Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 03:35:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lost Notebook  (Read 8260 times)
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:40:11 pm »

Don't forget this cd of songs based on Hank Williams lost notebook drops on Oct. 4th.  You can pre-order at Amazon and The Opry store.  Possibly elsewhere.  Here is a link to Amazon to listen to clips of all the songs.  I think Alan's contribution is most "Hank like" in my opinion.  Good job Alan!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B005F23NMK/ref=pd_krex_listen_dp_img?ie=UTF8&refTagSuffix=dp_img

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 01:36:52 am »

Thanks Becky for the reminder.....was wondering when the release date would be.
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:30:31 pm »

Totally agree....Alan is the very best of all.  Thanks Becky.

Karen4306

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:27:00 am »

Just ordered my copy.   Smiley  If you read the article posted on this website you will read that Alan was the first artist asked by Bob Dylan to contribute to this project.  Pretty impressive.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 01:06:54 pm »

Great article, will buy this one for sure and perhaps an older album of Hanks work I see listed!
I'm sure all of these professionals, were honored to do this work. They knew his style etc.. I think it's an Honor.
quote;
Alan also said "“You’ve Been Lonesome, Too” The song I chose was pretty complete, where some of the others felt a little more rambling. The melody just kind of jumped out — that was the easy part. I wanted it to be a tribute, to do it as much like Hank as I could. I recorded with the same instrumentation he used, no drums. I was trying to sing like Hank. The guys in the band all said it felt kind of haunting in the studio.Everybody got goose bumps."unquote

Alan has always been a huge Hank Williams admirer, from all I have read. I loved Alan's clip, I remember how Hank Sounded and Alan really got his one down, using his lingo and instruments. He did great, what can I say! I appreciate the other's for their admiration & expertise of Hank's work also. A Great Era of Country Music!

AS far as finishing a great work, such as this. I think there will be no judgment on doing it. Look at Mozart," A number of composers have paid homage to Mozart by writing sets of variations on his themes. Beethoven wrote four such sets." etc.
Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 12:31:55 pm »

I got my CD on Thursday from Amazon.   I love Alan's song - really evokes that Hank vibe.  Great job Alan!!   Also really liked Patty Loveless's contribution - she is the best female country singer IMO. 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 02:34:53 pm »

I got my CD on Thursday from Amazon.   I love Alan's song - really evokes that Hank vibe.  Great job Alan!!   Also really liked Patty Loveless's contribution - she is the best female country singer IMO. 

Kathy, I agree with you on Patty Loveless. How great that Alan contributed to this project.

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 08:53:48 pm »

I thought Alan did the best also.

I alsso thought Patty loveless did real good.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Karen4306

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 09:54:07 pm »

Totally agree that Alan did the best job on this CD.  I also enjoyed reading the story behind the project in the CD insert.  Glad I ordered a copy.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:37:57 am »

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I have been looking for the CD in stores and no luck finding it yet.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:37:29 am »

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I have been looking for the CD in stores and no luck finding it yet.

I found my copy in the Pop Rock section at WalMart. I was just playing on a hunch that that's where they may have placed it, as Bob Dylan produced it and it was released by his record label, Egyptian Records, which is not a country music record label company, when I decided to check it from there and found it. Hope this helps.

BHR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: