Alan Jackson
May 01, 2024, 07:17:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardrock concert  (Read 9872 times)
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2009, 09:43:50 am »

Ok Sharon, here it is...LOL  Can't believe no one else posted a review on last night's concert yet.

Anyway, as always, it was GREAT and a really GOOD TIME.  It was a pretty packed house and Alan started a little late, probably waiting for the seats to fill in because at 7:30 it wasn't filled in a lot, I think people thought he had an opening act and were taking their time getting to their seats.  It was eventually a pretty packed house. 

Alan wore a light green western shirt and started with a short version of Gone Country.  I got Patti and her family plus the ones in between us to help with the GOOD TIME signs which was the second song.  I had second row almost dead center.  Security on the right side of the stage was letting a lot of people up to the stage but the left side wasn't.  I eventually just went over the front row and stayed at the stage for a good part of the concert.  (thanks to my buddy from CA that helped me over...LOL)  Alan seemed to really enjoy himself and threw out a lot of picks.  My cell phone has a "skin" on it with Alan's picture on both sides.  He took it and my sharpie and smiled when he signed it. 

Not much else I can add except it was another fantastic night hearing and seeing our Alan!!!

It was good to meet you Patti, and see you again Jeri. 

I'm off to the airport, headed to Birmingham.  Not going to tonight's festival concert so will have a day to relax. 

Livin' On Love in California
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 11:58:58 am »

HI Terry I am glad you got there safe and sound and had such a great time. Thanks for letting us know so fast.  You sound like such a fun lady and sounds like ALAN thinks the same thing.  No wonder everyone wants to sit near you.  Take Care.    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Patti

patriciasellars
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 02:05:16 pm »

Great review Teri.  It was good to meet you and Jeri.  My family and I had a GOOD TIME we all enjoyed helping with the GOOD TIME signs.

Patti   
Livin on Love in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:29:24 pm »

Great review Teri.  It was good to meet you and Jeri.  My family and I had a GOOD TIME we all enjoyed helping with the GOOD TIME signs.

I finally post, we didn't get home intil about 3 Am today, stopped to get gas etc.. so tired

Alan and the Strayhorns were really good. My husband even commented he like this show better than  any he had been to w/me.

I must say, the venue is pretty nice but  Alan's performances  He is always Great. my hubby just got to hear the  Mercury song, he loved it..I love some set lists better than others but Always love Alan !!
This show was much more uptempo and people were singing along and just having fun.. We talked to people sitting by Us and I told them all I knew about our Guy Alan !
So good to see Terry and know she got there ok.I went up front to give her a  mothely hug ha! She was up with friends doing the signs etc.. .I am exhausted today, but will write a review later. Patti nice to meet you, even if we were not close  to you upfront.
Our row was 6, but we enjoyed it this time as hubby made a few photos. He liked where we were.
It was so funny an older man in front of us, just danced and danced to Alan's Music. he was having a ball by himseft. he could really dance. lol
We ate before the show but we didn't run into Terry or patti then. Will try and write a review later w/photos but my Son is visiting w/babies. Terry great to see you again girl!
Take care all of you and Yes! Alan put on a fantastic Concert. So many younger people was singing along in front of us, and really enjoying the music.. The uptempo ones seem to really get the younger people liking his music more..Loved all the songs myself
One thing I do remember Alan said as he was about to leave the Concert, that reminded me of my dad saying this. Alan waved and said "Be Sweet". he also said he had been fishing that day and went down the ST Johns river. which is near us
Alan and theStrayhorns , thanks again for another great Concert, we really enjoyed it!!!!
People were having a ball.
See you girls at St Augustine  if we feel up to it...  we will definitely See Alan at St Augustine if at all possibe. Terry take care, Did you see Louann, we missed her.. Loved seeing your signs in front of us!!!
The young girls and guys in front of us were on the screen. I told her to look or she would not have noticed. They loved that!
Later Gators, Jerrie aka Artsy
I can't remember all the Songs now,  I know my hubby loved  the Mercury encore!!!
Take care to all, sorry I am too tired right now to do a review., sorry..we did get to hear The Bluesman, love it! also "WWY"
See you all there I hope!
 (Posted in wrong place lol)( edited , sorry for complaing about being tired,)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:39:42 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 03:01:07 pm »

Thanks a lot for the reviews Terry & Jerrie.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
suem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 07:23:54 pm »

Thanks for the reviews....My favorite part of the board is reading others experiences and fun times at the concerts.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 09:12:16 pm »

Thanks for the reviews!  Love reading them!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 05:13:08 am »

Thanks for the reviews, Terry & Jeri! 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 08:16:39 am »

Thanks for the review Terry, I just read it now...

AJ IS THE BEST
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 05:32:06 pm »

Thanks for the great reviews
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 10:53:33 am »

Hi Jeri_MS   Thank you for your review.  I am glad your Husband heard ALAN'S MERCURY song and ALAN himself and likes him. It make it more fun for you if he is having fun and likes ALAN too.    What's not to like, right Jeri?.    Take Care   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: