Alan Jackson
May 02, 2024, 04:05:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I made it thru my Meet and Great.....Best night of my life!  (Read 17243 times)
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2009, 01:17:02 am »

Well I made it.  After 10 days of nerves, anxiety and worry....I was the first to go into the tent from my group.  I waited for what seemed minutes but was probably 2 seconds, He walked in and I said "OH      MY     GOD" lowly I hope.  Said to myself IT IS REALLY HIM!  Why I did I don't know...did I think it was going to be an imposter??? duh....anyway he shook by hand and I looked at him and could not believe how HANDSOME he is in person up close.  I almost lost my breath!!!  I told him I was an eleven year cancer survivor on Oct 5 and he said " Well good for you"!  I told him it was HIS music and videos that are my Magic therapy and that is what keeps me going.  Then it was time for our picture and he slid his arm around my waist and it was oh so warm.  As I went to walk away a few steps......my knees buckled and one of the guys sort of caught me and passed me my cane.....don't know if Alan noticed but I was very embarrassed. It was nerves I am sure.   As I was walking out, I turned back and told him " I LOVE YOU.  I wished I had said I love your cookbook or something but oh well...I do love him and the book.  When I got outside I lost it....cried and cried and then they had to get me a wheelchair as I was a bit woozy from the build up and the fact that I did not, shake, cry or panic when I saw the best lookin, best singing man in the world.  I am go grateful and this experiance ranks right up there as one of the best days of my life.  Hope more of you get a M & G......Thanks Jeri and others for the great advice.....it worked!  YEE-HAW!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 03:05:04 am »

Congrats for the great & meet "ajthecatsmom "! I'm so glad for you.
Thanks for the review. I bad you'll never forget those wonderful few moments.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 11:33:40 am »

Thanks for the great review of your meet & greet. 

Livin' On Love in California
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 11:59:25 am »

Thanks for sharing your story.  I think we can all relate to how you felt.  Congratulations!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:02:09 pm by jinx47 » Logged

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 12:01:23 pm »

Oh ajthecatsmom you did so great. It must be so hard to hold it together standing next to Alan and you even talked to him.  I am so happy for you. Thank you for telling us all about it.      nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 12:47:21 pm »

Thanks for telling us all about your Meet & Greet, ajthecatsmom.  What a special night it was for you!!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
ANNIEB123

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 01:54:29 pm »

[/b]Thank you for sharing your meet and greet with us, ajthecatsmom.  I totally know how you felt.  Hope to be so fortunate someday.  My patient husband and I were at the Gilford show too.  It was chilly by the lake, but Alan's show was great....so many songs I enjoy on my commute everyday...it was breathtaking to see him and hear the band and Alan live.  My first show.  Can't wait for that Georgia country boy to be back in New England again.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 03:25:05 pm »

Thanks for sharing your M&G.  I felt like I was right there with you! 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 08:06:34 pm »

Thanks for a great review!  How exciting!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 08:17:34 pm »

Thanks for sharing your meet and greet experience!  I probably would faint or something stupid for sure.  You did great.  Loved your story!

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:04:49 pm »

You did great!! I knew you would because Alan is so kind. I'm sure he meant every word he said to you. Do not be embarrassed about almost falling,I'm sure they understood. You did wonderful and I'm glad you said "I Love You" I'm sure he knows how you feel  and understands. Isn't it almost like a spiritual feeling too! I was nervous a bit but perfectly relax standing next to him. I am so thankful for you to see him, can't wait to see your photo! Congrats and I am so happy for your time with Alan.
God Bless,
Jerrie aka Artsy

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Patti

patriciasellars
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 08:53:53 pm »

Great review of your M&G, I felt like I was right there.

Hope to get one but have not heard anything yet.

Patti   
Livin on Love in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 09:26:06 pm »

Way to go on your Meet & Greet !!!  I know I would be very nervous too !! I would probably pass out and they would have to call an ambulance !!!  Glad you got to meet him !!!  I am very happy for you !!!

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
nannylin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 04:40:26 pm »

Hi:  I remember you at the M&G, you were just ahead of me a bit with your son, I think that was you.  What a brave lady you are.  I felt the same way about Alan as you wrote in your message, he is my all time and only passion, I luv his songs, music, has brought me thru some really bad things in my life. His story of how he met Denise, his daughters and all the time he has stayed with his family is very impressive to me.
 I am a full time caregiver for my husband and not that well myself so I listen to Alan's CD's all the time and they lift me up.  It was the most exciting thing in my life in a long time to actually get to touch him, he has a wonderful soft voice, sweet and kind face, and he sure is tall.
I was just shaking before I got to go in the tent, I will never forget that moment of meeting him. 
The concert that nite was awesome, I luv the songs from Good Time's Album, my daughter bought it for me the day it went on sale.
My grandson, Skyler, is 8 yrs old and Him and I belt out "I'm A Country boy" all the time.  Everyone back home looked at my pic with Alan and were so excited for me.  My kids tease me about Alan, but I dont  care, his songs make my life a whole lot better.  thanks Alan for the M&G I hope to get one again soon when you come back to Orillia. I wouldn't have gotten to the show if it wasn't for my good friend Janet, she is an angel.
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 06:07:21 pm »

Your one phrase "he makes my life better" sums Alan up in a nutshell.......I think we all feel that  way in one way
or another!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:09:07 pm by jinx47 » Logged

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: