Alan Jackson
October 08, 2024, 09:16:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Ole Opry Returns To Cable For Limited Run  (Read 4036 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2011, 06:36:19 am »

http://www.radio-info.com/news/grand-ole-opry-returns-to-cable-for-limited-run

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grand Ole Opry Returns To Cable For Limited Run

The Grand Ole Opry radio show is returning to television, but only for a limited run. The Opry will return to GAC: Great American Country, the network that once carried weekly Opry broadcasts, for six “Opry Live” episodes to begin airing Oct. 4. The first show scheduled to air, an 80th birthday salute to country legend George Jones, was filmed last night and will feature performances by Alan Jackson, Jamey Johnson, The Oak Ridge Boys and Lee Ann Womack. Shows airing on Saturdays (with repeats Sundays and Tuesdays) in subsequent weeks will feature a who’s who of new stars, superstars, and legends of country music, including: Trace Adkins, Lauren Alaina, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Sara Evans, Martina McBride, Ronnie Dunn, Scotty McCreery, Kellie Pickler, Rascal Flatts, LeAnn Rimes, Randy Travis, Josh Turner, Carrie Underwood and more. Airdates will be announced at opry.com and gactv.com.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 06:45:25 am »

Thanks Beth - after listening to the Opry last night online, it will be really great to see it on TV!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 08:11:38 am »

Thanks, Beth. This is great. Can't wait to see the Opry again.

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 10:29:33 am »

The first show will be aired on October 4th and will feature the Tuesday night show from last week that I attended. The show was outstanding and I can't wait to see it again on GAC.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: