Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 07:02:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW TRADITIONAL  (Read 8016 times)
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:09:10 pm »

I thought I had all of AJ's CD's, but this is one I do not have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0K820covXw&feature=related

1. Ain't Your Memory Got No Pride At All
2. Just Forget It, Son
3. Merle And George
4. Don't Touch Me
5. Break Out The Good Stuff
6. The Steal Of The Night
7. When The Cat Goes Out
8. I Couldn't Care More
9. They Call Me A Playboy
10. W. Lee O'Daniel And The Light Crust Dough Boys
11. You're Not Drinkin' Enough

LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 09:32:32 am »

What a treat !  - I will have to say some of them sound like Alan and others don''t -  Would be nice to add this to our collection of AJ music -  Wonder where you can get it.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 12:56:13 pm »

OMG...love that "Don't Touch Me"...I would love to get this CD too....

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 03:13:18 pm »

Great Song! So nice to hear Songs of Alan's we haven't heard before. Great Voice & getting better all the time!

This Song seems to fit now on these days leading up to 9-11..http://youtu.be/ri7nkyuj3o8

I have heard this one at almost every Concert and cried. The first time I heard it i lost control. Now I hold up a light Like most of the audience when hearing Alan sing this.. No finer voice and Song! I simply Love it and Thank Alan for
writing it for our country and all who suffered loss. I think the Song helped us all to heal, in our own way..
I saw  this on TV and it was so touching and Alan teared up..

Be safe and God Bless, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 12:54:37 am »

I love this cd, I got this from a friend as a gift..
However I do not think this is an official release..

AJ IS THE BEST
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 09:24:06 am »

Kimberly,
No, this was the tribute at NY on the five year mark. Think it's been ten years now and it still touches millions, I was speaking of "Where Were You" the Song. The Fireman holding up the photos literally crying. Alan later had some NY firemen flown to a comcert I attended. It could have been this fireman and other NY ones.It was a touching time.
Never Forget! Jerrie
I have the original too.

kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 09:41:31 am »

Jeri, I think you're missing the point here, I was talking about the new traditional cd of Alan that has never been released as an official cd.  It's got nothing to do with WWY song although I happen to know that too..
a friend of mine who lives in the U.S sent me the tape she recorded from tv on the 9/11 event..

AJ IS THE BEST
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 10:07:26 pm »

I have this CD.  I found it on e-bay a few years ago after I heard about it.  I think it was "controversial" in that it was not official and there may have been a law suit involved.  Not sure about any of that though.  It is a great piece to have in your AJ collection.  Some of them you'll be scratching your head saying is that really Alan?  But others you can tell right away it's him.  My favorite is his cover of Jeannie Seely's "Don't Touch Me".  WOW, WOW, WOW!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:25:47 pm by AlanfanBecky » Logged

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 09:46:59 am »

I have this CD.  I found it on e-bay a few years ago after I heard about it.  I think it was "controversial" in that it was not official and there may have been a law suit involved.  Not sure about any of that though.  It is a great piece to have in your AJ collection.  Some of them you'll be scratching your head saying is that really Alan?  But others you can tell right away it's him.  My favorite is his cover of Jeannie Seely's "Don't Touch Me".  WOW, WOW, WOW!

This CD is listed on e-bay today.  See link below if interested.  I dearly LOVE Alan, but I won't be buying at this price.  ha ha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rarest-Country-CDs-Auction-10-22-Alan-Jackson-New-Traditional-/170695030596?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item27be377744

Gladys
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 01:06:29 pm »

Maybe Alan will put out this as a single, since Fans love it so! It is nice and love that sound. His voice today is better!
Not to be rude but;

My husband just checked and our TV says C-Span, Kennedy Center 8 PM est "Concert of Hope" YeA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will be cry time for me. This day has been so sad.

They had a flyover at the Titan & Jaguar Game today. It was a terror for me, as we didn't know they were doing it and the flight path was right over our house. IT was wayyy loud and I thought we had a threat or something. Imagine how those in that plane in PA were feeling, talking to loved ones.Children not born then, will have  a History lesson today.
God Bless them all, we saw Hero's and we should give a salute to our Troops today also. Thanks to them for fighting
for the USA! a Lot of lives lost in this endeavor too. Salute~ to all Our Hero's in the Military too and
Thank You for serving.
 God Bless, Jerrie

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: