Alan Jackson
May 02, 2024, 12:56:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's opening act for Tulsa......why them?????? eeek!  (Read 5580 times)
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2009, 09:58:37 pm »

Ok folks I need to vent!!!!!  We have row 2 tickets for ALAN in my home town of Tulsa November 7th and today I heard on the radio that the opening act is Glorianna.  I am disappointed beyond words!  Here's why:
They are young, not a bit country, have only one hit song, play a pretty short set (when you combine that shortness with ALan's typically short set it will be the earliest ending concert ever at our venue!), and the main reason................they just opened for Taylor Swift at the same place this week!!!!!!!!  SO hearing them announced as openers for ALan won't sell any additional tickets since they just were here!  You would think whoever decides this stuff would send someone else for Tulsa!  He usually has great opening acts...I heard him with Josh Turner, Jake Owen, LeAnn WOmack...this is a huge step down IMO!  Taylor Swift had Kellie Pickler open after Glorianna finished, Keith Urban was just here weeks ago with SUGARLAND opening for over and hour (he played for 2+ hours after they finished), and CHesney had Miranda Lambert open for him......I am hoping that somehow they will find someone a bit more experienced and well known for our listening pleasure....ok, off my chest now, had to vent........aaaaaah!     sigh......................even my 16 year old niece doesn't want to hear them again.......so it's not just me being old :-)

Nan

Livin on Tulsa Time and listenin to ALAN JACKSON!!
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 12:35:01 pm »

I guess the good thing is keep remembering who is next....his gorgeousness!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
suem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 08:48:26 pm »

Sometimes I'm perplexed too!

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:34:50 pm »

I asked the venue who was opening for Alanat Hollywood, & they said he doesn't have anyone. I was pleased to know we would hear just Alan.. It was great!

Perhaps Gloriana will improve with more concerts, I remember  when Jake Owen startred and he is much better now and so is his band.

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: