Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 06:01:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan To Perform in Washington DC!  (Read 10066 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:46:30 am »

Congrats to Alan! Wish I could be there to see this one. Will be there in Spirit! . What an Honor!
God Bless you for "Where Were You"
QUOTE;

ALAN JACKSON TO PERFORM AT WASHINGTON NATIONAL CATHEDRAL

“A Call To Compassion” 9/11 Tenth Anniversary
NASHVILLE, Tenn.  (Aug. 22, 2011)  The Washington National Cathedral announced today plans for “A Call To Compassion,” a three-day commemoration of the Tenth anniversary of 9/11. On Sunday evening Sept. 11, country music superstar Alan Jackson will be performing at the Cathedral as part of “A Concert For Hope,” along with R&B legend Patti LaBelle and renowned mezzo soprano Denyce Graves.  In the days following the 9/11 tragedy, the National Cathedral was called on to serve as a sacred national gathering place for mourning, reflection and prayer.  As the country marks the tenth anniversary of that tragic day, the Cathedral will once again open its doors to the nation and offer a weekend of programming to honor the dead, address the continued need for national healing, and foster the desire to create a more hopeful and just world.

This special week-end (Sept. 9-11) long commemoration will be shared with military men and women deployed across the country and around the world by the Pentagon Channel.  “A Concert For Hope” will also air on numerous ABC affiliates nationwide live Sunday, Sept.11, 8:00pm – 9:00pm EST.  Check local listings.

People across the country and around the world may participate in any of the events, which will be streamed live and available to watch online at www.calltocompassion.

To view a full list of events please visit www.calltocompassion.com.

UNQUOTE
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:49:24 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:35:44 pm »

Jeri, I already posted about this at the ALAN'S MUSIC DISCUSSION section, but thanks for posting it again in this section.

BHR

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 03:54:28 pm »

Heard about this on the radio this morning and well be watching what tv station here has it on

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 05:36:39 pm »

BHR, I get this on Twitter link from  perhaps Alan before usually it comes out most places, sorry for the oversight ..
So sorry I had not seen your post before.

I am so happy Alan is getting to do this performance right before we go to see him @ the Opry!

The National Cathedral is  beautiful.The Choir is good we used to live near DC. I am so happy to note also that Patti LaBelle is singing as well. Nothing gives more Hope & Healing than a group of Singers like these listed..I have heard  renowned mezzo soprano Denyce Graves and she's the Best! Looking forward to seeing this on TV somewhere, before we leave for the Opry..
The way this link talks , it will be able to be viewed worldwide, that's Great! All our Fans Abroad can hear it too!
This will be a healing show of sorts, just as Alan's "Where Were You" the Song he wrote , was for so many .. Love this Song and Thanks to Alan for doing it..even in Concert..It still brings tears to my eyes, each time I hear it..
God Blessings to Alan & All who is working on this "Concert For Hope." It will represent the families of those lost, also the military families. It will be very touching, I'm sure..Hard to believe it's been ten years, since our Country had this horrific
event happen. In that  it changed our beloved Country forever.. we always stick together at times such as this, however.
Thank You Alan, Jerrie

Jean/B and Elaine.. You might use the link , it is supposed to be broadcast streaming all over..the World , it says..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:06:02 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 06:32:06 pm »

Awesome. What an honor. Hard to believe it's been 10 years.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 07:06:26 pm »

Jeri, that is quite alright. I've done it a few times myself. Thanks for the link you provided. Where I originally found and read this from online did not mention, I don't think, about it to be streamed live online as well and that the commemoration is actually an all day affair, more or less, to be closed with a healing concert. . ."A Concert of Hope". This will also be broadcast live in the Pentagon Channel, a tv channel being used at military installations abroad for the benefit of our military men and women who are deployed overseas. As I commented on my post on this, just thinking about this commemoration concert and Alan's performance of WWY is already making me feel a little emotional.

Yes, the 9-11 event did change this our beloved country forever, I agree. My own personal experience of the effect of it on some, if not a lot of people the day after is something I will never forget. Suffice to say that I felt added anger to the terrorists attack on The Twin Towers and at the same time fear for my son, who was with me when it happened, and I that we will be put in some kind of harm. Thanks again, Jeri, for the link. And Thank You, Alan, for that healing song.

BHR

Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 02:29:17 am »

Congratulations Alan what a awesome honor!!!!!
I have been to this beautiful cathedral.....breathtaking!!!!!  I know the earthquake did some outside damage to the cathedral.  With such a hugh event taking place I'm sure they will get things in order where safety is concerned.
I would love to go it's only 2 1/2 hours from me....And yes we definately felt the earthquake at our house.
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 04:12:31 pm »

Any one know if you can tickets for this concert?
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 07:20:14 pm »

Any one know if you can tickets for this concert?

Betty, from the link Jeri included on her post above I found this page for ordering/reserving your ticket(s) for any and all of the events taking place that weekend in WA, DC commerating the 10th anniversary of the 9-11 terrorists attack:

https://tickets.cathedral.org/public/show.asp

Hope you'll still be able to secure ticket(s) for yourself and they're for good seating(s). Let us know if you do. Good Luck!

BHR

AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 05:58:15 pm »

I'm so sad because neither of my local ABC affiliates will be carrying this show. 
Hey Cindy, I hope the fan club can get Alan's performance(s) on video to post to this website.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 01:23:16 pm »

I'm so sad because neither of my local ABC affiliates will be carrying this show. 
Hey Cindy, I hope the fan club can get Alan's performance(s) on video to post to this website.

AlanfanBecky, I'm not sure what is going on with the ABC network, but I just checked their website and there's not one single mention of that special event concert. I also did check their tv schedule program listing and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is listed for that hour instead of the concert. I went to their contact page and sent a message inquiring about this and thus far have only received their automated response to inquiries sent them stating that they can not send individual respond due to the volume of messages they receive, so, I don't know if I'll hear from them again. Maybe, if a lot of us sends them a message on these regard, they might actually respond to one of us and at least clear up the confusion. Thanks for posting your message. This is very concerning. Everyone of us here, I'm sure, would want to be able to watch this. If bad comes to worse, we all can just watch the streaming of it online, I suppose. Sad too.

BHR

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 04:20:08 pm »

Keep checking the channels   all of them  nbc  cbs and abc   alot stations have something on  for the 11th anniversary

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 09:55:37 pm »

Becky,
If no other way, you can try to stream it from the link I posted Live . It tells the time. You have to register and I already have.It is the Concert of Hope w/Alan Jackson and others listed. I hope it works. Remember it's on September 11 in the AM-It tells the exact time. I can watch TV on my computer on other shows, so it should work.
 I Wish I lived in some of the places it is shown live on TV but hopefully we can find it either here
online or somewhere Live..The President is speaking also. It should be on Live somewhere.
This today brings back the horror of it all, but the closeness of our Country also.
I hope you get to see it. Jerrie
EDITED- We saw Alan on C-SPAN and he was wonderful! A Great Concert! I wish Alan had been on longer.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:26:26 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: