Alan Jackson
May 09, 2024, 02:38:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: October  (Read 29831 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 01:23:27 pm »

You all have a great weekend. Will post when
I get home on Sunday.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 06:36:41 pm »

Helo, Friends. Everything fine here. It is cool to cold this week. Right now we have the heat on & a space heater in the great room. Next week it will be back to the 70's- weird weather, I never know what to wear.lol

Jean, that's interesting that you are tracing your ancestry. A great aunt of mine, after raising 7 children, was bored with time on her hands so she traced our ancestry back to England. My maiden name was Dawkins, a good ole English name. In the 1600's there were 2 Dawkins brothers who were farmers in the English countryside & they came on a boat to this country. One settled in Virginia, the other in Maryland & we are descended from the one in Maryland. It is intersting to find out these things & to think you found your niece. That is really neat.

Hello to all of Alan's other great fans.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:38:17 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 09:04:19 am »

Harriet, we're having the same weather here!  I have the heat on also.

Quiet weekend planned.  Will watch some college football.  I bowled last night in our league and the world series was on.  I haven't been watching it though.  Turned it on when I got home, but fell asleep before it was over.

Elaine have fun with Jess.  My grandson is having a paintball birthday party.  I'm trying to talk Jerry into going up there just to make an appearance.  Won't know until tomorrow whether we go or not.  I don't want to go up with my dil and be there the whole time. 

Y'all have a good weekend.  I bought Halloween candy and have been eating on it since I bought it.  We don't even get trick or treaters here and I buy the candy anyway!  LOL!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 12:44:57 pm »

Boo Sharon, lol
And we know who eats your candy hehe! Good idea.. I think I will put mine out on a serving table and Put a sign, take one. I saw that on a commercial and the little girl took a handful of candy and her brother said "Only one piece" to which she replied "I Can't read" lol My husband refuses to put out candy now, since the mean children smashed our pumpkin ha! We found it was older children, that did it.
We have lights to shine spooks on our garage door.I think the candy at the door, I can arrange. They may take the table hehe
Harriet, I have some Dawkins in my family.. way back.My cousin found we are scotch from way back.It is good to pass on to our children. I have old photos of my mom's family and Dads.I just recently saw my Mom's Dad's Photo and  had it copied, it was touching.He died at 30 with pneumonia back then. Mom never saw him, he died before they( she was a twin) were born. Her older sister was 10 when he died and she said "he was the best man she had ever known. He had thick lips like me and was so handsome. My grandfather was a constable, on Dad's side.He had a brother who was a Doctor.
Sharon we have had most of our Grands birthday Parties, why I do not know. we had one at a party place, one here,
with all the moms and dads when small, one at the Teddy bear making place and many more.One of my grands last Birthday's, we took them to NY to the Met museum! How can we top that ha!I kept them while my daughter worked, so
we are really close.
It is finally cool in sunny FL, so nice but what to wear is a problem Harriet..
Kathy, we need to re-do our Kitchen and enjoy your new carpet. I must get busy, hello to Nelle and I miss Terry too!
wonder how Jean/az is doing, fine I hope. Jean/b enjoy your trip! All of you Take care now, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2011, 01:41:40 pm »

Had a good time with Jess and Georgie loved playing
with the dogs.Got to watch Kelsey's games on the
computer. She had a great start to her year.Both
the women and mens team won Friday and Saturdays
games. Teresa brought me the program as Kelsey
was on the cover of it. Kelsey is loving the school and
has made lots of friends.
Not good at being away from home so was happy to get
back last night.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 07:18:46 am »

Well Shoot, a filling fell out of my tooth Sunday.  Haven't called the dentist yet!  Hate that.  Sure hope it wasn't because of MilK Duds!  LOL!  Don't think so, old fillings, old teeth!

I didn't go to Grant's party.  Just stayed home, my cold was bothering me and Jerry didn't seem too excited about going, sooooo, Kim sent me a picture and Grant called me when he got home.  We did go to his ball game last night.  It's the playoffs and his team won, so they play again tonight.

Jean/B, I did see where AJ thanked all his fans.  I carved a jack o'lantern and sent the picture to the fan club page on fb.  Very juvenile carving, but what can I say?  LOL! 

I'm off to call the dentist.  Have a great Tuesday!

That's it, there you go

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 02:39:39 pm »

Hello, nice to be on the board after all that genealocical work. I had a great time at the archives, amazing to see all these old documents on micro-film. I fond relatives back till 1650, i go back in a few weeks because they  have documents till 1500. Seeming our family was and is still fidel to the region here. I fond them all in a circle of 10miles/15km. lol
Harriet, nice to read your ancesters came from England ... maybe it would be nice to know where all of you , AJ Fans, are coming from? ...Anybody else knows ?

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 08:51:16 pm »

Hi Fans!
We had agreat Anniversary weekend. We had to go down to my sister's as my bil was to have surgery,  a rotator cup but
his  red platlets(sp?) were too low, so he had to postpone the surgery.Hopefully he will be ok , he has taken so much blood thinner and has to wear a necklace to show he is a bleeder or he could die. He is in great shape for his age, but I am so glad they didn't do the surgery. I want him to get the best Dr possible. It was very upsetting to me, because I love him like a brother.He may chose not to have the surgery at all, but he has been in such pain..Harriet you understand
being a nurse, but I'm not familar with this procedure..
They took us out to the "Chart House" by the water, for dinner. it was the best meal and we got two souvenir glasses
that the champagne was in and the menu with our names on it . It was delicious and such fun. Their house looks a bit like Alan's in Jupiter, much too big for us to take care of..It was fun, especially after him not having the surgery. I am
really close to my older Sis and she can run circles around me. she is busy always.
She had the house decorated for halloween and in our room she had this arm sticking out of the closet( scared me to death lol) but what was funny, a neighbors cat had gotten in the closet somehow when they had the garage door open and when we went in that room the black cat jumped out, where the arm was LOL.. I told Sis, she really overdid it ha!She had to call her neighbor to get her cat. It must have gotten in the closet when we were getting our clothes out of the car..LOL it seemed like every turn a beeper went off, the security put me on edge..The pool inside was nice..sounds like a waterfall and it's lighted, so nice but the alligator in the pond near the back of the house got on my nerves LOL
we stayed there two nights and then drove home and shopped some on the way..we had a wonderful time. I missed not posting and hearing about Alan and you Guys. Take care all of you, I'm so tired..Jerrie -Sharon sorry you broke that toofer but you might be a hit on Halloween lol no sorry , it was a filling. Don't let them hurt you now. I hate dentist offices ha!

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2011, 12:29:23 pm »

Jean I know my family came from a Germany colony
in Russia. When Catherine the great married the Russian
Czar she took her people from Germany with her becasue they
were good farmers. I have my moms pass board from when
they came over to Canada. They took a boat from England so
I would love to know how they got from Russia to England.
My mom was two and my dad was just a baby when they came
to Canada. How I wished I had asked Grampa more questions.
Had a busy three days with Shirley. I was so tired. We left the house
at 12 on Wed and didn't get home until 7:30. Georgie was not happy
being left alone for that long.
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 07:03:58 pm »

Hi Everyone, I wish you all a wonderful weekend and a fun Halloween.  Thank you Jeri for your hello, it warms my heart.
Take Care and Hugs   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2011, 06:59:11 pm »

This is why I would love for Alan to do a Duet with Carrie, she is such a great young Lady.
I have seen Vince Gill many times and Love him too, but Alan could do a Duet with Carrie and it would be so nice..
Listen to this and a standing ovation too. She said "Alan's was the first concert she went to, when young" an honor

http://www.examiner.com/church-of-christ-in-detroit/how-great-thou-art-as-performed-by-carrie-underwood-vince-gill-video

PS My favorite Song they did at my Dad's funeral Years back.

Jerrie-MS

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2011, 01:12:04 pm »

Happy Halloween to you all. Enjoy the
trick or treaters.
Elaine

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 02:04:27 pm »

Hope everyone on the east coast, that got the snow and high winds  get there power back on soon.     Everyons take care,               Have a  Happy  Halloween.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2011, 10:25:31 pm »

Hi Y'all,
No trick or treaters tonight.  Got my temporary crown on this morning.  The dentist said my mouth would be sore and it is!  Yeow! 

Good to see you Nelle, hope you are doing okay. 

Hello to everyone else!

That's it, there you go

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: