Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 07:29:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa concert seating---BOOO!! New general admit PIT area!  (Read 6646 times)
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2011, 06:10:48 pm »

OMG, just clicked thru to the venue here in Tulsa only to see the seating chart now has a huge PIT section in front of the regular seating where the fan club gets us what are normally great seats--basically what this means is that if you even got front row seats from AJFC, there will be hundreds of folks standing in front of you.  I am SO surprised and very disappointed.  I clicked to try and buy a PIT ticket and was offered numbers 188-189 so that tells me there are lots of them :-(  Just venting here.  Last time it was soooo perfect and this is a bad surprise :-(  sigh....
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 07:40:55 pm »

Okiejacksonfan, no offense, but, you just might be jumping the gun here. The last time my family and I went to see Alan in concert we were at the PIT section of the venue it was held. . .we were Preferred Seating tickets holders. So, there could be a good posibility that the preferred seating section for Alan's fan club members may have been moved forward to the PIT section in the Tulsa venue, hence, this may not be such a bad news as you're thinking it to be. :-) This may explain also why the tickets offered you at the PIT section are for seats further away from the stage.

Enjoy the concert!

BHR

AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:57:22 am »

OMG, just clicked thru to the venue here in Tulsa only to see the seating chart now has a huge PIT section in front of the regular seating where the fan club gets us what are normally great seats--basically what this means is that if you even got front row seats from AJFC, there will be hundreds of folks standing in front of you.  I am SO surprised and very disappointed.  I clicked to try and buy a PIT ticket and was offered numbers 188-189 so that tells me there are lots of them :-(  Just venting here.  Last time it was soooo perfect and this is a bad surprise :-(  sigh....

okiejacksonfan, I totally agree with you on the seating.  I checked with the Venue & Alan's fan club and what we see (on the seating chart) is what we get.  I'm not fond of having hundreds of folks standing in front either.  Who determines the seating chart ... the Venue or Alan?

P.S.  It was nice meeting You & Theresa in Colorado last month. Smiley

Gladys   
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 12:15:04 am »

I saw that to the pit area    and hesitated on getting tickets.     But decided to get tickets,     it has never been like that before .

Gone  Country    Arkansas
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 02:35:55 pm »

Thx for the replies gals, I went ahead and got PIT tickets so I wouldn't have tons of folks standing in front of me!!!  I'm too short to see anything and I want to SEE!!!!!  SO my friends that don't mind standing for hours will join me :-)  I know the venue well and the PIT is a big section on the diagram so I went for it!!!!!! 
Dee572 did u get PIT tics or regular ones?Huh??

Gladys it was great to meet you too!!!  I don't know who picks seating charts but the other concerts near that same time do not have a PIT.  They have the normal seating for our venue here. 
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 10:48:47 pm »

Nan this is three times you are getting to see the man
 I am happy for you ....even if you did have to go
all the way to Australia to see him...I am sure that
 was a good trip...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 07:59:46 pm »

Dee572 forgot to answer you--I got the Pit tickets because I didn't want to be way back from normal fc positioning!  Learned today that the venue had nothing to do with the PIT area, it was the idea of Alan's managers!  They suggested I address all complaints to the fan club in hopes they can communicate to the managers!!!  I don't know who those folks are but his songs don't get played here and now this for us fc members---I am not likin it!  I volunteer to be his manager:-)
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 10:17:18 pm »

Nan I hate you are having so many problems with you radio station
 is it a clear channel station we had that trouble for awhile with our
station in playing Alan last album very little air play...I complained
 and told them I sure was listen to a lot of really bad song before
 they played Alan songs I think it was the cc stations on his last
 Freight Train album for sure.  The would not play Ring of Fire at all.
I complained to them but that didn't help.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: