Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 04:37:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE ALERT: "A CONCERT FOR HOPE" LIVE BROADCAST  (Read 3547 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:59:33 am »

The following live tv/radio broadcast update of "A CONCERT FOR HOPE", which will now be held at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts due the to the damage caused by the falling crane accident, is now posted at the CALL TO COMPASSION website. Here it is:

A Concert for Hope will be broadcast live beginning at 8 PM on CallToCompassion.com (WEBCAST) as well as the following affiliates:

C-SPAN
NPR
ABC affiliates:

WJLA-TV, Washington, DC
WHTM-TV, Harrisburg-York-Lebanon-Lancaster, PA
WSET-TV, Lynchburg, VA
WCIV, Charleston, SC
WCFT-TV/WJSU-TV, Birmingham-Tuscaloosa-Anniston, AL
KATV, Little Rock, AR
KTUL, Tulsa, OK

(check your local cable tv channel listing for C-Span)

NOTE: I think ABC did an injustice to all of the Americans who would have wanted to have watched on their tv netwrok this very meaningful concert commemorating the horrific 9/11 event by having their broadcast of it in syndication. My son sent a message of inquiry to the organizer of CALL TO COMPASSION through their website's CONTACT page. Here's the response he received:

Gary -- The answer is not very helpful, but it is straightforward. The local affiliate in DC, WJLA, has a long relationship with the Cathedral. The folks who own WJLA also own six other stations--the stations that are carrying the broadcast. We do, of course, hope that additional stations will decide to carry the telecast, but currently we have the commitment of these seven. The webcast will be the same program, so we hope you will be able to join us online.

As per the response my son received on his inquiry from our local ABC affiliate, which I posted here earlier on the UPDATE..... thread that I started, ABC Networking Corp. have to make contact to all their networking affiliates about special programming like this one to ask them if they want to include said programming in their local listing schedule before the affiliates can/will broadcast it. But for some reason(s) unknown to all of us and anyone, they have chosen to go for the syndication route. HARRIET, I'm with you on your sentiment in this regard. I, too, will not be able forgive ABC for this.

BHR
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:02:50 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 08:16:25 pm »

We just had the honor of see "The Concert of Hope" at the Kennedy Center, byo C-Span..( Thanks BHR for telling of this)

I was amazed that Alan had the first Song in the ceremony, he was so at his best, considering he was using the President's ceremonial band w/ his band members included in unison. He got such a warm reception. He showed his professional ability, after having changed venue's etc.. I am so Proud of Alan for his part in this ceremony.I am so very Proud to be a Fan of Alan Jackson's and I love all of his work and The StrayHorns!

The rest was amazing also..a real Concert of Hope for our beloved country.The President, Vice President and First Lady
were there also.The President gave a good ceremonial speech & Quotes from the Bible.
I am so Proud of our people and how we always stand together in hard times , but then that's the Spirit of the USA!
God Bless You All, Jerrie
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 08:33:06 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Patti

patriciasellars
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 08:27:21 pm »

Did not get to see it, do not get C Span, I hope they replay it on CMT or GAC or something.

Patti   
Livin on Love in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 09:26:08 am »

I regrettfully did not get to see it either. I was jumping from one station to the other looking for it. All I could remember was ABC station, and did see Anderson Cooper but it wasn't at a Cathedral so I just figured it was airing at all in Indy. If anyone hears of a replay, let us all know. I did see a bit of it on the late night news and it did show Alan singing for a second. My husband and I participated in a 911 "Ride to Remember" yesterday in Indianapolis for the unveiling of Indy's 911 memorial which showcased 2 beams from the World Trade Center. There was also a flag from the area draped on a fire engine. My son is a fireman and worked yesterday. All the fire stations in Indy pulled the engines out of the firehouses and blared their horns exactly at 1pm as a sign of remembrance.

I can't wait to see Alan (and others) at the Opry tomorrow night. Hope to meet Jeri, dizzy and whoever else is going. Take care.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: