Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 09:02:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE ALERT: "A CONCERT FOR HOPE" LIVE BROADCAST  (Read 10890 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:56:19 am »

The following live tv/radio broadcast update of "A CONCERT FOR HOPE", which will now be held at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts due the to the damage caused by the falling crane accident, is now posted at the CALL TO COMPASSION website. Here it is:

A Concert for Hope will be broadcast live beginning at 8 PM on CallToCompassion.com (WEBCAST) as well as the following affiliates:

C-SPAN
NPR
ABC affiliates:

WJLA-TV, Washington, DC
WHTM-TV, Harrisburg-York-Lebanon-Lancaster, PA
WSET-TV, Lynchburg, VA
WCIV, Charleston, SC
WCFT-TV/WJSU-TV, Birmingham-Tuscaloosa-Anniston, AL
KATV, Little Rock, AR
KTUL, Tulsa, OK

(check your local cable tv channel listing for C-Span)

NOTE: I think ABC did an injustice to all of the Americans who would have wanted to have watched on their tv netwrok this very meaningful concert commemorating the horrific 9/11 event by having their broadcast of it in syndication. My son sent a message of inquiry to the organizer of CALL TO COMPASSION through their website's CONTACT page. Here's the response he received:

Gary -- The answer is not very helpful, but it is straightforward. The local affiliate in DC, WJLA, has a long relationship with the Cathedral. The folks who own WJLA also own six other stations--the stations that are carrying the broadcast. We do, of course, hope that additional stations will decide to carry the telecast, but currently we have the commitment of these seven. The webcast will be the same program, so we hope you will be able to join us online.

As per the response my son received on his inquiry from our local ABC affiliate, which I posted here earlier on the UPDATE..... thread that I started, ABC Networking Corp. have to make contact to all their networking affiliates about special programming like this one to ask them if they want to include said programming in their local listing schedule before the affiliates can/will broadcast it. But for some reason(s) unknown to all of us and anyone, they have chosen to go for the syndication route. HARRIET, I'm with you on your sentiment in this regard. I, too, will not be able forgive ABC for this.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 11:18:12 am »

Thanks, Ann. I can watch it on CSPAN. I really don't understand ABC's decisions on this matter.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 12:50:44 pm »

Thanks, Ann. I can watch it on CSPAN. I really don't understand ABC's decisions on this matter.
Harriet, like you, I can get C-Span Yea! It is also streaming from the link I posted, at 8 PM est

"Concert of Hope"

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 01:49:25 pm »

BHR, thank you so much for posting about C Span.  I never would have known that if you didn't
let us know.  I was so happy to see it on my TV guide.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 03:27:14 pm »

Thanks, BHR - got it set to record!!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 07:25:02 pm »

Alan sang  'Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning' within the first 15 minutes of the show.   'Thank You Alan' ... you make me so very proud to be a huge fan of yours.

God Bless America
Gladys
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 07:36:11 pm »

Alan was fabulous and a class act.    Bless you.

Marian

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 08:02:35 pm »

Thank You, Alan for singing Where Were You at the Concert for Hope. You did a wnderful job & I am so proud to be a fan of yours.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 08:21:34 pm »

Thank you BHR and Harriet for letting us know about CSPAN. I got to watch ALAN on CSPAN and he did such a wonderful
job of singing WHERE WERE YOU. THANK you ALAN for that great song. GOD BLESS YOU. HUGS to BHR & HARRIET nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 08:44:49 pm »

First off, for all the thank yous, you're all welcome. I got a bit emotional as Alan was performing WWY. I did noticed him getting a bit emotional as well as he was singing it and I love the little bit of change on how he sang it. I think he made a mention of that in one of his recent interviews about his appearance on this special concert. Just like the rest of you, I'm very proud of Alan and being a fan of his.

I'd like to make mention of this too. My son went to the CALL FOR COMPASSION website, where they did the webcast of this concert, while we were watching it on tv and found they have the program for this special concert posted on their website. I had him print it out for me and saved it on my thumbs/flash drive. It's 16 pages long and included a list of all the victims that perish during the 9/11 attack. Here's the link where you can print your own program from (hope it works for you all):

http://wncimages.s3.amazonaws.com/911sundayprogramcooper.pdf

I have to let you all know also that on that program, Alan was listed to perform a second song following the performance of a choir. I don't know what happen, however, that this second performance was skipped. He was supposed to sing REMEMBER WHEN. I don't know about you all, but, to me Alan singing that song for that occasion is just a little bit odd. I mean, unless he changed some of the lyrics to make it more appropriate for the occasion, it just doesn't sound quite fitting. It maybe just me.

Here's a link to concert event schedule announcement you all also might want to print out (it has great picture of Alan):

http://www.calltocompassion.com/event-schedule/

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 01:52:44 pm »

BHR, I think Remember When would be appropriate for the families who lost thier loved ones & are rembering what it was like while they still had them.

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 03:48:41 pm »

BHR, I think Remember When would be appropriate for the families who lost thier loved ones & are rembering what it was like while they still had them.

Harriet, I do agree with you. However, the reason that I had said that it doesn't seemed appropriate as based on how they had the concert set up last night as shown in their program. I don't know if you had taken a look at the program from the link I provided. Here's how it was set up:

MUSICAL PRELUDE
Welcome
Opening
HOPE IN LOSS
Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning (Alan Jackson)
Address
HOPE IN LOVE
Two Steps Away (Patti LaBelle)
HOPE IN DARKNESS
Chichester Psalms - Movement 2
(Marine Chamber Orchestra and Washington National Cathedral Choir)
Remember When (Alan Jackson)
HOPE IN PEACE
Let There Be Peace On Earth (Denyce Graves)
INTERFAITH BENEDICTION
Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim and Christian Representatives
CLOSE
Amazing Grace
(sung by all)

To me, in this case at least, I think "Sissy's Song" may have been more appropriate as, at least for me, in a way it symbolizes hope in the midst of sorrow or, in this case, darkness. Again, just my opinion.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 08:12:15 pm »

You know, I think maybe Alan did not sing again because Patty LaBelle sang for so long.

Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 11:52:00 am »

Remember When would have been superb at the end.  LaBelle's performance really held the stage too long. 
Maybe....Alan sang it after the broadcast?Huh    I was surprised that they did not stand after Alan's singing but maybe it was because of the emotion and respect for the song?

Marian

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 02:13:29 pm »

Remember When would have been superb at the end.  LaBelle's performance really held the stage too long. 
Maybe....Alan sang it after the broadcast?Huh    I was surprised that they did not stand after Alan's singing but maybe it was because of the emotion and respect for the song?

Marian

Marian, I think Country Fans would have stood for Alan but this audience was probably pretty diverse & could be the first time they heard Where Were You & many of then really probaly did not know Alan.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: