Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 04:47:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Very nice video by Alan for For george Jones  (Read 15283 times)
miamired

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2011, 11:51:31 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY8S-MZxyzY&feature=player_detailpage
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 12:16:37 am »

Many thanks for this video, miamired.   WOW..just wonderful.
Great job, Alan and Strayhorns.  Looking forward to October 4th.  YEE HAW

miamired

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 07:49:40 am »

I loved Alan's performance, it was so sincere, you could tell by his facial expressions, his voice, as always country soulful and melts in to you.  However, George chewing his gum annoyed the heck outta me, thought it was distracting and disrespectful.  I am certain that this was not Georges intention, hope his wife mentions something to him.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 08:18:10 am »

Thanks for sharing this video, miamired!!  I loved Alan's performance too!  Looking forward to October 4th!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 09:24:15 am »

Okay, I am melted into a puddle looking at that clip.  I couldn't wait to see it.  WOW!  He sang that beautiful
song to perfection.
(Agree about the gum...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:30:02 am by jinx47 » Logged

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 10:32:19 am »

Many thanks for this video, miamired.   WOW ... fantastic!!!!!  No kidding about "melting into a puddle" ... AWESOME job Alan!!!  (great seeing Denise in the audience).
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 11:22:10 am »

Oh my, that was wonderful!!   Love it, love it, love it!!  Denise looked beautiful!
Thanks for sharing miamired.   

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Karen4306

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 11:24:32 am »

Beautiful video.  Alan & the Strayhorns performed it so well.  Love the tipping of the hat and the credit to his band.  True southern gentleman.  One of my all-time favorite songs.
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 02:14:01 pm »

Thanks for the link Miamired! Great performance of Alan.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 07:00:03 pm »

That was beautiful ! Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to the show on Oct. 4 !!
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 08:55:12 pm »

I am so sad to say that I do not get GAC, grrrr!  Can someone remind me when it appears on their website, I always have so many things going on at once.   I could not agree more with all of your comments, esp. the one regarding the southern gentleman gesture of tipping his hat.  I hope that Alan sings this classic on his tour, which will hopefully be in Fla. very soon!
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 09:12:17 pm »

Woo hoo!  When I first look at this video, there were 11 views of it on YouTube, there are now 430!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:15:33 pm by miamired » Logged
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 10:04:54 pm »

whooeee!   I can hardly wait to watch this when it airs on GAC.  I can hear it on you tube but it won't stream correctly and the video is all stop and start choppy.  I think it's my sad old computer.  LOL

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 12:13:56 pm »

Imagine being there and seeing this one LIVE, as we were.  Alan's and the StrayHorns , just a  great Tribute! George seemed even more pleased with Alan up on stage. George Jones Sure doesn't look his age and his wife is so sweet seemingly. Denise seemed so happy in this video and I'm sure Alan was honored, to do this song for his friend.
Brings back lots of memories of those times. George seemed touched to me, perhaps the gum chewing was to keep from
tearing up..It seemed like the Ole Days at the Grand Ole Opry, when Alan called him "King George!"

Seems strange to see a Video of a show that hubby took this exact photo of, from the Mezzanine.
Great job Alan and the StrayHorns! we had a wonderful time watching it there and hearing it.

Thanks for posting the video. I wasn't sure they wanted us to see it  before the GAC show etc.. but nice to see it.
Yes. Denise looked lovely & happy! I was in awe of Alan  Singing for his Friend! He was so into the Song and so was the StrayHorns! Other admirers sent messages to George, Trace Adkins and Leeann Rhimes I believe. They had a pre-celebration near the Opry, so perhaps this explains the Gum.
Jerrie-MS
So happy Dizzy , Mazie ,and  Becky got to see this too! Sorry I missed seeing Becky somehow, but Mazie and Dizzy were enjoying this so much.I was so enthralled in Alan singing this Song!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:56:59 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 03:54:03 pm »

It was a AWESOME NIGHT.I was there got to go up to the stage while he was singing.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: