Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 04:27:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATES: Alan's 9/11 10th Anniversary TV Shows Appearances  (Read 2960 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2011, 08:07:03 pm »

Just an FYI for all of you reading this:

"WHEN POP CULTURE SAVED AMERICA"
For those of you who missed it last Monday, Sept. 5, BIO CHANNEL will broadcast this show again on Sunday evening, Sept. 11. Check your local tv listing for the correct time.

"A CONCERT FOR HOPE"
My son sent an email of inquiry to our local ABC affiliates about the airing of this show. Here's an excerpt of the response he received:

"Thanks for contacting us. I’ve reviewed the programming announcements from ABC for the last few days (including September 1st) and have not found any advisories about this concert.

In following your link, I notice this:

“ The Pentagon Channel, ABC7/WJLA-TV as well as numerous other affiliates of ABC nationwide will broadcast “A Concert for Hope” live on Sunday, Sept. 11, 8-9 p.m. ET.”

This tells me that the special is most likely a syndicated program, for which an independent deal between distributor and station would be made. We were not approached by this distributor. If, however the full network plans to carry the concert (but has yet to advise us), WSB will clear whatever ABC feeds us that evening."

On the link below, I just saw a list of ABC affiliates that will broadcast it. If you don't see your local ABC affiliates listed there, I encourage you to make contact with ABC. I don't know that this will help "make" ABC change their minds and give this special event a nationwide broadcasting, and you will probably all get the same automated response that I did, but, if any of you wish or would like to send ABC a message to make them aware that a lot of people out there who can't afford to make a trip to DC or to pay for the tickets to be part of this commemoration event would very much want to be able to watch it on television at the very least, here's how you do it:

a) Go to www.ABC.com or www.abc.go.com.
b) Scroll all the way down at the homepage.
c) Under COMPANY INFORMATION, click on CONTACT ABC.
d) Fill out the required form and leave your message in the message/dialogue box.

I don't know about you all, but, I sure don't want to miss watching this special concert event and rather that I watch it on tv than online from my computer. The link below gives all the details pertaining to this special concert event to include where it will be streamed online (you will need to scroll down a bit). Thanks for your help in trying to make the broadcast of this special concert event nationwide happen. Appreciate it.

http://www.calltocompassion.com/event-schedule/#event5

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:12:47 pm »

Thanks, BHR & I sent this letter to them:

I don't understand why Sunday Night's Concert for Hope is not being broadcast at more stations. I live in the Atlanta Metro Area which includes Alan Jackson's hometown of Newnan. Why are we denied the opportunity of seeing Alan & the other great performers on the show. What else is so important to broadcast on 9/11's 10th Anniversary than this concert?Please reconsider your broadcast decision.
Harriet Abusaid
Marietta, GA

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 07:26:02 pm »

Harriet, thank you for sending that message to ABC network. I appreciate that. It escapes me why they chose to make this a syndicated program/show, as important and meaningful to everyone this show is, and chose instead to show the rerun of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" at that hour. I can understand that maybe it's because they're also doing a special 20/20  9-11 10th anniversary memorial show later on that evening, but, is there anything wrong with doing these two shows back to back? Honestly, I think more people will be tuning in to their network that night if they broadcast both shows. I hope more people will send their messages to ABC so they'll be encouraged to broadcast "A Concert For Hope". Thanks, again, Harriet.

UPDATE: "A Concert of Hope" has been moved to the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts probably due in part to the minor damage the National Cathedral had from the recent earthquake. It still is only going to be shown on the following ABC network affiliates:

WJLA-TV, Washington, DC
WHTM-TV, Harrisburg-York-Lebanon-Lancaster, PA
WSET-TV, Lynchburg, VA
WCIV, Charleston, SC
WCFT-TV/WJSU-TV, Birmingham-Tuscaloosa-Anniston, AL
KATV, Little Rock, AR
KTUL, Tulsa, OK

ALL: If you don't see your local ABC network affiliate on the list above and haven't sent ABC your messages, PLEASE do so if you want to be able to watch this concert on your tv. Thank you.

BHR
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:47:23 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: