Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 12:21:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Luck Alan at the CMA awards!!!  (Read 11480 times)
taccat8

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2011, 02:05:42 pm »

Best wishes to Alan tonight!!! Hope you get number 17!!! You and ZBB deserve the award!! Great song, great artist!!!

http://articles.boston.com/2011-11-07/ae/30370580_1_cma-awar...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:43:41 pm by taccat8 » Logged

Kathy
Allison

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:25 pm »

Does anyone know is Alan at the show, I am watching it and the camera hasn't shown him at all......
taccat8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 04:54:26 pm »

Disappointed in the CMA awards. Besides Alan not winning, it was obvious the direction they want country music to go. Pairing the country artist with pop artist (Lionel Richie, Kenny Logins, Natasha Beddingfield, Greg Alman etc.) was to me blending the genres. As a lover of country music, I like my country music to sound like country music. I understand with the sales of CDs falling, they want to widen the listen base. Unfortunately, true country music is suffering. Instead of what they are doing, why don't they pair old country with new country. It worked very well with Alan and the Zac Brown Band. They had a number 1 song. Vince Gil, George Strait, Patti Loveless, Dolly, Kathy Mathia, George Jones , artist that still tour and along with many other,are good examples that would be good pairing artist. It sadens me see good music and good artist being neglected. Maybe we should start a new genre. True Country or Traditional Country.
Alans new song should be titled after Barbara Mandrell's "I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool" retitled " I Am Country When Country Isn't Country"
I was glad they honored Glen Campbell, but saden that he didn't sing.  
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:56:08 pm by taccat8 » Logged

Kathy
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 03:44:15 pm »

When the CMA Awards consider TALENT as a Prerequisite for winners-Alan will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wrote a long Post and perhaps Lucky for me, My computer shut down lol

I enjoyed the Glen Campbell Salute and My Best Wishes for his health, as he Tours.
COUNTRY MUSIC TV WAKE UP! THE OVER AGE 30 PEOPLE HAVE YEARS OF TALENT AND WE LOVE THEM & TREASURE THEM!
Glen started to get his Guitar and sing but the station break cut his performance off.
Adults are buying music for the young set, so why don't they get a choice in Music. Like in Classical Music, the older Singers are treasured..even after passing. Anyone remember Nat King Cole or ELVIS? The Beatles ? Frankly I miss the
Country Music Greats on Radio.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:56:14 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 07:11:10 am »

So true!  So very sad & unfortunate.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Allison

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 04:11:13 pm »

The award show was so disappointing this year, I don't know how they pick the winners but it was sad.  I didn't see Alan either I don't think he was there, is there not another awards show coming up in December maybe he will be at that one??

Allison
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 05:45:32 pm »

I have to agree with everyone's sentiment here about this year's CMA Awards show and share the diappointment that Alan was not there. I was also horrified that they cut off what would have been Glen Campbell's performance, especially right after he was handed his guitar, as you said Jerie. How disrespectful that was! It made me wonder if he had wanted to say something as well and was not given that chance. That is very disturbing to me. To cut off an artist's acceptance speech (i.e., Kenny Chesney's EOY acceptance speech) is one thing, but to cut off the performance of a music legend, who has just let it be known that he's been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and has just been given a musical tribute, and, possible, his message of gratitude, that is no class, rude and very disrespectful. It disappointed me also that Alan was not included among the artists who paid tribute to Glen, afterall, it was Glen who gave Alan the very first break in getting his foot at the door towards achieving what would be a very successful career in country music. That would have given Alan a great chance to have thanked Glen for that in a very special way and while Glen still have his memory. I honestly don't think Alan would have turned down that opportunity had he been invited to be part of the tribute presentation. I think Alan has more connection to Glen that Vince, Brad and Keith (Urban). What a travesty!

BHR
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:10:53 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Allison

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 09:12:32 am »

BHR you couldn't of said that any better, I agree with everything you have said.  Isn't there another country music award show in December, 2011?  Maybe Alan will be at that one, let's hope!!

Allison
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »

BHR you couldn't of said that any better, I agree with everything you have said.  Isn't there another country music award show in December, 2011?  Maybe Alan will be at that one, let's hope!!

Allison

Allison, Yes, the American Country Awards Show (ACAS) is coming up December 5 at Fox network. Alan was nominated was nominated on 3 categories in his ASWA collaboration with the Zac Brown Band.

BHR

Allison

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 09:37:38 am »

BHR, lets hope we can get the show up here in Canada, I know alot of the times I see postings on this forum about Alan being on CMT and I turn it on and our CMT must be different then the one down in the south because I never see him:(

Thanks
Allison

P.S. I found some pictures!!!!!  Thanks for your help.........
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 12:01:24 am »

Sorry Alan wasn't at thr ACA's but I wouldn't expect it, he's busy now I'm sure. Fans online voted that
Zac Brown Band with Alan, in "As She's Walking Away" would win! so who votes on this--- weird!

BHR, I totally agree.
What is needed in some cases,  bluntly is a Big Huge Dose of R-E-S-P-E-C-T !    Aretha says it well!
Manners and Respect seem to be avantgarde. a shame,,,

I think Alan was in NY shooting a video for his upcoming album. if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
The New Album should be out first of the Year, so I'm sure Alan is working on that and Video's. I can't wait!

[/b]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:07:16 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 09:08:55 am »

Hi! I haven't been here in a while as I just moved and have been very busy! I watched about 20 min. of the CMAs and that was enough! Next year I won't even bother turning it on.  No wonder Alan doesn't attend these awards...he's COUNTRY, not that stuff that is being played today. Thank goodness I have my Sirius radio and my cds, or else I wouldn't be able to listen to country music at all.  No more country music award shows for me. What a farce! What is going to happen to 'country music'! Very, very sad!

Carol
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 09:21:44 pm »

All Music at the Grand Ole Opry and Ryman should hold to COUNTRY MUSIC! It is the Greatest! Frankly I miss that sound
Thank God for Alan, Vince, and others in Nashville who have kept Country playing! Time for "Murder On Music Row" again.
I even like Bluegrass and Country " Alabama" is still great! When I was younger and traveling I listened to others also, but
One never forgets their roots. I'm Country and Country is Cool. Remember Mandrell's Song, "I Was Country, When Country wasn't Cool."
We drive 13 Hours to the Opry and Ryman, that's how much I love it! Alan is going to duet with someone and get back
our Great Country Music!
Jerrie-MS

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 11:15:02 pm »

Music, Country or otherwise, goes in cycles. When Alan signed his record deal Traditional Country had become popular again thanks to Randy Travis & Keith Whitley & others.

But now it has swung way to the pop side & while there are some very good Pop-Country Crossover acts ( I like Rascal Flatts), there seems to be a lot of those kinds of artists now & they are getting played on radio & racking up awards. I had hoped that artists like Josh Turner & Chris Young & Ashton Shepherd & Dierks Bentley  would help sway Country Music back toward the traditional side but so far this has not happened. I have a feeling Scotty McCreery might be the one that sparks the return of the traditional sound. He's about as country as it gets & an American Idol winner too..
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:16:40 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: