Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 11:44:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A&E: Alan To Perform On 9-11 Special - Sept. 5  (Read 3806 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2011, 02:31:22 pm »

Alan will be performing WWY at another 9-11 10th anniversary commemoration special. He's been ask to be part of the A&E's "When Pop Culture Saved America" segment of their special tv programming in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of 9-11. It will air on Sept 5 at 8PM. Read details here:

http://www.nashville.com/music/2011/08/alan-jackson-to-be-featured-on-ae-911-special/

http://blog.gactv.com/blog/2011/08/31/alan-jackson-to-perform-where-were-you-on-10th-anniversary-of-911/  (last paragraph)

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 05:26:41 pm »

Thanks for the links, BHR. I hope to watch both programs. We have overseas company right now but still hoping to see these 2 shows.

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 08:34:41 pm »

This makes me so happy so glad the song is being used for the special occasion.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 11:14:56 pm »

We saw Alan on the Bio channel and he was so great talking about writing the Song"Where Were You" and what led up to the feelings and way they experienced that horrific Day.. He did great and they played the Song, when he performed it before. He said" People had told him how much that song meant to them." If he only knew how it helped so many through this, he would be so Happy. He was so good on his part of this good show. We should never forget this and
still go on with our lives with Faith and Love as God Intends for us to.

I feel no hatred for others, it's just not in me. I did feel shock and so very sad at all who were lost and families left. All the things that happend that horrific Day..Life goes on and "I thank God I Have someone to Love" as Alan so eloquently put it , in his Song..Thank God for this Song of healing for so many.My Thanks to Alan for writing this Anthem like Song for our Beloved Country.

I think we did most of all the Things, Alan included in this Song. I called my Mother, to just hear her voice, in shock perhaps. Thanks to Alan for His part in this Special tonight,"When Pop Culture Saved America."
It changed our Country perhaps but we must Love and go on with our lives and not let the terriorist win. Never Forget!

These people were terrorists of different origins. Thank God we have Freedon of Religion and many other Freedoms that
some do not.. . Just a  great Special and how NY and Lives, were affected that Day.. Seems like ten years has passed so quickly..I will never forget all the Hero's and all that people did for us in NY, after this.The Fireman were so special and many others, too many to mention.. Thanks to Alan for his part in this amazing  Special. God Bless, Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:50:03 am »

Oh darned..I missed it. We were just getting home from Dale Hollow Lake. Does anyone know if it will air again? I'm so happy to hear Alan was invited to be a part of it. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: