she contributed so much to the board. I miss Astrid, Joey and others also.

If Pontus and Sabrina were not members, we may never hear from them again. I thought only Fan Club Members could try for the Meet & Greets
but maybe I'm  wrong. I have been waiting to see how Pontus & Sabrina enjoyed the show! So happy they were able to view Alan's house Garage area & Cars..Thye really showed Alan support in Sweden with the cars there at the Venue.

I suppose it was set up this way to keep Spam to a minimun.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:00:43 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
suem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 12:45:56 pm »

January, I miss the old posters too.  There are nice features on this board but people matter most.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 04:20:57 pm »

Like the rest of you I miss all those no longer
posting.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 10:17:23 pm »

I'm glad you brought up this question, January. I'm also not liking this new forum too much, if at all. I do miss very much too a lot of former posters here, of whom some has been mentioned. . .and I'd ike to include our Aussie friends, Dee and Jenny to that list. From one of the last messages that Dee posted here she made mention of being tempted or thinking of not posting here anymore in protest for those wonderful AJ fans who no longer can post here and I can't blame her for that. Right at the early start of this forum I had posted a message here for Cindy expressing my disappointment and concern about this new board with regards to those AJ fans who were regular posters on the previous board but could no longer post because of the change used with this new format and how it will and could make them feel like they're being forced to become members of the AJFC just so they'll be able to post on this board and as well as how this change of the board's format is a slap on their faces after them becoming such great fans of Alan and had supported him in their own way (buying his albums/records, etc.). Kind of like this is the thanks they got. And this is not actually a good follow up to Alan's very successful concerts at his Scandinavian Tour. Who knows how many of his fans that were in his concerts there are not members of the AJFC and therefore could not post here. I'm sure there has been a lot of them who must have wanted to share their experiences at the concert, like Pontus and his wife did, but couldn't maybe because they could not afford to pay for the membership to the AJFC or didn't want to be part of a fan club, which they have all the rights to choose if they so desire. I also stated that I do understand that one main reason for this change is to try to stop the spammers from invading the board again. And as I've said there too, there's got to be another way of doing it. I've been waiting for some changes to happen to make it possible again for non-members of AJFC who shares our love of Alan and his music to be able to post on the board again, but I'm not going to hold my breath, though. Sorry for being blunt, but that's my opinion of this whole issue. And truth to be told, I don't feel very comfortable at all posting here.

Thanks for starting this topic, January, because I think there's a need for all of us to discuss this. Obviously, all of us here shares the same sentiment and observation regarding this new board's format. . . .the board not being as active as the previous one, the void created by the non-members but great fans of Alan not being able to post messages here and how truly missed they are by us all and most importantly, the lack of the privacy that the PL section has afforded and served us. Things that we could do here and not on the previous board are nice pluses. But. . . . .

BHR

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:18:30 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 11:30:18 pm »

January, JeanB and BHR, I for one agree totally with what is being expressed. I'm not one for all the bells and whistles that we have now. I miss all the other great AJ fans that use to post and I think it is a shame they no longer can share stories and their love for Alan. We had a great connection before. I vote for another way PLEASE....bring it back the way it use to be. To be honest, I feel the board has become B O R I N G. No disrespect to anyone because I love reading all the posts. It's just not the same................
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 02:33:56 pm »

I have learned that sometimes "upgrades" aren't always better!  (Like Microsoft office 2007 for instance--grrr)   I find myself just checking in to read posts occasionally here rather than regularly like before.  Seems they should be able to keep the good stuff while still adding the new stuff doesn't it?  Maybe could have posted a survey asking which features to keep?Huh  Hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it?  I miss the other posters as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: