Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 03:30:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: October Prayer Thread  (Read 8721 times)
miamired

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2011, 09:00:18 pm »

Please add your prayer requests here and update the status as necessary.

I know a young person that has cancer, asking for prayer about this.  Chemotherapy and radiation will be starting soon.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 09:23:27 pm »

I shall pray for your friend. My sister who was diagnosed w/B cancer and underwent radiation, just had her second check
and she is still cancer free. I pray she stays cancer free.She is like a second Mother to me and I love her dearly.
God Bless, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »

Prayer for PFC will remain in effect as well as a thank you to Him for not having this young man suffer the loss of limbs.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 01:41:48 pm »

I pray he will not have a bad time going through
chemo and radiation.Everyone handles it so different.
Jeri happy to see your sister is cancer free now.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:51:26 am »

Thanks for starting this, Miamired.  I have another to add, a husband of a friend has been diagnosed with bladder cancer and he will be going through radiation. 

How wonderful that we can pray for one another.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:20:59 pm »

Yes, Miamired, thanks for starting this prayer thread. Thoughts and prayers are being sent to everyone mentioned in this thread who needs them.

My family and I wish to thank you all for your prayers for my FIL and my sister.. Happy to report that my FIL is continousy regaining strength and use of his right hand and wrist. Prayers does work. As for my sister, she had seen her orthopedic surgeon last Wednesday and my family and I are taking not hearing anything more from her since last week that she's doing fine and also on the road to full recovery from the car accident she got herself into. The last we heard from her she noted that she can bear the bruises around her knees and her body but that the aches and pain are the hardest for her to deal with everyday and until she's completely healed and recovered.

My family and I were dealt with another not so good news the 27th of September and for this I'm once again asking for your prayers. Exactly 2 years ago that day, my home and birth country, the Philippines, was hit with a big typhoon that had caused  major flooding that uprooted people from their homes including some members of my family who are still living there. . .my nephews and a niece. The water rose to their ceiling and they had climbed to the roof, rain still pouring hard, and kept their little children in the crawl space between the ceiling and the roof to stay safe and dry while they awaited to be rescued. Two years later and on the exact same date, not one but two big typhoons hit the country again and just like last time, while not as bad, there's been flooding and it left fatalities. My family there are doing fine now while they continue the clean up in their homes of the mess the flooding left. Please pray for the victims of this natural catastrophe and their families, along with members of my family there, and that they will be spared another storm before they could get back to some normalcy in their lives again.

Finally, a very special prayer request for the family and friends of Mr. Steve Jobs, the founder and former CEO of APPLE Computers Inc. and the innovative creator of iPhones, iPads and iPods. Mr. Jobs passed away today after years of battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 56. He once said, "I want to put a ding in the universe." He accomplished that and much, much more. Steve Jobs, you are going to be sorely missed by many. R.I.P.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/05/us/obit-steve-jobs/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
http://www.komonews.com/news/tech/131184233.html

Thank you all,
BHR
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:34:03 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

miamired

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 09:25:10 pm »

Indeed, Steve Jobs was such a contributor to life itself, not just success.  I feel confident that he is at peace, but feel such sadness for our loss.  I pray for comfort to his family and friends and also that his memory not be forgotten and will serve to inspire the younger generation.  I am enclosing a link that a friend made me aware of.  It is one of the greatest speeches that I have ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc&feature=player_detailpage

Amen.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 09:28:08 pm »

Sending Prayers up for all those, whatever the need ."We ask for only a teacup, when all the Ocean is ours" comes to me.
I pray for our Country at these uneasy times for all of us.

Keep The Faith, Jerrie
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:50:23 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 09:49:50 pm »

Miamirad, Thank You so much for starting this thread! My Uncle Fred in Florida was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, Stage 3. All prayers will be appreciated as he is on several local church prayer lists. My Uncle Fred and Aunt Helen went with me to UCF arena in Orlando to see AJ. That was the night Alan autographed a guitar and give it to the little girl in front of me.  So cool..... They had a blast!!! I will be praying for others on the thread listed plus anyone else in need. Thanks so much!!!!
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 10:16:42 pm »

Prayers for everyone!  After reading AnitaMartina's thread regarding her being 13 year survivor of breast cancer, I am reminded of how prayer and gratitude are go hand in hand.  As we pray, may we give thanks for Anita's cancer survival.  May his healing hand come to all those that we pray about and have yet to discover.  May his healing hand provide comfort to those who are suffering the heartache of loving someone in need and those mourning loss.

Amen.
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 05:36:23 am »

Miamired, I think you meant to write Gwen as the 13 year survivor of breast cancer.  I have just known many who have had it and have survived.

My prayers are out to all who have posted a prayer for someone they know.  Also, my prayers are for a father of my brother's friend, who was just diagnosed with Leukemia.  He has started his chemo this week.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 12:59:11 pm »

My prayers go out to all who have survived
cancer and those fighting it. Been through that with
my hubby and you need all the support you can get.
Hugs Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 04:16:25 pm »

My prayers go out to all who have survived
cancer and those fighting it. Been through that with
my hubby and you need all the support you can get.
Hugs Elaine

Amen Elaine! You must fight it and seek the best treatments too!
I also went through it with my mother at the end of her life.
I remember your mentioning your hubby a lot, but it seems like Yesterday.
Hugs and Prayers to All survivors, Jerrie

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: