Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 05:27:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Front Row Winner  (Read 10535 times)
Allison

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2011, 04:59:36 pm »

So excited I received an e-mail today from Cindy Hart to say I won front row seats to see Alan on July 21, 2011 in Toronto, I think my heart missed a beat when I saw the title of the e-mail because I was so hoping for the meet and greet. 

Can't wait for the concert, question for everyone I had already purchased tickets through the fan club can I give them away and use the tickets I won or the tickets I won are they just an upgrade from the tickets I purchased and I still need them?  Does anyone know, I did call the fan club but of course they are closed for the weekend so I left a message.

Keep your fingers crossed I don't want to be greedy but I really want to meet Alan that would be a dream come true.

Have a good weekend everyone
Allison
Barrie, Ontario
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 05:06:37 pm »

Congratulations Allison - enjoy the concert!!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 06:53:56 am »

Congratulations..Have great time!!

RAY
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 09:00:44 am »

Wonderful Allison!  Enjoy!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

PERL

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 11:11:39 am »

So happy for you on July 21. 

I am hoping to hear about July 29 at the Meadowbrook in New Hampshire.  My stomach is a flutter just to be going.  It is my birthday present to myself.  Birthday on July 31 so I will celebrate the entire week-end. 

Would love a meet and greet .   
ginbat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 05:10:42 pm »

How did you like your front row seats?  I was thinking I would not be happy if I had front row seats because there were so many people in front of the stage.  Your view must have been totally blocked?
smcguire

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 05:43:52 pm »

Congratulations! Keeping my fingers crossed for Alan's concert at Comcast arena in Everett, Wa.
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 09:41:32 am »

Allison,  How was the concert on Thursday evening?  How long was Alan on stage?  My brother called me about 7pm to see if I wanted tickets to see him?  He had two tickets from someone who changed their minds because it was so hot.  But of course, by the time I would of gotten ready and driving down, I probably would have missed some of it.  I wish it was earlier in the day that he let me know, I probably would have taken them.  I want to hear about the concert, so please reply.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 10:05:49 am »

Allison...Congratulations! How was the show, and of course, the view?

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Allison

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 07:21:04 am »

Alan was wonderful as always but the seats even though front row were not good, they were the last two seats on the end so we were facing a huge black box, not sure what was behind it and then of course even before the opening act people were standing at the stage and didn't move all night, and I mean all night!!! My girlfriend and I finally made our way up to the front of the stage but not till almost 3/4 of the way through Alan's set.  I was greatful for the tickets but I still don't like the way the fan club handles the notification where you won tickets or not, up until the day before the concert I had four tickets the two I won and then the two I paid $270. for.

Allison
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 08:54:34 pm »

I hate and beg to differ with you a bit here, Jeri. While your opinion is appreciated and some of your points are well taken, I think, personally, Allison did Alan's fans a favor in informing them not to have high expectations on where exactly they're going to be seated at should they win the front row seats tickets by posting about what she had experienced. Allison, I thank you for that. I also had the same thoughts you did as far as that goes up until I read your post. I don't know that it would have made any difference had you've been notified of your winning the tickets days prior to the concert day unless what you're saying is that you would not have quickly sold/given away your other tickets had that been the case and, therefore, you would have chosen to keep the ones you paid for instead? I'm so sorry that this had happened to you. Glad to hear, though, that you still had fun and enjoyed Alan's concert. Just put this experience in your book of lessons learned for future reference.

And, Jeri, just a friendly advice here. . .no malice intended. Please be very careful when make comment in regards to cost of anything not being much. For you, maybe, paying $270 for 2 concert tickets (the other 2 were free) is not that much, but for many others, it's a privilege (for the lack of a better word to use) to even be able to afford it, especially in this economy. With my apologies, I think I understand what you meant by that comment, but the way you "said" it on your post implied differently, however.

BHR

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 12:30:41 pm »

Not to be rude to anyone   but you dont know where the front row seats  are  till you get there.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 06:49:23 pm »

I won front row seats once and they were the end two seats, but still in the front row and were still very good seats.  Would do it again.  Leslie
Allison

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 08:30:32 am »

Wow, I really opened a can of worms by putting my feelings down on here.  I just wanted everyone to know that even if you are front row winners doesn't mean the seats are going to be any better than if you bought them.

Also I was a little upset that I have purchased tickets on the day they went on sale and then 5 days before the concert found out I had won tickets.  My suggestion to the fan club would be a week before tickets go on sale have the draw then notify the winner and then they don't have to log on and buy tickets.

Just a thought, have a great day everyone!!
Allison
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: