Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 07:50:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Show  (Read 8905 times)
Peggiejc

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:48:32 pm »

Hey, any of you going to the Tulsa show.  I am sooooooo excited as always.  Got a little bit of a fix last night at the The Concert for Hope on TV, but really there is nothing like seeing Alan in person.
Karen4306

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:46:27 pm »

Yes, I am going to the Tulsa show.  I'm really excited because I won a Meet & Greet Pass!!  Nervous as a cat right now. Wink. This will be our third AJ concert.
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 01:45:35 pm »

Congrats Karen on your Meet & Greet - have fun - it goes by fast.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:34:22 pm »

Congratulations on the M&G Karen - enjoy every minute!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 08:42:42 pm »

Congrats on your meet and greet for Tulsa I will be looking for one in Macon
 after 20 yrs it would be a big surprise....don.t  know what I would do with
 my twin she want to see him also....

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Peggiejc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 03:01:56 pm »

Congrats on the Meet and Great.  It should be a thrill of a life time.  I never tire of seeing him.
Peggiejc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 03:03:02 pm »

By the way this is my 26th AJ concert.!! Been all over thr US seeing him.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 03:40:48 pm »

Karen Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy every moment and you will remember it forever!!
He is super, super nice and think of all you want to ask him or say to him, as you might be in such awe of the man, you might forget LOL I did..  YOU my dear, are in for a treat!

Dizzy , When you go up, just ask the people in charge if Mazie can go with you, explain that you are Twins ok..
Good Luck to you on this! So glad my hubby brought his Laptop to read Email etc.. hehe Nice to see Ya'll at the Opry!

Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Karen4306

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 03:03:16 pm »

Thank you everyone.  Alan's concert last night was awesome.  He chatted with the audience more than I've ever seen him do.

The Meet & Greet happened so quickly.  Didn't have much time other than to introduce myself, take the picture, and say goodbye.  He responded to my introduction with "Hi Karen how ya doing?". Then he just put his arm around me & I put mine on his waist.  He's SO tall!  I had 2 inch heels on and barely came to just beneath his shoulder.  I love his voice; so soft & smooth. 

Also saw a few band members back stage.  Roger gave away a few guitar picks but ran out before he got to me.  Marty was very friendly too.  Awesome experience!!
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 03:54:42 pm »

Know what you mean Karen.  I saw Alan at a Meet and Greet in Everett, Wa., 8/19/11.   It happens so fast that you are gone before you realize.   Gave Alan a t-shirt from the Alaska Hot Rod Association since he likes cars.  He thanked me, they took the picture and I was gone.   Whew......what happened.    Praying for another chance, I am taking a chair and  not moving.  lol
It was lovely and I am still in awe.   

okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 11:39:14 pm »

Hey Karen, I was there at the meet and greet in Tulsa too!  Only I didn't even get to introduce myself!  I was all the way up to Alan before he even turned my direction--he was distracted with something over to one side so I lost a fair amount of my significantly "less than a minute" time with him.  Darn!  He stuck out his hand and shook mine and saw my signed hat and mentioned he must have signed that somewhere...I said Good Time and dropped the hat to the floor, they snapped the pic and it was pretty much over.  As I walked off I mentioned I had seen him 3 times this year...I told him "I went all the way to Sydney to see you and then you end up coming to MY TOWN"!!!!!!  Hard to recall but I think he chuckled or grinned and I was outta there!  DId you see when Mark (fiddler) walked by all of us with his entire family??  That was cool.  They must love it when he comes home and they get to see him do what he does!!
Alan sounded great as always but we were distracted quite a bit by the loud young kids near us up front.  Even during WWY they talked loudly and stuff as if they came just to stand around and socialize.  It seemed so disrespectful.  I am used to it being so quiet during that song.  There were lots of couples and groups up there since they sold the PIT tickets.  Most of them didn't even sing along with the songs so that tells me they were just there to be close up.  Of course only one or two of us sang along on the new song (Margarita bug) since we know they don't play and new AJ stuff on the radio in our town!  BTW we must have been close in line cuz when RB did the pics he stopped a few folks in front of me too :-)
Peggiejc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 10:24:16 am »

Tulsa show was as usual awesome.  Someone said the arena was only half full. I think it was like almost full. (At least 100 -150 were standing in front of the stage)
The new way they did the logistics has to be addressed. To put non fan club people in front of us was like a slap in the face.
I do have to say thanks to the crew member that interviewed us on what we thought about the crowd of stand ups. I let him know that it was not a good thing and does Alan know that his fan club has been pushed back 25 feet? Anyway he came back during the concert and gave me an autographed picture of Alan. A very nice gesture as he knew I was not happy!!!!As other people have stated they were loud, drunk and did not know his songs. (The couple he talked to in the front row were not fan club members. They won their tickets) If this is how they are going to treat us we do not need to be fan club members. My husband and I have traveled all over the US to see Alan and always stay up until midnight when the tickets go on sale to get the best seats. Are they doing this in other cities.? I still love Alan !!!!!!!!!
Karen4306

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 03:46:03 pm »

Okiefan - I remember you!  You were just two people behind me.  A dad & his cute daughter were in-between us.  I remember the hat.

We didn't get seats on the floor because I was afraid of just what you and others mentioned.  We were sitting in section 121 row F and had a great view. 

I wondered about the others who were there for a M & G but had several in their group.  I figured they must have been radio contest winners because we were not allowed to bring a guest.  I don't know how other M&G's go but I agree that fan club members should have priority.

It was a great show though.  Everyone in our section was quiet & respectful during Where Were You.  I've seen Alan three times and at every concert the audience has been super quiet during that song, as they should be.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: