Alan Jackson
May 07, 2024, 01:14:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK fans  (Read 7728 times)
Loopyjude

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2009, 05:37:32 am »

Hello everybody,

If there are any more UK fans out there reading this, how about we all get together and persuade Alan to come over and do a concert here.  I saw Martina McBride here in London on Friday and she had a good time, so I think Alan would!!!

Or we could have an AJ convention on our own somewhere central?

Any ideas to promote Alan over here?

Thoughts please!!

AlanGEngland

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 08:12:17 am »

Hi,

We saw Martina McBride too. We are off to see AJ in Norway, after originally planning to see him in Denmark! The concert was changed without notice, it has cost a fortune to rearrange flights and accommodation. It caused quite a stir on the old website but all the posts about it have disappeared on this new version. There were quite a few English fans that are missing out now.

If the promoters can do that, we have little chance of getting AJ to England. It has taken him 19 years to come back to Europe. Apparently, according to all the marketing stuff it is because 'Good Time' has gone platinum in Norway and 20,000 tickets sold out very quickly!  So the only way to get a concert here seems to be for one of his albums to sell a shed load of copies.

I know there are lots of fans of AJ here in England but it seems to count for little but I would be willing to join any efforts to get him here. Off to Denmark to see Mark Chesnutt now. It's tough being an English country music fan but it's worth it!

Alan G, St Albans
caz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 09:37:17 am »

Hi
Have been asking that question for about five years I think the only way I'll ever see him is to go to america
country89

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 09:21:10 pm »

i have seen him in 2006,2007,2008,2009
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: